Life just gets in the way! - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 11:11 PM
enderwigginout should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Life just gets in the way!

You are a very strong person. Just remember that the tree that doesn't bend occasionally will break just the same. Take a break every once in awhile. No one is superwoman (though you're definately in the running) and no one can expect you to be. [Insert huggy smilie here]
Old 12-04-2003, 09:03 AM
mama2Six should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Thanks everyone for the support. No I am not superwoman - it's something I just felt called to do. It may not happen though. We keep hitting these MAJOR roadblocks, I knock it down only to find a BIGGER one. Why must the world revolve around money? Here are two people in their 80's, God fearing people who have given all their lives to other people and now they NEED something and they can't get it. It looks like we will have to place her in a home :-( I keep trying not to loose my faith or hope on this but this rollercoaster is the PITS!
Amy
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Remember that in a race everyone runs, but
only one person gets the prize. You also must run in such a way that you
will win. [25] All athletes practice strict self-control. They do it to win a
prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. [26] So I run
straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I am not like a boxer who
misses his punches. [27] I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to
do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself
might be disqualified.

Old 12-04-2003, 02:37 PM
Fenix should change his/her status!

you are a strong and couragious person to take on all of what you are now. Keep your faith in God and I have now doubt he will show you the path and keep you and yours safe. May Your family be in many prayers. (you're all in mine!)

My stats
Height:5'11"
Weight: 270 lbs
BF% (to much!!)
Bench: 275 lbs
Squat: 425 lbs
Dead: 315 lbs
mr.lindseth@cox.net
Old 12-05-2003, 08:37 PM
MuscleRunner should change his/her status!

Hi Amy...hoping to offer a piece of encouragment...

You're doing the right thing by trying to arrange the best living arrangement for her. I'm so very encouraged by your perseverance. Remember that the Lord that she & her husband love & fear also loves them infinitely more & will give His best to them. I know it doesn't seem like His best would be a care home.... We don't know His ways; they're beyond our searching out. I'm praying for Him to give you continued endurance & faith as you encounter these roadbocks; & at the same time, for Him to give you rest & peace that He will work His good & perfect will for them & you.

Love in JC--K
I confess, Lord, with thanksgiving, that you have made me in your image, so that I can remember you, think of you, & love you.
But that image is so worn & blotted out by faults, & darkened by the smoke of sin, that it cannot do that for which it was made unless you renew & refashion it.
Lord, I am not trying to make my way to your height, for my understanding is in no way equal to that, but I do desire to understand a little of your truth which my heart already believes & loves.
I do not seek to understand so that I can believe, but I believe so that I may understand;
and what is more, I believe that unless I do believe, I shall not understand.

--St. Anselm (1033-1109)
Old 12-13-2003, 11:15 AM
Wildcat should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I don't really know what to say, just wanted you to know I'm joining with you in prayer for your situation. Let God provide. By that I mean, trust God to provide (which you probably already are), and ALSO, when God gives you an answer that seems to make things easier for you, allow yourself to accept God's gift.

I agree wholeheartedly with the advice in this thread, about taking care of yourself and making little pockets of time for rejuvenation. That will be absolutely crucial for you. You must take care of yourself or you'll have nothing left to give the others.

I don't want to preach, just wanted you to know I'm with you in prayer. God bless and guide you.

Let us know how everything goes, even if it feels like just a vent or a blog. We want to hear.