Body fat loss - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 09:16 AM
ALD4168 should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Body fat loss

I don't know what to do. I'm losing body fat (WooHoo!), but it's coming mainly from the upper half of my body (from the waist up). I went shopping this weekend and I'm able to fit into size small shirts that are about a size 4-6 (I was an 8 about 1-2 months ago), but I'm still pretty much needing a size 8 pants. My measurements on the bottom haven't changed at all while up top I've lost inches everywhere and even though I don't get my bodyfat tested until next week, it's pretty obvious that I haven't lost much in the bottom half. I'm cutting right now, but I'm afraid to cut anymore because I don't want to lose anymore up top. I'm getting to the point where if I didn't have muscle I'd be looking pretty bony up top. What should I do? FYI I'm doing the BFL Challenge, so I'm following their workout and food plans.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:31 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: Body fat loss

my body loses fat from the top down. unfortunately your body will not lose fat where you need to lose it the most until the very end. for most women the usual problem area of legs will be the last place fat comes off.

the first place it goes on is the last place it comes off.

just keep working hard and eventually it will come off. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2003, 11:10 AM
KCFitness should change his/her status!

Default Re: Body fat loss

I recently read an article in Muscle Fitness for Her about the different body types of women. I have the same problem as you and the article states that for folks like us we need to bump cardio up even more so than the other body types. Interval training is going to work the best for us as it works the system the hardest. We need to hit it hard 2-3 times a week. For instance if you are into the treadmill you would do 1 min. hard run/steep incline with a 1 min easy run. The same rule applies for any type of cardio, hit it hard 1 min on and 1 min off. I run outside 3x a week, 3 miles each time. I sprint hills at full blast or take my jump rope along and do some jumping or pushups & then back to running. If you continue to lift and work your upper body then you shouldn't have any problems in that area. I too worry about that but lift even harder to keep the muscle up in that area.

Good luck and don't forget abour reducing your carb consumption. You need to ask yourself honestly how many you are consuming in a day's time.

KC [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]