BF%--Fireproof?? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 09:50 AM
Bex should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default BF%--Fireproof??

Hey, I FINALLY got took all my measurements last night and I thought we were doing them well....
BUT! When I plugged them in to Fireproof's BFC....well it says 13% on the 9pt test.... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
NOWAY!!!! There is just noway it can be that low...I mean I can SEE the fat. My best guess would
be around 18-19%.
We measured each site twice and tried to be as accurate as possible...is there something I am not
considering? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Also, we couldn't get anything on my calf...i mean there was just noway to pinch up enough to
measure..same with the bicep...so we kinda fudged there a little... gave the calf a 1 and the bicepa
Suggestions? Smacks in the head???? I'll take what I can get! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

***Didn't mean to indicate I only wanted to hear from Fireproof...If ANYBODY has some suggestions
please feel free to comment. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 11:54 AM
a-folov should change his/her status!
National Champion

Default Re: BF%--Fireproof??

Post the caliper measurements and weight. Lets go through the whole thing, see how it all works out.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:08 PM
Lightweight

Weight - 137
Age - 32
Pec 5mm
Ab 10mm
Thigh 15mm
Subscapula 9mm
Tricep 8mm
Midaxillary 7mm
Suprailiac 9mm
Bicep 2mm (?-couldn't quite get a good pinch here)
Medial Calf 1mm (Again...couldn't get anything to hold onto....even unweighted)
Let me know what you come up with! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 12:49 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Well, I did check it in my spreadsheat and got the same: 9 point 13% and 7 point 15%

Well, there are many posibilities, I think:
- Your calipers are not accurate. Are those "accumeasure" or any other reliable ones?
- You are not reading the stats correctly???
- You are not pinching correctly. It makes me think this one the fact that you can't pinch anything in your medial calf. Are you pinching in front of the bone? If so that is wrong. You need to check the body-fat testing guide article to make sure you are pinching the fat correctly.

- Can't think of any other. Do you have pics?? How about posting them?

Try to do twice again (two days in a row), before your breakfast. Pinch the same side (only left side or only right one). Do it at the same time of the day, same conditions. That might also help.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:56 PM
Fireproof should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Here's the deal. Most women have a lot of subcutaneous fat on their arms and legs, yet it's "tight" against the bodypart making it very difficult to squeeze the fat to measure. This typically occurs on the triceps, thighs, and calves. The fact that you couldn't get a hold of anything may mean that you just aren't grabbing wide enough. There could be a lot of fat there.

Try flexing your calves. Can you see a lot of definition? If not, there's a layer of fat covering it. At any rate, caliper measurements aren't easy to take on everybody... some bodies are harder to measure than others, requiring a really skilled caliperist (is that a word? LOL).

You mentioned you can SEE the fat. Where can you see it?

This is hard to diagnose over the internet, but the calculator is right. If the bodyfat% isn't realistic, then the measurements are off somewhere...
Old 10-24-2003, 02:19 PM
William Ustav is cutting the shadow.
Super Moderator

Here's the REAL deal.

The biceps and calves measurments are about 5 I reckon. They can't be 1-2, because the calipers don't measure 1-3 I think (if you have AccuMeasure at least).
Old 10-24-2003, 02:32 PM
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]

You mentioned you can SEE the fat. Where can you see it?
This is hard to diagnose over the internet, but the calculator is right.
If the bodyfat% isn't realistic, then the measurements are off somewhere...

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="red"> </font> SEE "JIGGLY BUTT" post.... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I don't doubt the calculator...just my measurments. I am using an acu-caliper and Ustev is right
it doesn't have 1 or 2, I wasn't sure what to call it because I couldn't get anything.
I went down to my gym and asked a trainer to show me what I was doing wrong.... What an ego
deflator (not that I thought I was 13% but at least 18ish...) she did a 1 site test and I am 23%
[img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]!!
Can you say COW!!! It is way more realistic though.
She got my abs at 14, calf at 14 and tri at 10...I would say I am doing it wrong! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
At any rate....thank you for responding.
I didn't mean to sound as though I was questioning your calculator...I just value your advice and
appreciate your time to respond.
That goes for all who responded!
THANK YOU! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 02:49 PM
Heavyweight

^^ Hey Bex, what method did the trainer used? 7 point or 9 point? Did she pinch all the sites?

Still 23% is not too bad. You can drop about .5 to 1% per week if you do a cut and get good discipline in your diet and workout. You have about 8 weeks to drop it before Christmas [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 02:54 PM
GetPsycho should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

patyal - sounds like it was a 3 point test
Old 10-24-2003, 02:58 PM
Heavyweight

^^ [img]/forum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Closed Thread