Life just gets in the way! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 10:49 PM
mama2Six should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Life just gets in the way!

My MIL had a stroke and we just found out she will need 24 hour care. She is mentally OK but is having a hard time with moving her left side. So - it looks like we are moving into a bigger house and my inlaws will be living with me. Clearly this puts my training and life on hold for who knows how long. Once I get a schedule and settled in the new house I should find SOME schedule I can do. We will have a home health nurse coming everyday to give me a break so I can workout then I guess. The thought of packing up 2 FULL houses and moving while taking care of them PLUS my six kids - OMG I need a drink! OK - I won't have one but I can dream right?
Amy
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Remember that in a race everyone runs, but
only one person gets the prize. You also must run in such a way that you
will win. [25] All athletes practice strict self-control. They do it to win a
prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. [26] So I run
straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I am not like a boxer who
misses his punches. [27] I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to
do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself
might be disqualified.

Old 12-02-2003, 11:47 PM
RichW should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Life just gets in the way!

Wish I had some wise words for you or could say "everything will be ok" and it would be!
Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers!
Things will be tough for awhile but with Gods help you can get through it!
God Bless!

<font color="red">I may not be the man I should be or the man,with Christ's help,I someday will be-but praise God I am not the man I used to be!-
Martin Luther King Jr</font>
http://prodtn.cafepress.com/3/7549633_F_tn.jpg

I'm just a body he is the life.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:21 AM
Lor should change his/her status!

I think you are a hero!!!!!
Old 12-03-2003, 07:54 AM
indigobunting should change his/her status!

Wow, I can't even imagine! I don't know what to say other than I know you can do it and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Sarah B.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:57 AM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

you're amazing to do all of that.

good luck with this big change. i hope you're able to find help with this, because that is a lot for one person to take.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:33 AM
schless should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Hi Amy! You and your family will definitely be in my prayers. I know it will be particularly difficult at first as there is a lot of work to be done and this will be a huge adjustment for all. But I would encourage you to find little pockets of time for rejuvenation here and there. Even it it's only a 20 minute walk, a bubble bath, or 15 min with your scriptures. People tend to focus on the one who's ill, but this is very taxing for the caregiver. How you take care of yourself in all of this will be very important to how it all goes, how you interact with your children and those around you, etc. I know it seems overwhelming, but try to find those times for you in there somewhere. It will make all the difference in the world.

Lean on God (as always!) and your friends during this time for the help you need for YOU!

God bless!

Old 12-03-2003, 10:40 AM
MusicJennifer should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Hey,I am so sorry you have to go through so much. Try to take some deep breaths and meditate before your days start...fit working out in when you can, and once your schedule levels out, you'll be back. Maybe this is a good time to let your body take a rest, you'll only come back stronger!
Old 12-03-2003, 10:42 AM
buffmom should change his/her status!
Stranger

Wow...you are awesome. You will need those workouts to relieve your stress!!!

Hugs,

Vicky
Old 12-03-2003, 10:55 AM
RicoCPA should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Wow! That's a lot to handle at once. Good luck and I'll say a few prayer for you!

Weight: 184 lbs. (cutting, now)
BF%: 14.78% (as of 4/20/04)
Chest: 45" / Bicep: 15 1/2" / Forearm: 12 1/2" / Quad: 24" / Calf 16" (As of 2/5/04)
"Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for ALL!!"
Old 12-03-2003, 04:10 PM
MuscleRunner should change his/her status!

oh wow, amy! when it rains, it pours! you've been through a few big traumas/stresses lately. i'm glad your MIL survived her stroke. hopefully, she'll recover some more function in that left side. if her stroke was fairly recent, there's a good chance that she can regain some function (there's a window of time where recovery is more likely &amp; then it drops off--i'm thinking its in the 1-3 month range...you might know this.)

what a blessing you &amp; your family are to be so intimately involved &amp; committed to your in-laws care...very unselfish &amp; encouraging to me!

as the others suggested, try &amp; take a little time for yourself each day. with six kids you've probably learned that if you can find even a little time to take care of your own needs, you'll be far more efficient &amp; giving when it comes to caring for others.

much love &amp; prayers--k [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I confess, Lord, with thanksgiving, that you have made me in your image, so that I can remember you, think of you, & love you.
But that image is so worn & blotted out by faults, & darkened by the smoke of sin, that it cannot do that for which it was made unless you renew & refashion it.
Lord, I am not trying to make my way to your height, for my understanding is in no way equal to that, but I do desire to understand a little of your truth which my heart already believes & loves.
I do not seek to understand so that I can believe, but I believe so that I may understand;
and what is more, I believe that unless I do believe, I shall not understand.

--St. Anselm (1033-1109)
Closed Thread