Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 11:33 AM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Dearheart\'s Training Journal ~ Comments Welcome

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Paty, <font color="purple">Hi [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Thanks for the comments. I've made a note to myself about the lime juice and ZMA. I read the info on ZMA too. I'll have to check out the supplements I'm taking to see if it includes those elements or not. <font color="purple">ZMA (Zinc and Magnesium), must be taken alone 30 minutes before going to bed. You can buy ZMA at Sams (they have a good brand for a decent price) or ordering at various sites in the internet. </font>

There was a bit of critique when I posted my grocery list somewhere...can't remember which thread. Some things I know I can improve on is planning and just getting the meals done. that would be my biggest downfall. When I don't plan the day slips away on me and I excuse myself....
<font color="purple">It's hard at the beginning or having a tight schedule. What I do is to remind myself on the gains I've had by just making the effort to cook my food. That helps me. Also, what I do is to cook badges of food ahead of time. For example I cook 2-3 sweet potatoes at once and refrigerate them, I take them as I need them and just microwave to reheat. They usually stay good for a week. Same thing with chicken, I cook 3-4 breasts and refrigerate them. Make your meal plan on the weekends (or when you have a little more free time) and cook then. You'll see how easy to find more time to cook your food.</font>

here's a planned out day:

meal 1:
2/3 Cup (dry) large flake oatmeal
banana
<font color="purple">- Is this oatmeal kind of processed? Is this just pure oatmeal or is mixed with something? Check the label and see how many carbs and fiber per serving it has. I'm not familiar with it, so wonder how good is it in comparison to the traditional oats.
- Drop the banana. You'll get better results if you don't have any fruit at all.
- Add protein here and have it as soon as you wake up. You can opt for a whey protein shake (which is faster and easier to prepare), or poached egg-whites (2-3).
- Add EFA oils here (Omega 3, 6 or 9). 1/2 tspoon (about 60 cals) minimum.</font>

meal 2:
1 sourdough english muffin
1 large egg, scrambled
1 oz low fat cheddar cheese
<font color="purple">- Drop the muffin. If you have cravings for the bread choose whole-grain bread.
- Add 1 or 2 egg-whites
- Drop the cheese. Lactose makes you hold water
- You need to add leafy greens here. A big spinach or lettuce salad with Olive oil might work.</font>

meal 3:
chicken sandwich (WW bread, light mayo, mustard, low-fat cheese, roasted chicken)OR fat free turkey deli meat
carrots (aprox 3/4 cup)
apple
<font color="purple">- Drop the bread and replace with a sweet potatoe.
- Drop the mayo, is not good during a cut.
- Drop the cheese
- Replace the roasted chicken with a grilled chicken or turkey breast.
- Also any fat free food have added sugars. Choose low fat over fat free to help you in the water retention.
- Avoid any type of deli.
- Carrots OK. Drop the apple.
- Add EFA oils. </font>

meal 4:
1 C. cottage cheese
1-2 TB natty PB
1 C 1%milk (mixed as a shake)
<font color="purple">- Drop the milk.
- What shake is this? Protein shake? </font>

meal 5:
lean cut beef or chicken breast (stir-fry, oven baked or BBQed)
1 cup broccoli, asparagus, canned corn (sodium reduced)or zucchini
brown rice or ww pasta or couscous
<font color="purple">- Oven baked or grilled are good choices to cook meat/poultry/fish. Avoid the stir-fry and bbq
- Good choice of veggies
- Don't have any complex carbs this late of the day. You won't get any benefits but store fat. Complex carbs (like brown rice) must be eaten during the first part of the day (up to midday).
- Pasta is the worst you can have during a cut.
- Add EFA oils
</font>

meal 6:
1C cottage cheese
frozen unsweetened strawberries
splenda
water (mixed as a shake)
<font color="purple"> I guess this is your pre-bed meal.
- Drop the strawberries
- Again what is this shake?
- Need EFA oils and leafy greens here.
- The cottage cheese is good. </font>

