The female mind and its tricks. - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 11:40 PM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default The female mind and its tricks.

Oh boy.

So my mom took me to the doctors today because I have been having some ear aching, in both ears. We thought maybe it was an ear infection. But apparently, its just some "non-contagious virus" that is going around. Hah. Go figure.

Anyways, the nurse decided for some odd reason that she needed to weigh me.

And this is where my female mind decided to play its dirty tricks with me.

The number came up as 140. 140!

Now I know That the majority of all my weight is muscle, but it still doesn't make me feel 100% better. And it could be lower, considering the time of day I was weighed and the fact that there was previous food consumption as well as being fully clothed in heavy clothing. Not to mention my period is due tomorrow.

But it still makes me feel a little bit bad. It also worsens the fact that the holidays are dangerously close, which equals tons of "bad" food.

I don't know.

Just needed to rant about it somewhere.
Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 11-24-2003, 11:51 PM
IronKnuckle should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: The female mind and its tricks.

Wow, not what I expected. I was hoping for a 'how to understand women' post.

Hey, I think I remember seeing your pics. You really don't need to worry. The mirror is what really matters.
I understand the numbers thing is kind of hard on girls especially.
I've been impressed by your knowlage on this site since I reged. I'm a fan! You and I both know that you can cut that number down any time! And those circumstances were bad for an accurate weigh.
Workout Design I (split)
Workout Design II
Old 11-25-2003, 09:01 AM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Were you wearing all your clothes and shoes? That might have up'd the number a little bit.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:12 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

i hate getting weighed at the doctor's. i always have on big wintery clothes and my shoes alone can weight a few pounds. it makes me feel like a lard because the number is high, but oh well. if your happy with how you look or know that your going in the right direction, that's all that matters.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:21 AM
Cristy should change his/her status!
Lightweight

bomb,

sweetie, you DO NOT need to worry! You had all your clothes on PLUS you are about to start that dreaded TOM! Also, your body is probably holding onto every ounce of water it has in it (at least mine does)! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Have your measurements changed much and/or are your clothes tighter? I know that you understand the scale is our enemy, because muscles weigh more than that nasty fat, but I'll admit that it still can be depressing when the scale is going UP! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
I am having 3 different Thanksgivings this year and I'm really not too worried, because I promised myself to eat CLEAN the other days. It's worked so far...Sunday was my 1st FEAST, but yesterday and so far today, I've eaten PERFECT! Just TRY the moderation thing (I know it's easier said than done for me) but you will be fine. You have drive and determination girl, so keep up the good work and don't think about that stupid scale! It was probably wrong anyway! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2003, 09:27 AM
Debbie9999 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Gee, I also weigh in at 140 pounds, 5'4", and I am hoping to go up!! I dare a doctor, or anyone, to look up my height and weight on one of those "charts" to tell me I should weigh about 115 pounds tops! Oh yeah, then how come I am a size 4?

Old 11-25-2003, 11:36 AM
Poohbear00 should change his/her status!

If there is one thing that I have finally come to grips with is that the scale doesn't matter. I am 5'7 150lbs. I have been this weight now for a few months. (I used to be 220lbs) Since joining a gym and eating heathly foods I have maintained my weight however lost inches in the right places and put on muscle in the right places too. At first it was disheartening to still be 150lbs but after many people telling me to quit looking at the scale I finally realized that they were right.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:02 PM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
I dare a doctor, or anyone, to look up my height and weight on one of those "charts" to tell me I should weigh about 115 pounds tops! Oh yeah, then how come I am a size 4?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at 115 before, and I looked sickly and skinny.

I'm a size 4/5 also, or 6/7, depending on the jean, and before when I was 140, I was in a size 8/9. So, I know I'm doing something right this time and that also helps to make the number seem even less intimidating.
Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 12-02-2003, 04:37 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

[ QUOTE ]
And it could be lower, considering the time of day I was weighed and the fact that there was previous food consumption as well as being fully clothed in heavy clothing. Not to mention my period is due tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just weigh yourself at home without all that extra clothing and stuff. That will help your ego. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:58 AM
indigobunting should change his/her status!

Scales suck! They can ruin a perfectly good day. My advice is to not look and tell the nurse not to tell you next time. I think many of will never be happy with any number on the scale. Big number = too much fat. Little number = not enough muscle. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Just my experience...
Sarah B.