Grrr...some people just don't 'get it'!!! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 05:14 PM
buffmom should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Grrr...some people just don\'t \'get it\'!!!

Sorry for the vent, but I'm so mad right now. Between me and my co-worker one of us has to be in the office at all times during the work day. I asked her if she would be here on Friday afternoon so I could leave a little early to do an errand and she said she would. We got talking about why I wanted to leave early and she said, 'well, just go on your lunch hour' I told her I didn't want to because I didn't want to miss my workout and she got all huffy and said 'you can do that any time' and turned her back on me in a huff when I told her I was trying to stick to a specific schedule. I think she's really just jealous that I can stick to my schedule and it irritates her that I work out (I tried to help her get going with some kind of fitness program, but she told me she's not 'that kind of person'). Yeah...she's overweight with tons of weight related medical problems!!!! I would do my errand at lunch time and try to hit the gym after work, but I work at a University and all the students bombard the gym right at the time I get out of work. I don't have the equipment I like to use at home, but I could do a milder 'pull' workout at home if I have to. Grrrr...she just makes me so mad, this isn't the first time she's discounted my fitness program, I should have known I was walking right into it by telling her I didn't want to miss a workout!
Old 12-09-2003, 05:29 PM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Grrr...some people just don\'t \'get it\'!!!

i say real tick her off by complaining about how fat you feel. nothing is more annoying than when a slender girl complains about being fat.

no, i'm just kidding. people always want you to join them in their unhealthy habits so they don't feel so guilty. i guess the only thing you can do is avoid the subject with her from now on. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2003, 07:29 PM
enderwigginout should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Yeah...she's probably just pissed off that you actually set the gym as a priority and she doesn't! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2003, 10:48 PM
bennyhanna1 should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
i say real tick her off by complaining about how fat you feel. nothing is more annoying than when a slender girl complains about being fat.

no, i'm just kidding. people always want you to join them in their unhealthy habits so they don't feel so guilty. i guess the only thing you can do is avoid the subject with her from now on. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't normally post too much in this forum... but i couldn't resist when i read your first line... i agree, it is the most annoying thing ever! two girls in one of my classes complain about being fat and they are twigs, it ticks me off lol!
<font color="green"> But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. Mt 19:26 </font>
<font color="#666666"> For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. </font>
<font color="red"> "With ABC and the Lord, how can one go wrong?" ZachE84 </font>
Old 12-10-2003, 12:04 AM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

I know exactly how you feel!

I hate missing workouts for anything other than a rest day or when I need a rest day.

For instance: my mom called me last night to tell me about some part time job where I would work from 5-9 3 nights a week. Where would I get the other half of my workouts in? She got mad when I started telling her that I wouldn't have enough time to workout and how I need a job and whatnot.

True, I need a job, but one that doesn't interfere that much with my training schedule.

Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 12-10-2003, 01:28 AM
windsrprk should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

[ QUOTE ]
two girls in one of my classes complain about being fat and they are twigs, it ticks me off lol!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh...but it is possible to be thin and overfat. I used to be that way and I see it quite a bit in other females.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:13 AM
Debbie9999 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Sometimes it doesn't pay to be too honest with people like that. It is none of her business what kind of errand you need to do or anything else about your personal schedule. Ask someone to do you a favor and they should not pry. They should only agree to do it or decline. Period. I hate when others think that they have a right to run your life, telling you when you should do what.

Old 12-13-2003, 11:22 AM
Wildcat should change his/her status!
Middleweight

First let me say, I agree that when you ask somebody for a favor, they don't have the right to pass judgment on your reasons for needing it. But this gal is being a jerk and you don't have a lot of choice in that. So ...

Is there any possible way to do the errand right after work when the gym is crowded, then circle back to the gym after the "rush" has died down?

Or take a short workout at lunch, a quick shower and eat at your desk?

Getting the workout in is a priority. That's not negotiable; we know that. The only question is HOW to get it done. Think outside the box a little, and a solution might occur to you. Pretend you're a 4-year-old. They can come up with the craziest answers, that sometimes work!
Old 12-16-2003, 07:03 PM
luvmypt should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Please don't take offense but as a Director of a dept, I feel the need to play devil's advocate.

How often do you need to run errands? Is your co-worker really feeling jealous of your routine or is she feeling put upon because she has to hold down the fort while you made the decision to leave early rather than shorten your routine that day? Maybe you should re-evaluate the situation.

I too, have a morning routine that I hate to miss but if necessary, I miss or shorten my routine because it's the job that pays the bills, not my workout at the Y.

Even though I'm the dept head, I'm very aware of the effect my presence of lack-of has on my people.

Old 12-17-2003, 10:02 AM
buffmom should change his/her status!
Stranger

LOL...no offense taken, but your response really cracked me up because my co-worker is out CONSTANTLY with doctor appointments all over the state for her various ailments (either real or imaginary). She's a major hypochondriac and is out quite a bit while I hold down the fort. I rarely ask to leave early or fit appointments into the work day. She is older and her kids are all grown and out of the house and I have three kids with doctor/dentist appointments, etc. to juggle and I almost always schedule them so they don't interfer with work. So I don't think she was upset about me taking the time to leave a little early, she was annoyed that I wouldn't give up my workout since she doesn't think it's a priority (she even said to me 'you can do that (work out) anytime'). Well, as an update, my boss (and hers) totally backed me up and I got my noon workout in last Friday and did my errand after work and felt great about it!

Vicky
Closed Thread