I definitely see some things right away that I can improve on.... my protein intake is low...at least according to BRX standards..... <font color="purple">You are also missing fat (good fats like Omega 3, 6 and 9). EFA oils are your best ally to burn the bad fat. </font> looking at that menu it's about 100-110g protein and I'm supposed to be getting 140. <font color="purple"> Nope. You need 1.5 -2 times your body weight in grams per day. I know most of other methods say 1 gram of protein p/lb of body weight. That's for people in a more sedentary style. As you are lifting make sure to have a minimum of 1.2-1.5 g p/lb of body weight. </font> I had been using a protein powder, but the last few times I've taken it I've gotten real sick...kinda scared to try again. <font color="purple"> What brand is it? </font> i should add some whey powder to the oatmeal... just need to buy the stuff. <font color="purple"> Here are some good sites: www.dpsnutrition.com and www.1fast400.com Choose Optimun Nutrition 100% Whey. (check the ingredients and make sure you choose the one with NO fructose) </font>

And I need more veggies for fiber. it's the planning.... it's late and my mind is shutting down... I'll do some more thinking on this tomorrow and plan more...

thanks for keeping me accountable. I'm embarassed at my poor eating... good for me though. I said NO EXCUSES.... I've got to be honest. <font color="purple"> Don't be embarrased. We all start somewhere. The key is to progress [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] </font>

my fitday.com jounral is kind of hit and miss right now, but there is a link in my sig if you're interested.

thanks again! <font color="purple"> No problem. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple">Also: What are you having after you workout?
Have you read "The Window of Opportuniy" article?? If you haven't, do so. It's in the Nutrition section.

Read the article and post a revised diet to see how you adjusted and help you with your calories and macros. Yep... You'll need to start counting calores, grams of Protein, Carbs and Fat.

I've been in a cut for 9 weeks already. Feel free to check my journal if you need some ideas on how to organize your meals or what other options for food you have. There's some advise from Venom there that might help you with your diet. The link to my journal is in my signature. </font>
Old 11-06-2003, 01:33 AM
dearheart should change his/her status!

Tonight was back and triceps

I didn't reach failure this time [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] BUT I did increase the weight on each one quite a bit. I guess I needed to do even more. I am so suprised at how much I can lift!

deadlifts
60x6 warmup 90x6 96x6 96x6 (11 lb increase)
seated good mornings
80x6 80x6 80x6 (that's a 20 lb increase!)
one arm DB row
35x6 35x6 35x6
French Press
30x6 ditto ditto
Decline Extension
17.5x6 ditto ditto

I did a PWO shake... I don't know if I understood the concept right...

I have a protein powder mix so I used that and added regular sugar

Okay as to the nutrition side of things...

First - Large flake oatmeal is unprocessed, old fashioned oatmeal. nothing added to it ..100% rolled oats It's lower glycemic than quick oats.

that "shake" was simply 1 C Cottage cheese, 2 TB natty PB and 1% milk... put in a blender and mix.....

Okay, here's a menu.... I just copied it from my fitday entries...

Food Name Servings Cals Fat Carb Prot
Meal 1
Large Flake Oatmeal 0.66 cup 228 4 40 8
ProV60 0.5 serving 155 1 6 30
Flaxseed oil 1 tablespoon 120 14 0 0

Meal 2
Egg, whole, cooked, scrambled 2 large egg 203 15 3 14
Egg, white only, cooked 2 white 33 0 1 7
Salsa, red, cooked, not homemade 3 tablespoon 13 0 3 1
Mushrooms, raw 0.25 cup, pieces or slices 4 0 1 1
Broccoli, cooked, from fresh, fat not added in cooking 0.5 cup, flowerets 13 0 2 1

Meal 3
Carrots, raw 1 cup, strips or slices 52 0 12 1

Meal 4
Chicken, breast 133 3 0 25
Beans, black, 0.5 cup 114 0 20 8
Salsa, 13 0 3 1

Meal 5
ProV60 1 serving 310 3 12 60

Meal 6
Pork, tenderloin, braised 3 oz, 172 8 0 24
Asparagus 29 0 5 3

Meal 7 (PWO) and before bed.... not sure what to do with this one.
Cheese, cottage, lowfat (1-2% fat) 1 cup 164 2 6 28

Total Calories 1876 64 114 211

211g of protein is 1.5g of p/bodyweight

I'm taking metformin for PCOS.... I may need to keep my calories at 2000 b/c it lowers my blood sugar.... I'm pretty close to 2000 so we'll see how i do. I've tried cutting my calories before and end up very sick and dizzy...etc.... gotta go to bed! sleep is another thing I need more of!

