Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 07:17 PM
teak should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Re: teak\'s journal

[ QUOTE ]
Did you do all these sets three times? If so, I think those seem a combination of strip and drop sets. I bet it was painful. Some of us record those like this:
60 x 8+7+5 (drop) 50 x 9+9+7 (drop) 40 x 7+7+6 (drop) 30 x 10+8+7 (3 sets)
Another format is: 60/50/40/30 x 8+7+5/ 9+9+8 / 7+7+6 / 10+8+7 (3 sets)

It's a sort of lingo [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

<font color="green"> Yes I did those sets 3 times. It is painful ... i took that exercice from that article called 8 weeks to bigger biceps or something called like that. </font>

Anyway, that looked like a great bicep workout. Since bis are your priority and you are picking some serious weights, you should give it a try to the Animal 8 week program
<font color="green"> Just added it to my favorite, ill give it a look tonight and maybe use it for my bicep day instead of what I am doing right now! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot for replying btw [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2004, 01:11 AM
Bantamweight

Jan 16th :

Today was my Day 4 (legs+abs) :

I didn't workout my legs for 4 months, so this means light weights, very light :|.

Leg press
12x360
12x360
12x360
12x360
(i guess i could use a bit more next time!)

Leg extension
12xN
12xN
12xN
12xN

N = some weight, which I am not sure of ... sigh. I think it's 10 pounds per plate, which would get it to 140pounds. Also, I held the weight 1-2 second at the top for every rep...tahts killing the muscle there...

Leg curl (hammerstrenght machine)
12x90
10x90
9x90
7x90
(with some negatives rep at the end)

Calves (when you are sitting with the weight on your laps)

15x115
15x160
12x195
12x195
(will have to adjust weight again)

plus half an hour of abs, stomach still hurting...

well, it was a good workout for going back into leg training, altho not VERY effective (probly still wont be able to walk tomorrow but hey, that was the point!)
Old 01-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Bantamweight

Jan 18th update :

after friday and saturday of resting :

Day 1 Chest/Triceps :

Flat dB Bench press :
70x9
70x8
70x6
*all sets followed by 10x25 flat Flies
<font color="red">5lbs improvement from last week </font>

Incline dB Bnehc press :
55x10
55x8
55x7
*same
<font color="red">5lbs improvement from last week </font>

Decline (hammerstrenght machine) :
100x9
100x7
90x7
<font color="red">5lbs improvement from last week, except last set </font>

Triceps :

Flat bench triceps
85x10
85x10
85x9
*followed by 15 dips
<font color="red">20lbs improvement from last week </font>

Elbow out extension
20x10
20x10
20x10
*followed by 15 dips
<font color="red">no improvement</font>

Pulldown
70x10
70x9
70x9

<font color="red">
Last week weight : 183.2
1 week after : 185.4
Total gain = 2.2lbs
</font>
Old 01-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Syddles should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Hey teak. Good luck on your bulk! Your workouts are looking solid. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2004, 06:03 PM
Bantamweight

[ QUOTE ]
Hey teak. Good luck on your bulk! Your workouts are looking solid. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! They are kinda solid but I wish they would be more, although it's hard when you are working out alone ... that's the only weakness of my training, I MUST find a partner.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:24 PM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

It looks like you are making some good strength and size gains, Teak! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Keep up the good work!

I also work out alone, so I can appreciate that struggle. I hope you find someone! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 01-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Bantamweight

I have an appointment this tuesday to pass some tests and measure my BF%, I will give you the stats asap, as well as the stats I had when I started back in september ... I can't wait!

I will soon buy a caliper to measure it myself so I don't go nuts everytime I take a pound ...

I am wondering something tho, I have a quite slow metabolism and my body tends to store fat easily. I am currently bulking (as stated above), this means I have to eat more than what I used to (I just finished a fat burning diet, where I have lost nearly 30 pounds, thats counting the muscle gains). I am a little worried about gaining some fat because I eat more. If I eat very healthy stuff and workout hard 4 days a week, are there a lot of chances that I store a quite big amount of fat? or will this extra food help me getting bigger without storing fat?

thx for help.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Just keep your diet very clean and you can keep fat gain to a minimum. Many of us who clean bulk are able to decrease our bf%. The only difference between my cutting and bulking diets are my caloric intake; my food choices and macros remain the same.
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 01-20-2004, 12:40 PM
Bantamweight

[ QUOTE ]
Just keep your diet very clean and you can keep fat gain to a minimum. Many of us who clean bulk are able to decrease our bf%. The only difference between my cutting and bulking diets are my caloric intake; my food choices and macros remain the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

So from what I understand, I can eat a LOT of healthy (and lean) food during my bulk, which will help me growing much faster, and this will (if lean enough) reduce my BF%?

btw, I will have all my stats this afternoon ... I have an appointment @ 3pm
Old 01-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

^^ You will stay eating every 2.5 - 3 hours. Your carbs will add up (and will have extra energy). Regardless you'll be eating a lot more your metabolism will keep burning fat by eating that frequent. If you want, post your diet for comments.
Closed Thread