Body Fat - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 10:10 AM
Relinquished should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Body Fat

Hey there, I haven't been around in a little while. It's nice to be back. I am trying to lose bodyfat. I have one problem though.. I can't eat more than 1000-1200 calories a day, and even at 1000 calories I have to force myself to eat more. I'm never really hungry anymore. I'm not sure what to do..I've lost 2 pounds in the past week and a half and I know some of it is probably muscle [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Stats are:

Height: 5'3
Weight: 110 pounds
Bodyfat: 15.8%
Old 10-20-2003, 10:18 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: Body Fat

it takes time to get the right amount calories into 6-8 meals per day when your not used to it. if your not hungry your metabolism is probably a little sluggish. when your metabolism increases, you will feel hungrier more often.

are you eating every 2-3 hours?

what are you eating?

how many calories are you aiming to reach every day?

Old 10-20-2003, 10:30 AM
Lightweight

I eat every 2-3 hours. I usually eat 1/2 cup oatmeal and 4 eggs (1 whole egg and 3 whites) for breakfast. For lunch.. usually tuna, or chicken and salad. Dinner is the same, and 2 protein shakes daily. One after I workout and one in the afternoon, even though I should down one before I workout. I hate eating in the mornings, I am never really hungry. As for calories, I think I should be eating around 1400 or 1500.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:05 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Hey, Relinquished! It is great to see you back! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Perhaps it would help you to concentrate on the density of the foods you are consuming. That way, you would not feel like you were eating a ton of food, but you would get more calories. Venom has a great article about nutrient density in the magazine this month! Another thing is that sometimes you just have to eat, whether you hate it or not, whether you are hungry or not. Sometimes when I am bulking I still feel full by the time my next meal comes around, but I just eat it anyway because I know that it will help me to accomplish my goals. My hunger really picks up when I am constantly feeding myself like that, so I think that if you just give it a bit of time, your metabolism and hunger will pick up just like Soccerchick said. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 10-20-2003, 11:06 AM
Fireproof should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

It doesn't look to me like you are eating every 2-3 hours. If your first meal is 7am, and you ate every 3 hours, your schedule would be something like: 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, and 10pm for your bedtime meal. That's 6 meals. Eat 250 calories at each meal, and that's 1500 calories!!

250 calories is easy to get in. Here are some examples:
- your breakfast as described
- a tuna sandwich
- a natural peanut butter sandwich
- lean meat (chicken, fish, steak) and a sweet potato

Browse other people's journals for meal ideas if you are having problems being creative.

Also, based on the timing of your workout, one of the above meals can be your PWO shake. If not, that's an additional 300 or so calories you'll be taking in...

Try recording everything you eat for a couple days and post it here for critiques.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:18 AM
Lightweight

Thank you Tuf and Fireproof [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I will record what I eat and workout times for the next few days, and post it. I'll be flipping through the journals to get ideas. Thanks again [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2003, 11:23 AM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

With only 110lb you should actually focus more on building muscle, than being worried about losing fat. The thing is that losing fat will come as a consequence, but at 110lb you are pretty low already. Yes, you need to eat if you want to burn that fat. Otherwise, your body will assume you are starving and will hold the fat for survival. Got the idea?

You need to add good fats in your diet. Try natural peanut butter as FP suggested. Add green salads and EFA oils like olive oil, flaxseed, safflower or fish oil.

Also add greens like brocolli, beans, asparagus, zuchini, etc in your diet. Greens have good density and add fiber. Being that low in weight you can add starchy carbs most during the day and work out hard. Try oatmeal, sweet potato and beans.

Your post workout shake should be one according to the Window of Opportunity. Check the nutrition tab. Do some reading in the journals (Tuf's is a good example) and post a revised diet for more comments. Good luck [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2003, 10:40 PM
Libby2 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
I am trying to lose bodyfat. I have one problem though.. I can't eat more than 1000-1200 calories a day, and even at 1000 calories I have to force myself to eat more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, how've you been?

How hard are you training? 'Cause if it's too hard you get in trouble with female athlete triad syndorme, where you train too hard, don't rest or eat enough and your menstrual cycle go beserk as well. Depression and eating disorders are common as well. I only bring this up because of a P.M you sent me about a month back...alarms go off in my head when I hear " trying to lose b.fat..." and "......CAN'T eat more than..." What's this "can't" business? Is it can't or simply won't??
Old 10-21-2003, 08:40 PM
Lightweight

Hey Libby [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I've been ok.

I can't eat more than that. I feel absolutely gross if I eat more. I've tried adding more, like natural PB. Even lately it's hard for me to down oatmeal. I don't know whats up with my body. I train hard, but I allow myself rest days.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:05 PM
Libby2 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

I wonder, if maybe you try breaking your meals down into micro meals......you'll be almost constantly, break your meals in half and eat every 1.5hrs.
ie) 6:00am oatmeal +natty p.b
7-7:30ish 6 eggwhites
9:00am protein shake
10:30 banana, or fruit of some sort
12:00 1/2can tuna w/ salad
1:30is other half of tuna and salad
3:00 shake
4:30 1/2 protein w/ veggies
6:00 other 1/2 protein serving and veggies
7:30 cottage cheese (normal sized serving)
**this is only an example use foods YOU like, and portion sizes you can handle. You've got train your system to want more. the more often you eat, the higher your metabolism will be revving! Hopefully this will help ya chickie!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]