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 11-06-2003, 08:07 AM
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't reach failure this time [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] BUT I did increase the weight on each one quite a bit. I guess I needed to do even more. I am so suprised at how much I can lift! <font color="red">It's great you are getting stronger [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Since you are doing 3 sets you can certainly increase your weight till failure and increase your gains. I noticed you are carrying the same weight in your three sets, so I would recommend ascending/descending combinations. Are you familiar with that? It's something like this, lets take the deadlifts as as example. First set 90lb x12, then increase the weight a little bit and do another set but shorter, ie 96 x 10; finally increase the weight again for the last set like this, 100 x 8. That way you pogress without guessing.

So, let's say you felt fine with 100lb during this round, next time you might want to start a little heavier ie 96x 12, 100x10 and 110 x 8. Another option, assuming you felt fine with 96lb but 100lb was a little harder, then you might want to try something like this 96x12, 96x10 and 100x8 or include a drop set like this, 96x12, 100x as much reps as you can go, let say you could only do 8, then go back to 96 and complete the 2 you need for 10. Got it? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] You'll be surprised how soon you can carry your heaviest weight just for warm up [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

deadlifts
60x6 warmup 90x6 96x6 96x6 (11 lb increase)
seated good mornings
80x6 80x6 80x6 (that's a 20 lb increase!)
one arm DB row
35x6 35x6 35x6
French Press
30x6 ditto ditto
Decline Extension
17.5x6 ditto ditto

I did a PWO shake... I don't know if I understood the concept right...

I have a protein powder mix so I used that and added regular sugar
<font color="red">This is fine just to start. As soon as you get your new whey protein, dextrose and maltodextrin, you'll make it perfect. Did you drink it immediately after you finished your workout? Did you drink it all at once or you sip it within the next 30-45 minutes as the article suggests? How did you feel? How long did you wait to have your next meal? </font>

Okay as to the nutrition side of things...

First - Large flake oatmeal is unprocessed, old fashioned oatmeal. nothing added to it ..100% rolled oats It's lower glycemic than quick oats.
<font color="red"> Great!! Then keep it for breakfast. </font>

that "shake" was simply 1 C Cottage cheese, 2 TB natty PB and 1% milk... put in a blender and mix.....
<font color="red">Oh, I see... I didn't understand it before. Sorry [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] This shake is not bad, depending what time of the day you have it. </font>

Okay, here's a menu.... I just copied it from my fitday entries...

Food Name Servings Cals Fat Carb Prot <font color="red"> Is there any way that next time you post your macros in Prot/Carb/Fat? Nothing bad with the order you are using, it's just easier to read macros in P/C/F for most of us here, cuz that the most used. </font>

Meal 1
Large Flake Oatmeal 0.66 cup 228 4 40 8
ProV60 0.5 serving 155 1 6 30
<font color="red"> What is that ProV60? It's way too high in calories. I guess you'll get the Optimum Whey later, so in the meantime it might be ok. Did you drink it as soon as you woke up? That avoids catabolism, you know? Have you read the 13 weeks of fat burning - the diet? If you haven't I recommend you to do it, regardless you are not following that program. It has very important tips on how to avoid catabolism (which promotes fat storage and burns muscle). You'll understand my comments better when you read it [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]</font>

Meal 2
Egg, whole, cooked, scrambled 2 large egg 203 15 3 14
Egg, white only, cooked 2 white 33 0 1 7
Salsa, red, cooked, not homemade 3 tablespoon 13 0 3 1
Mushrooms, raw 0.25 cup, pieces or slices 4 0 1 1
Broccoli, cooked, from fresh, fat not added in cooking 0.5 cup, flowerets 13 0 2 1
<font color="red">This meal looks a lot better than yesterday [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I however would increase 1 egg white and and decrease to 1 whole egg. The fats in the egg aren't good for you during a cut. If you need more fat here, add EFA oils. </font>

