I need all the help you can give me!!! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 02:44 PM
Queen Maati should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default I need all the help you can give me!!!

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this and desire as much help as possible. I have 71 pounds to loose to be healthy. Currently I weigh 226 pounds. Two yeas ago I got down to 182 and wore a size 12 cloths size I felt wonderful. At that time I had my bunion removed and was not able to work out as I did before. Now I am starting out again, but this time I would love to focus on bodybuilding. I found that even though I weighed 182 I was very toned. What I am asking you all is if bodybuilding is going to be my main focus; what should I do? Where should I start? My profile is listed below:

Female:
Weight: 226 (Largest weight 290)
Height: 5 7

Thank you in advance for all you help.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:02 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: I need all the help you can give me!!!

Hello Maati,
Welcome to abc [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] This is a great way to get back in shape. Take your time to browse the articles and forums, you'll be amazed of all the great information you'll get here, which is very supportive to achieve your goals.

Well, let me tell you I also had my bunions (both feet) removed this year, and my birthday is within two months. So, there we have something in common [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Answering your questions:
[ QUOTE ]
I am new to this and desire as much help as possible. I have 71 pounds to loose to be healthy. Currently I weigh 226 pounds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your goal is realistic and reachable, but will take some time. So my first advise is for you to keep that in mind and don't get desperate. Second, stop looking at the scale as a reference of improvement. You'll see there are some ladies in the forums who are very skinny but still their weight is just made of pure muscle [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]:

[ QUOTE ]
Now I am starting out again, but this time I would love to focus on bodybuilding. I found that even though I weighed 182 I was very toned. What I am asking you all is if bodybuilding is going to be my main focus; what should I do? Where should I start?

[/ QUOTE ]

The easiest for you to get some immediate advise is to post a sample of your typical meals in a day. Try to include the time for each meal. Also, mention any supplements you are taking right now.

Second, have you planned any split? If so, post it too.

OK, that's it for now. More after seeing your diet and split [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2003, 03:06 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

hello! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

depending on your level of workout experience i will point you to these 2 fat burning plans.

good for beginners...
12 week fat burning workout
12 week fat burning diet

good for those beyond the beginner stage...
13 week fat burning workout
13 week fat burning diet

its always good to keep in mind when trying to lose fat, that diet plays a key role in your success.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:14 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

^^ I agree with SC, diet is very important. A poor diet will bring no gains [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Read those links and plan a minimum of 6 meals per day.

Also, if you do cardio, choose HIIT over regular one. It works wonders to decrease body fat %
Old 10-15-2003, 03:14 PM
RicoCPA should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Read, read, read! This site is full of great resources.

Here are some good starting points from the Nutrition and Workout tabs:

How to analyze yourself as a bodybuilder
Self Assessment Sheet
13-Week Hardcore Fat Burning Diet
13-Week Hardcore Fat Burning Workout

These are some good things to get you started. Check out the other articles and programs on the site also.

PS - Welcome to ABC!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Weight: 184 lbs. (cutting, now)
BF%: 14.78% (as of 4/20/04)
Chest: 45" / Bicep: 15 1/2" / Forearm: 12 1/2" / Quad: 24" / Calf 16" (As of 2/5/04)
"Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for ALL!!"
Old 10-15-2003, 03:29 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

here's something else that should help you! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
GENERAL CUTTING GUIDELINES:

1. Eat every 2-3 hours, balanced meals of protein, carbs, fat. Exception: you don't necesarily have to eat carbs for your last meal or two of the day, you CAN just eat protein and fat. Unless it's post workout, then you NEED to eat some carbs.

2. Try to keep the protein intake in each of your meals consistent. Eat a minimum of your bodyweight in grams of protein, divided up equally into each of your meals.

3. Don't be afraid of fat, you NEED fat in order to BURN fat. You need to turn your body into a fat burning machine. In order to do this, you keep your carbs fairly low and your fat intake moderate. As in, the lower your carbs, the more fat you should be consuming.

4. Avoid sugars like the plague. Read your labels, avoid food with sugar listed in the ingredients.

5. Avoid processed foods, like those in boxes/packages and also anything made with white flour. White flour is overprocessed. Also anything that says, "enriched" avoid it as well.

6. Eat as close to nature as you can. In other words, the closer the food to how it occurs in nature, the better for you it is, and ESPECIALLY for fat burning.

7. Avoid starchy carbs like corn, bread, pasta.

8. For your last meal or two of the day, have only green veggies for your carbohydrates.

9. Last but not least, do NOT cut your calories too low. For starters I wouldn't even drop ANY calories. I would eat maintenance calories and just focus on cleaning up your diet and getting consistent with a good macronutrient ratio (protein, carbs, fat). Examples of good cutting ratios are: 40P/30C/30F, 40P/25C/35F, or 40P/20C/40F (of course there ARE others, those are just MY personal preferences).

10. A good website (free) to help you keep track of your calories, protein, carbs, and fat is: www.fitday.com

Here are some good choices for foods to eat, conducive to burning fat and/or staying lean. If the food you are eating is not on this list, I would question it.

