Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Syddles should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: Dearheart\'s Training Journal ~ Comments Welcome

[ QUOTE ]
I guess my "break-fast" was just a glass of OJ right before working out. Then after the workout I didn't have anything to eat immediately. I had a meal 45 min. after working out. Probably too long to wait after an intense workout. I've tried the PWO shake before and felt way too jittery. So a happy medium like what you do sounds like it will work for me too. I will definitely try the 4 oz of fruit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is definitely too long to wait. Also have some protein before your workout. That will feed your muscles and pull them out of the catabolic state they've been in overnight. You definitely will want protein wtih every meal. The OJ actually isn't too bad, but an actual orange is better (try to shoot for 15g to 20g of carbohydrates in your fruit or fruit juice). Just be sure you have something like oatmeal with it if it is a weight workout you will be doing.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the input! Tomorrow is pay day so I will be able to get some Udo's or flax oil. I've been using Kraft Ranch dressing with has no trans fats and some Omega 3 & 6, but the third ingredient is sugar so I'm not completely happy about that. But I think it's helping me to get some good fats in. And my body is responding already to the better eating. :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

That is great to hear about your body feeling better. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Let me know how the Udo's is, if you get that. I'm a little [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] about he Kraft Ranch Dressing, because of the sugar, but it's definitely better than nothing. You can try an olive oil and vinegar blend, too. That is very good. ^_^
Old 04-02-2004, 12:20 AM
dearheart should change his/her status!

[ QUOTE ]
[Let me know how the Udo's is, if you get that. I'm a little [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] about he Kraft Ranch Dressing, because of the sugar, but it's definitely better than nothing. You can try an olive oil and vinegar blend, too. That is very good. ^_^

[/ QUOTE ]

I've bought Udo's before and personally can't stand the taste as a dressing or anything. I've just done a shooter with some Crystal Light. The quicker I get it down the better. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 04-03-2004, 12:08 AM

Friday: Legs & Shoulders

swiss ball wall squat SS one leg wall squat 3 sets of 10
step ups 2 sets of 10 SS one set of hook lunges
swiss ball hamstring curl 10X hold 10 seconds... killer!
seated shoulder press: 2 drop sets, 2 reg sets
standing lateral raises: ditto
another shoulder one working the front delt.. can't remember the name of it right now

badd nutrition day... family made a trip to DQ for fries and ice cream.... very, very bad. :-(

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 04-03-2004, 12:17 AM
Syddles should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
I've bought Udo's before and personally can't stand the taste as a dressing or anything. I've just done a shooter with some Crystal Light. The quicker I get it down the better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. Here is a recipe Tuf mentioned in a thread in the reciple section, from http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forum...o=&fpart=1

[ QUOTE ]
When I put it in my food, I usually use Venom's recipe and put it on a salad with some apple cider vinegar and walnuts. Adding a bit of mustard and splenda to the oil and vinegar is good too.

[/ QUOTE ]

It entails flax seed oil, but I don't think there's any reason you can't use Udo's. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
badd nutrition day... family made a trip to DQ for fries and ice cream.... very, very bad. :-(

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh-oh! That's okay, we all have days like that. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Usually something like that will just make me that much more dedicated!
Old 04-03-2004, 08:41 PM

Saturday: 20 min HIIT 5 min warm up, 14 min 1:1, 1 min cool down

I added one more minute of high intensity... next time I plan to do 30 min HIIT. yeah! I'm improving.

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Closed Thread