Meal 3
Carrots, raw 1 cup, strips or slices 52 0 12 1
<font color="red">You need more protein here. Either add a meat/poultry/fish source here or low fat cottage cheese. How did you like the flaxseed oil? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I personally prefer to take a zillion of caps to match 1 tspoon, but think people like you are too brave to have it directly [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>

Meal 4
Chicken, breast 133 3 0 25
Beans, black, 0.5 cup 114 0 20 8
Salsa, 13 0 3 1
<font color="red">What time is it when you have this meal? If it's after midday then don't have the beans this late. Beans are complex carbs and you'll get better benefit by having them in an earlier meal when you are more catabolic. This late will instead make to store fat [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] </font>

Meal 5
ProV60 1 serving 310 3 12 60
<font color="red"> I guess this is protein. If so, you need to add flaxseed oil here to improve the spare of protein. Add leafy greens here. </font>

Meal 6
Pork, tenderloin, braised 3 oz, 172 8 0 24
Asparagus 29 0 5 3
<font color="red">Good! Add EFA oils here, too. </font>

Meal 7 (PWO) and before bed.... not sure what to do with this one.
Cheese, cottage, lowfat (1-2% fat) 1 cup 164 2 6 28
<font color="red"> This one is good to start. Add EFA oils and leafy greens. </font>

Total Calories 1876 64 114 211
<font color="red"> What is your maintanance Calorie? Your current macros are 31% Prot / 24% Carb / 45% Fat. It's not bad. Let me know what is your maintanance ratio to help you better. Do you know how to do that? The method is explained in the 13 weeks of fat burning article. </font>

211g of protein is 1.5g of p/bodyweight <font color="red"> Good!</font>

I'm taking metformin for PCOS.... I may need to keep my calories at 2000 b/c it lowers my blood sugar.... <font color="red">Once you determine your maintainance calorie, it'll be easier to decide what to do. When do you notice your sugar goes lower? I'm confident this will improve as you increase the fat (as suggested above) and modify your PWO shake and your pre-bed meal. </font> I'm pretty close to 2000 so we'll see how i do. I've tried cutting my calories before and end up very sick and dizzy...etc.... <font color="red"> Read the article. A better solution is to cycle your carbs (not necessarily lower your cals). I'll help you with that later, we first need to stablish your maintainance and do the updates in your diet. Now, are you taking any of these supplements?: Multivitamin/multiminera caplet, vitamin C, calcium, chromium, CoEnzimy Q10 and ZMA. If not, then go shopping my friend because you need them.</font> gotta go to bed! sleep is another thing I need more of! <font color="red"> What do you mean? Are you having insomnia? Read the ZMA and the sleep articles (nutrition and workout sections). I recommend you to add ZMA to your diet. This is taken 30 minutes before going to bed and bassically makes you sleep deeper and get more energized for the next day. I started taking it this Tuesday and I'm loving it [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Some people had told me I wouldn't see results until the second week, so I guess it's going to get better and better.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Well, it seems you have some more reading to do [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm glad you took my previous advise and modified your diet. It looked a lot better and will help you to improve your results. Thanks.

For your next update, please include the time you are having each meal [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Finally, include your PWO shake when you display your meals. Those calories count. Bye </font>
Old 11-06-2003, 03:04 PM

Thanks again Patyal

Just to answer your questions... I still have some reading to do. I'm hoping to print a bunch off and take to the Ladies Retreat I'm going to this weekend... we'll see... I may want to spend the time journalling with God.... I love going to the hills and getting away like that. So refreshing!

Anyway... to the questions...

I drank the PWO aprox 30 min after my workout. I drank it all at once... I haven't read the article yet.... woa! Did I feel jittery! I put too much sugar in (calculated it wrong) I'll get it down yet. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if my workout was in the morning. I usually do my weight lifting after my son goes to bed... so I'm working out after 9 pm.... Can my PWO meal be my last meal of the day too?

The protein powder I have is Labrada proV 60. Nutritional Info

This morning I mixed in one scoop (30g protein) with my oatmeal. In a week or two (when budget allows) I hope to get some Optimum Whey....

