I need all the help you can give me!!! - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 05:47 PM
Jenn should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: I need all the help you can give me!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Method I - Method one for finding ones maintenance calories is to simply multiply your current body weight by the following numbers:

12-14 if your metabolism is slow
15 if you have an average metabolism
16-18 if you have a fast to super fast metabolism

For example, if you weigh 200 pounds and have an average metabolism, general maintenance for you would be 3, 000 calories. 200 x 15 = 3, 000 You can see how this can vary for many individuals, but it may give you a broader base of where you are at. If you have a super fast metabolism multiply this times 18. If you have a slower metabolism multiply your weight by 12-14, depending on how slow it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bear in mind this is maintenance calories. When I was losing I used 14 x my goal weight.

Check out this web site..http://www.bodyforlife.com/nutrition.shtml
http://www.bodyforlife.com/train_women.shtml

Jenn's Journal
Old 10-17-2003, 07:11 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: I need all the help you can give me!!!

From the website:
[ QUOTE ]
7. Don’t eat right before or right after you train. If you can, work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for maximum fat burning. Also, waiting an hour to eat after a workout may be an effective strategy for increasing the residual fat-burning effects of exercise. EAS also recommends to avoid eating right before going to bed. This strategy has also been shown to stimulate muscle-protein synthesis and muscle growth

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say read the articles of nutrition here. Research about this. Make a search in the forums about training on an empty stomach (which is a NO-NO for most of us here) as well as the pre-bed meal.

I'm not saying the article is bad, but I don't agree with that particular rule quoted.
Closed Thread