healthy cold stuff to eat after tonsil and adenoid ectomies? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 01:15 AM
Syddles should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default healthy cold stuff to eat after tonsil and adenoid ectomies?

I'm not sure where exactly this post belongs. I figure since I'm female, and I have a question, then this is probably my safest bet. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I have to get my tonsils and adenoids removed in a couple of weeks (oh joy!). I was told I can still train, but I probably wouldn't feel up to it. What concerns me is the pain of my throat that I'll have. Cold foods are supposedly alleving, however, the only cold things I can think of are ice cream, yogurt, and ice. I'm going to start my first cut on Monday and I can't quite eat ice cream. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking I could just eat crushed ice all day, but that would get kind of boring. Are there any sugar-free or low calorie syrups without much of a laxative effect that I could use for snow cones? Or does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 12-07-2003, 02:44 AM
Swami36 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: healthy cold stuff to eat after tonsil and adenoid ectomies?

I'd say you could make a fruit smoothie but you're cutting
[img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] what about a whey smoothie, that is of course if you take whey... thats a tough one, i cant think of anything else right now...

you should post this in the nutrition forum... i bet you'd have better luck.
Old 12-07-2003, 02:45 AM
enderwigginout should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

My suggestion?

You can make a yummy whey protein banana shake. I make this sometimes in the morning. Maybe you could just add more ice and fruit so you don't have too much protein during the day. I don't know how much you're limiting your fruit intake, but it will be better for you than ice cream or yogurt in any case.

This is all guestimation by the way:
1 banana
1 scoop NATURAL whey
1/3-1/4 Blender full of ice
about 1/4 c of water

Blend it all together and its pretty nice (it fills a regular sized glass about 3/4 full). I'd suggest putting in more ice because mine comes out very smooth and not very icy (and you'll probably want the ice). You could also put other kinds of fruits in with it. I only use natural whey since the banana cuts the taste of the whey (although if you put in 1.5 you can start to taste it again). You can try it with vanilla but I don't like how sickeningly sweet it tastes. I've also sometimes put in 1T of nat peanut butter to increase the fat content so its more filling. It tastes pretty darn good with the pb as well!

Anyway, that's just an idea, but I love those things, so ENJOY! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2003, 02:46 AM
Heavyweight

You could also buy some sugar free koolaid and freeze them in an ice cube trey. You could either blend them in the blender or just have them right out of the tray. You can also do this with tea or juice.
Old 12-07-2003, 03:45 AM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Sugar free jello?
Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 12-07-2003, 10:28 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Can you eat cottage cheese?
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 12-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Super-Heavyweight

Thank you Swami, enderwigginout, bombflower, and Tuf for your suggestions! I'll probably have to use fruit if I make smoothies. It'll only be for a few days and by then hopefully my throat will begin to feel better. So, it's not like I'll be completely blowing my diet.

enderwigginout -- You're right, I'll probably have more luck in the nutrition forum. And that smoothie you suggested sounds really good right now! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tuf --- Yep yep, I'll be eating lots of cottage cheese. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Heavyweight

Ewwww...cottage cheese... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2003, 06:57 PM
Super-Heavyweight

What's so wrong with cottage cheese? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2003, 07:00 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
What's so wrong with cottage cheese? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

good question. i love the stuff!

sugar-free ice cream or non-fat frozen yogurt would be my choice, albeit not a "good" one. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

i would try protein shakes with tons of ice.
Closed Thread