PROTEINS

Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
Tuna (water packed)
Fish (salmon, seabass, halibut)
Shrimp
Extra Lean Ground Beef or Ground Round (92-96%)
Venison
Buffalo
Ostrich
Protein Powder
Egg Whites or Whole Eggs
Ribeye Steaks or Roast
Top Round Steaks or Roast (aka Stew Meat, London Broil, Stir Fry)
Top Sirloin (aka Sirloin Top Butt)
Beef Tenderloin (aka Filet, Filet Mignon)
Top Loin (NY Strip Steak)
Flank Steak (Sir Fry, Fajita)
Eye of Round (Cube Meat, Stew Meat, Bottom Round , 96% LeandGround Round)
Ground turkey, Turkey Breast Slices or cutlets (fresh meat, not deli cuts)
Soy Burgers
Low-fat cottage cheese

SLOW BURNING/COMPLEX CARBS

Oatmeal (Old Fashioned or Quick Oats)
Sweet Potatoes (Yams)
Beans (pinto, black, kidney)
Oat Bran Cereal
Rye Cereal
Brown Rice
Farina (Cream of Wheat)
Multigrain Hot Cereal
Whole wheat or Spinach Pasta
100% Stoneground Whole Wheat Bread

FIBROUS CARBS

Green Leafy Lettuce (Green Leaf, Red, Leaf, Romaine)
Broccoli
Asparagus
String Beans
Okra
Spinach
Bell Peppers
Brussel Sprouts
Cauliflower
Cabbage
Celery
Cucumber
Eggplant
Green or Red Pepper
Onions
Pumpkin
Garlic
Tomatoes
Zucchini

FRUIT

Apples
Grapefruit
Peaches
Strawberries
Blueberries
Raspberries
Lemons or Limes

HEALTHY FATS

Natural Peanut Butter
Olive Oil or Safflower Oil
Nuts (peanuts, almonds)
Flaxseed Oil

BEVARAGES

Crystal Light
Green Tea
Other Tea (without sugar)
Coffee (without sugar)

CONDIMENTS

Mayonnaise
Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
Reduced Sodium Teriyaki Sauce
Balsamic Vinegar
Salsa
Hot Peppers and Hot Sauce
Chili powder
Mrs. Dash
Steak Sauce
Sugar Free Maple Syrup
Chili Paste
Mustard
Extracts (vanilla, almond, etc )
Low Sodium beef or chicken broth
Plain or reduced sodium tomatoes sauce, puree, paste)
Stevia (natural sweetener)

GENERAL TRAINING GUIDELINES

1. Always start with big muscle groups first. Always do chest before triceps and shoulders, always do back before biceps.

2. Work each bodypart once per week with the exception of abs and calves, you can work them 2-3 times per week if you'd like.

3. For big muscle groups, generally do 3-4 exercises per part, 3-4 sets per exercise.

4. For smaller muscle groups, do 2-3 exercises per part, 2-3 sets per exercise.

5. Work each muscle group to failure on each set with the exception of warm-up sets. Pick a weight where you cannot physically lift it more than 12 reps. Lift the weight til you can't lift it anymore (for 12 reps or less).

6. Take 1-3 minutes rest between each set of 6-12 reps.

7. Make up your training split based on how many days per week you can go to the gym and how long you want to spend there. Personally, I wouldn't try to do more than 2 bodyparts per session if you can help it. Reason is cause it's very difficult to maintain your intensity for more than two bodyparts. If you are really giving it all you got, you'll find it quite difficult to still have the energy to train that third bodypart.

8. Never do cardio before lifting weights, ALWAYS do cardio AFTER weight training and PREFERABLY on a separate day altogether.

9. Don't overdo it on the cardio, cardio is WAY overrated in terms of burning fat. DIET and weight training (muscle) is what's gonna burn the fat for you. For starters, I'd only do cardio twice a week for no more than 30 min and I recommend high intensity interval training if you're up to it. H.I.I.T. is explained in the "workouts" section I believe, blue tab at top.

NOTE: If you are a total beginner and have not mastered the proper lifting techniques/forms yet, I would NOT advise starting with heavy weights but rather a weight you can lift in the 12-15 rep range until you have mastered the proper form, to avoid injury.

For different weight training exercises to do, see the blue tab at the top of the page labeled "exercises". Each exercise has its own description along with an animated illustration to show you how to perform the exercise properly.

EXAMPLE OF A TRAINING SPLIT

Monday - back & abs
Tuesday - chest & shoulders
Wednesday - cardio
Thursday - legs, calves
Friday - arms
Saturday - off
Sunday - cardio

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-15-2003, 03:58 PM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

I am glad you joined us! Welcome to the boards! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 10-15-2003, 04:02 PM
Queen Maati should change his/her status!
Stranger

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

You all are so wonderful!!!

What I am going to do is write down everything that I had today to eat; and post it in the morning.
It such a blessing to have come upon this website today. I always say nothing by chance!

I am looking forward to growing in knowledge as well as meeting new people that share the same interest.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:10 PM
RicoCPA should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Also you can log in the foods you eat at www.fitday.com and it will keep track of the calories, fat, carbs and protein content.
Weight: 184 lbs. (cutting, now)
BF%: 14.78% (as of 4/20/04)
Chest: 45" / Bicep: 15 1/2" / Forearm: 12 1/2" / Quad: 24" / Calf 16" (As of 2/5/04)
"Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for ALL!!"
Old 10-15-2003, 09:20 PM
Workout2001 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Queen Maati, welcome to ABC. Lots of great information, and great people.

Workout2001
Closed Thread