Body Fat - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 10:55 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Body Fat

^^ Where did you get this from??? I mean what's the science behind eating every 1.5 hours. I wonder what's the benefit of ten incomplete meals in a day. Each meal is missing something, either carbs or protein or fat. I'd like to hear Venom's opinion on this. All I've read so far tell me it's better to have one complete and balanced meal every 3 hours than break it down the way you suggest. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2003, 05:35 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

I think at 110lbs you are seriously underweight. The fact you are also losing weight rapidly is worrying.

If I were you, you shoudl stop worrying about losing fat and start thinking about building shapely muscles. Try adding more fats into your diet like olive oil, as these are energy dense, as well as good sources of protein like fish, which also have loads of good fats. Once you get a few more calories in, you'll find your metabolism speeding up a bit more. Combined with a good lifting programme and cardio (NOT EXCESSIVE CARDIO!!!!!!!) you'll see your fat come off and nice muscles building underneath, giving you a fantastic shape, loads of energy, strength and health. At the moment you are basically starving yourself.

Once you get your metabolism revving by eating a bit more, you'll be able to stomach good food properly and work towards building a healthy body.

But I know from experience that mentally this can be very hard, especially if you are stuck in particular patterns of eating and exercising. The fact that you "feel gross" if you eat over a certain amount is a troubling sign. Also, are you wasting hours and hours doing cardio? If you are stuck in a dangerous mental pattern, then any amount of us girls here telling you to "snap out of it" or "do X,Y,Z" won't help unless you really want to change. =Even so, you may need to seek professional help (or at least a very understanding friend/partner)to enable you to get out of this destructive mindset.

Good luck. Sorry if this sounds really critical- I know I'm hardly one to give advice about this stuff because I'm really struggling with stuff too.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:48 AM
Libby2 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

I wasn't recommending ANYTHING of the sort....each meal is merely broken in half...if you combined 2 of them together they would be complete...IMO, the difference in an hour and a half, is no different, and your body truly knows no difference...I've done this regime in the past, recovering from an eating disorder, as **recommended** by my physician at that time (going back 10yrs or so). The purpose is not so much for any b.b'ing rationale, but more so to get the girl in the habit of EATING!! And then to get the metabolism working again...it's not a long term fix, merely a short term...As for EFA's and such that's up to her to implement.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:25 PM
Relinquished should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Thank you everyone for all the feedback. As for cardio I only do it 3x a week, and it's HIIT, for about 10-15 mins. I lift 5x a week. I have been eating more cottage cheese and trying to eat natty PB with some fruit. It's working out okay, but I feel really full after eating half an apple and 1/2 cup oatmeal. I feel full for 3-4 hours.. I assume I should still try to eat 2 hours after I finish that meal ?
Bodyfat: 15.8%
Old 10-22-2003, 07:41 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

[ QUOTE ]
Venom has a great article about nutrient density in the magazine this month!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Study this article.

[ QUOTE ]
It's working out okay, but I feel really full after eating half an apple and 1/2 cup oatmeal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both have low calorie densities, and are very fibrous (study the 2 fiber articles in the nution section). Read this, Nutrient Density Explored

[ QUOTE ]
I assume I should still try to eat 2 hours after I finish that meal ?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would help. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:15 AM
Fireproof should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
I think at 110lbs you are seriously underweight. The fact you are also losing weight rapidly is worrying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful here - have you even seen her? How can you say she's "seriously underweight"? My wife is 5'4" and about 110 and she looks fantastic. And does she have bodyFAT to lose? Yes she does - she's certainly not as ripped as fitness competitors...so she does have some fat to lose to lean up. Is she "overweight"? No, but that's different than someone trying to lose FAT. Does she look too skinny? Heck no - she has great, shapely proportions. She's just a petite flower. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But she does have nice muscles - just some of her definition is covered up in a few places.

Now, I do agree that the above diet is probably too little in calories...and the right ratios of macronutrients. Your body is probably feeling starved from the right foods and is preparing for possible famine by hanging on to the last bit of fat you have. If you want to lose that fat and get leaner - eat more!! But learn the right way to eat so you feed your body well. Then I bet it'll respond.
Old 10-23-2003, 07:40 AM
MusicJennifer should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Guess I got here late. Fireproof, great response. RElinquished, eat more..you WILL in time get used to it. Once you notice the changes, you'll see. You have to give it the proper time though. You have to eat the way you've been just told and stick to it. Give it a few weeks and watch the mirror for results [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2003, 08:47 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

OK OK I'm sorry [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm going on body mass index-type ideas, which would suggest that 110lbs is underweight for that height. certainly if the person is lifting weights and trying to build a nice body then eating more and aiming to put on WEIGHT (ie muscle) but cut FAT might be a good goal.
Being in starvation is never going to build anything.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:05 AM
Relinquished should change his/her status!
Lightweight

My BMI Is 19. I'm going for a job interview today, so if I get the job, I can finally buy my groceries (cottage cheese here I come! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] ) And then I can slowly start to build in more meals of better stuff. I will check out the article, and check out the online journals. Thanks you guys, for all the support and help. You guys are the best [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Bodyfat: 15.8%
Closed Thread