Nail Biting - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 04:53 PM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Nail Biting

I am a terrible nail biter, and I'm wondering if anyone here has any good remedies for it?
Old 12-05-2003, 05:01 PM
brgrman should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: Nail Biting

Hey there Serendipity,

My girlfriend used to do that. She was more prone to do it when something was bothering her or she was nervous. One day I simply asked her to stop because her hands are much prettier with longer nails. She had the willpower and stopped.

In answer to your question many pharmacies carry something to put on children's fingers to keep them from sucking fingers and thumbs. I think it has a bitter taste. My sister used it on one of her boys and it seemed to work. You might try it.

Brgrman
(James 1:2-8) Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds. Because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double minded man, unstable in all he does.

(Romans 8:28) 28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[j] who[k] have been called according to his purpose. 29For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
31What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Old 12-05-2003, 05:06 PM
Heavyweight

Yea, i will have to look into that stuff. I've considered getting my nails done because I won't be able to bite them if they're done up. I realize they mess up your nails a bit, but what's the difference if I chew them to the stubbs anyway?

I have generally fidgety and compulsive. Half the time I don't even realize I am picking or biting my nails until it's too late!
Old 12-05-2003, 05:12 PM
renob should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

put liquid bandaid stuff on it. it tastes NASTY
Old 12-05-2003, 05:14 PM
Pacman should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I do the same. I forget about them for the longest time. Then before I know it, they are gone again. Good luck. Mine are growing again. Just trying to stay conscience of it.
Calves: 15->16
Ankles: 9
Biceps/Triceps: 15->15.25
Wrist: 7
Chest/Back: 46->46.5
Waist: 35->35
Shoulders: 48->50.5
Quad: 24->26
Forearms: 12

My Training/Diet Journal
Hyperplasia Challenge Cut
<font color="red"> Comments Appreciated!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]</font>

Start of Hyperplasia Pictures

"Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali
http://www.artofthegame.com/prints/ali.jpg
Old 12-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Jenn should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I like the idea of getting them done over putting stuff on them.

The drawback is that trying to lift with longer nails was tough for me. I had artificial nails put on in August and I did OK for about 6 weeks but they got in the way as they got longer. I popped a couple off then gave up.

Now they are really weak so I am letting them get a little stronger before I try again. Next time I am getting them short.

Jenn's Journal
Old 12-05-2003, 07:26 PM
ZachE84 is stretching 24/7.
Super-Heavyweight

Put cottage cheese on them [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Nice post brgrman.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

Eat, Sleep, Train!
Old 12-05-2003, 08:29 PM
MuscleRunner should change his/her status!

when i was younger, i used a 'polish' called stopzit or something like that. it tasted horrific...mom said when i was a thumb-sucker, the stuff wouldn't even faze me, but it worked better during my later years [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

would work just as well for nail-biting, i'm sure!
I confess, Lord, with thanksgiving, that you have made me in your image, so that I can remember you, think of you, & love you.
But that image is so worn & blotted out by faults, & darkened by the smoke of sin, that it cannot do that for which it was made unless you renew & refashion it.
Lord, I am not trying to make my way to your height, for my understanding is in no way equal to that, but I do desire to understand a little of your truth which my heart already believes & loves.
I do not seek to understand so that I can believe, but I believe so that I may understand;
and what is more, I believe that unless I do believe, I shall not understand.

--St. Anselm (1033-1109)
Old 12-14-2003, 06:56 PM
BeachBum17 should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

lol howabout stop biting them!

i dunno howabout using tape on the tips of ur fingers?

"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer"
-Homer Simpson
Old 12-15-2003, 11:15 AM
Heavyweight

Well, as I said before I'm really quite unaware that I'm doing it until it's too late. Obviously, if it were merely a matter of "just stopping" I would have thought of that by now.

Closed Thread