Am I missing something?? - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 10:44 PM
ZachE84 is stretching 24/7.
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: Am I missing something??

lol, you should be proud. Like others said, they are just jealous.

I know what you mean, I take 3 meals with me to college, and while others are chowing down on pizza and burgers, Im eating my chiken and rice, tuna on whole wheat with some veggies, etc. I eat a full meal every 2 hours, kinda makes me late to class, but oh well [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

My school mates have given my the nickname Fatty Fatterson (mind you im 5'10", 174, with 8% BF), makes me hella proud everytime I hear it =]

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

Eat, Sleep, Train!
Old 10-17-2003, 10:53 PM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
People think that sinse they don't have what it takes to bodybuild, something must be seriously wrong with those who do. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Twisted psychology, but then our world is made up of myths a large part of the time. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
And people actually think they have the "right" to tell you how to live your life and recommend that "too much exercise" is not healthy [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I get told that I shouldn't exercise more than 3 times a week especially when I'm so sore already. (!!!) I thought that 3 times a week is the minimum!

Only the other day, I was loading my creatine during lunch and a colleague asked me what that was. I simply replied that it was some supplement. Others, I tell them it's protein powder. I betcha they all think I'm taking roids! LOL! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Especially when I'm bigger than them all. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 10-17-2003, 11:25 PM
Adam Knowlden should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

I hope this helps you feel better!

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magaz...rputupwith.htm
Old 10-20-2003, 04:44 PM
Frenchie should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
I hope this helps you feel better!

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magaz...rputupwith.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

"Although others may ask why, you'll never be able to explain adequately. Only someone else with the same passion would understand"

Old 10-20-2003, 05:47 PM
kiwi girl 1 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Hey Frenchie - I agree - responses from others are often intriguing !

Having just returned from my weekend out of town with other BB'ers to watch a BB competition, it was nice to spend a weekend with "like minded" weirdos.

Upon reflection:

1. We were all carrying our chilly bins.

2. We all needed to know the day's schedule, so we could plan how many meals to take with us, and there was concern if you had gone for three hours and not eaten.

3. Kitchen facilities with a microwave in a motel room, ranked more highly in the appliance stakes than number of TV channels.

4. The placed reeked of tuna, and no one cared - we were all eating the stuff.

5. People got up early to fit in some cardio or weights before the day got going.

6. People with fast food in the audience were in the minority. Most people in the audience had little plastic bags of carrot and celery sticks to chew on, rice cakes, cold chicken or tuna to eat if they felt the urge.

7. Girls wore tight teeshirts to show off their hard earned biceps and triceps - and guys (and other girls) respected that and complimented them on their muscles.

Old 10-20-2003, 06:23 PM
goldmill should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And people actually think they have the "right" to tell you how to live your life and recommend that "too much exercise" is not healthy [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I have a friend at work who wanted to go to the movies the other day. All of the sudden she got free tickets. I already had plans to workout so I refused to go. So, she got all mad and said I was obssessive and I didn't have a life [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Haha... I do have a life and a very good one, I said. My life is committed to be healthy and not let anyone think they have the right to change my plans just because.

lol... I guess I'm a weirdo too [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am shocked that she would say that! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] How pathetic. So you didn't want to go to a movie because you have other plans, it is none of her business to pass judgment like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Happened to me before as well. Just like I hear a lot of flak because when we go to the movies I usually bring a protein bar or something to eat instead of buying a tub of popcorn or nachos.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:38 PM
Frenchie should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Frenchie - I agree - responses from others are often intriguing !

Having just returned from my weekend out of town with other BB'ers to watch a BB competition, it was nice to spend a weekend with "like minded" weirdos.

Upon reflection:

1. We were all carrying our chilly bins.

2. We all needed to know the day's schedule, so we could plan how many meals to take with us, and there was concern if you had gone for three hours and not eaten.

3. Kitchen facilities with a microwave in a motel room, ranked more highly in the appliance stakes than number of TV channels.

4. The placed reeked of tuna, and no one cared - we were all eating the stuff.

5. People got up early to fit in some cardio or weights before the day got going.

6. People with fast food in the audience were in the minority. Most people in the audience had little plastic bags of carrot and celery sticks to chew on, rice cakes, cold chicken or tuna to eat if they felt the urge.

7. Girls wore tight teeshirts to show off their hard earned biceps and triceps - and guys (and other girls) respected that and complimented them on their muscles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Looks like a perfect world to me!

It actually reminds me of another post in the humor section:
If BBers Ruled the World! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

"Although others may ask why, you'll never be able to explain adequately. Only someone else with the same passion would understand"

Old 10-22-2003, 07:25 AM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

the other night i was referred to as "anorexic looking". but this is only because i work in an office that has quite a lot of overweight individuals.

it's so rude to walk up to someone and tell them how to eat and live. you shouldn't do it to bodybuilders and you shouldn't do it to those who are overweight.
Closed Thread