Am I missing something?? - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 03:16 PM
Frenchie should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Am I missing something??

[ QUOTE ]
You go girl!! When I grow up, I want to be just like you! I guess I’m on my way to being WEIRD too! You keep being that true example to us beginners!

Lisa

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Lisa!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Welcome to the weird world!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Although others may ask why, you'll never be able to explain adequately. Only someone else with the same passion would understand"

Old 10-17-2003, 04:58 PM
MusicJennifer should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Wow, I just read this and am smiling from ear to ear. Great rant. I think it is total non-understanding. Those are the people that tell you they eat 3 square meals a day and they can't help the fact that they're fat. What they didn't mention is that meal one was a dohnut, meal two was a huge sandwich loaded with mayo, and meal 3 was a sensible chicken breast(doused in sauce) and broccoli (doused in butter and salt) I LOVE BEING WEIRD AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE!
Old 10-17-2003, 05:22 PM
KCFitness should change his/her status!

You go girl! What a wonderful rant and what a great topic to discuss. I too am a weirdo right along with the rest of you and proud to be one at that. I work in an office full of men and women who go out every day to lunch to eat burgers, fries and God knows what else. I stay at my desk and eat my cottage cheese, tuna and water, fruits and veggies all the time smiling to myself knowing that I am happy taking my lunch hour to do great things for my body, mind and spirit by eating good and then hitting the gym to lift. If I walk into the lunch room or meeting room people will shuffle about or try to hide the crap they are eating or get this one girl was shoving mini chocolate bars into her mouth and at the same time trying to tell me how she read an article on how healthy chocolate was especially if it had nuts in it. I just smiled and sat down. I don't even bother to discuss anything or acknowledge these people. I cannot stand the fact that society is trying to make it OK to be obese, they are conjuring up every stupid thought they can to justify the fact that people are looking for an easy way out of a healthy lifestyle. They need to get motivated and leave us alone who want to lead a healthy lifestyle. It's a struggle to be a healthy person anymore!

I saw the news on a new steroid today about how it's supposed to be one that you can "sneak" into you body and the bloodtests can't tell you are doing it. Big controversy right now over that one as they are coming up on the olympics in two years.

Stand strong and proud ladies we are the few, the strong and the healthy!

KC
Old 10-17-2003, 05:41 PM
MusicJennifer should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

KC, you got the right idea [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2003, 05:44 PM
hardgaingirl1 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Awesome rant Frenchie! I think we can all totally relate. Last year in college i felt like i had to hide my "weirdness" because of what others might think (ate by myself, hid my "weird" foods, etc) but i stopped this year. I just let people who ask know. I explain to them why i eat what i eat and why i go to the gym everyday, and you know what i found out? People respect that! The girls who live on my floor know that i wake up at 5:40 in the morning to go to the gym... and they congratulate me. I warned my roommate from day one that i was a fitness freak and that i eat "weird" foods and she respects that. She has never commented once about the creatine, protein shakes, the meals every 2 hours, the cottage cheese and nat. pb at night, etc. And just last night a girl was telling me how great it was that i got up to workout and how she wishes she could do that too... so she might be comming to the gym w/ me in the near future! The only problem i have now is trying to get guys to accept it... i feel like sometimes they look at me funny, and i'm a little self concious in the gym b/c i'm usually the only girl in the weight room. I'm working on that though!

Keep up the good work guys! I like being "weird" it makes me feel good about myself. Maybe others will catch on and soon follow our lead!
Old 10-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Wuzzy should change his/her status!
Stranger

Frenchie, big ups to ya girl! A friend of mine had the gastric bypass surgery about 13 months ago. I'm sorry if this offends anyone but I have no respect for people who get that surgery when its not necessary plus they'll learn alot more in educating themselves about proper nutrition and exercise doing it the natural way. She only weighed 260 pounds. She could've taken that weight off herself with the right tools and knowledge. Granted she exercises more now but she had already started exercising when she was thinking about the surgery. She could've lost the 100 pounds she's lost without going through the surgery. Now she's crying about the excess skin and is looking into fixing that. <sigh>

Wuzzy
Old 10-17-2003, 08:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE** should change his/her status! Edit

Default Post deleted by .

Old 10-17-2003, 09:33 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

And people actually think they have the "right" to tell you how to live your life and recommend that "too much exercise" is not healthy [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I have a friend at work who wanted to go to the movies the other day. All of the sudden she got free tickets. I already had plans to workout so I refused to go. So, she got all mad and said I was obssessive and I didn't have a life [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Haha... I do have a life and a very good one, I said. My life is committed to be healthy and not let anyone think they have the right to change my plans just because.

lol... I guess I'm a weirdo too [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2003, 09:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE** should change his/her status! Edit

Default Post deleted by .

Old 10-17-2003, 09:57 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

I know. I feel compasion for her. Her ignorance blinds her in many areas. Not to mention she's overweight and her eating and exercising habits suck. About two months ago it was her birthday (27) and she was crying because she didn't like the way she looks like. Plus the unfortunate fact that most people who see us together think I'm younger [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] So, when she judged me I got mad and just said I rathered to exercise now to look pretty in my next birthday. I know... I was mean [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I guess I need to learn to be "politically correct" [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Closed Thread