The flaxseed oil is Udo's... I usually just do a shooter with Crystal Light... I've tried to use it as a salad dressing and just can't stomach the taste. I'd prefer to get it over with quick. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The black beans would be at noon.... okay for the cut off point?

As for my maintence ratio.... according to Method 1 = 1974 cals
according to Method 2 my BMR = 2129

now, by taking 1500mg of metformin a day I'm not sure how that plays into things. Even though my blood sugar is naturally okay, I need to take this to prevent cysts from growing. The last time my blood sugar was tested it was around 4 something.. which is low. The Dr. said my body would just need to learn to live on lower blood sugar. I have noticed an improvement in the way that I'm not crashing so much... if I eat every 2-3 hours.... I've been on metformin for about 4 months now so my body is adjusting.

I am going shopping today. This week the budget is tight so I may just have to wait a week or two to buy the supplements. Right now I'm taking a multivitamin, vitamin C, calcium, glycosamine (for my joints)
I will check out prices though and plan to get some soon.

Would 1 C ff cottage cheese (30g protein), 1 C 1% milk and the dextrose, malto... be okay for a PWO shake/pre bed meal?

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 11-06-2003, 04:00 PM
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks again Patyal

Just to answer your questions... I still have some reading to do. I'm hoping to print a bunch off and take to the Ladies Retreat I'm going to this weekend... we'll see... I may want to spend the time journalling with God.... I love going to the hills and getting away like that. So refreshing! <font color="blue">Sounds great!!! Put the Lord first and read during your free-time [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Have fun. </font>

Anyway... to the questions...

I drank the PWO aprox 30 min after my workout. I drank it all at once... I haven't read the article yet <font color="blue"> OK, while you read it do this: Drink 1/4 - 1/2 of the mix immediately after you finish your workout. Sip the rest within the next 30-45 minutes. Just FYI, we have a "window of opportunity" to feed our muscles and avoid catabolism (catabolism = store fat [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] ) within the 30-45 minutes after workout. There part of the title of the article.</font> .... woa! Did I feel jittery! I put too much sugar in (calculated it wrong) I'll get it down yet. <font color="blue">Yeah, while you are able to get your dextrose/malto, this will be pretty much a "guessing-mistake" thing. You must pay attention to this: If there's no enough sugar you might feel tired or sleepy 45 min - 1 hour after your workout. If you feel nausea or too excited, then it might be too much. </font> It probably wouldn't have been so bad if my workout was in the morning. I usually do my weight lifting after my son goes to bed... so I'm working out after 9 pm.... Can my PWO meal be my last meal of the day too? <font color="red">I don't think that would be optimal. See, the thing is that the whey and simple sugars will be digested within 45 minutes. So if you go to bed after just taking your PWO shake, your stomach will be empty and your body will starve = store fat during sleeping. I'm sure it must be hard to adjust your schedule, but try to make it in a way that you are able to eat 1 hour after you finished your PWO shake. </font>

The protein powder I have is Labrada proV 60. Nutritional Info
<font color="red">I checked it out. Well, it's not a bad protein mix, but girl... you are paying too much for this [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] You can buy 10lb of the ON for the price of a 3.5lb of this one!! </font>

This morning I mixed in one scoop (30g protein) with my oatmeal. In a week or two (when budget allows) I hope to get some Optimum Whey....

The flaxseed oil is Udo's... I usually just do a shooter with Crystal Light... I've tried to use it as a salad dressing and just can't stomach the taste. I'd prefer to get it over with quick. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] <font color="red"> Good luck with that [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] </font>

The black beans would be at noon.... okay for the cut off point? <font color="red"> Yes, that works better to burn fat. </font>

As for my maintence ratio.... according to Method 1 = 1974 cals
according to Method 2 my BMR = 2129

now, by taking 1500mg of metformin a day I'm not sure how that plays into things. Even though my blood sugar is naturally okay, I need to take this to prevent cysts from growing. The last time my blood sugar was tested it was around 4 something.. which is low. The Dr. said my body would just need to learn to live on lower blood sugar. I have noticed an improvement in the way that I'm not crashing so much... if I eat every 2-3 hours.... I've been on metformin for about 4 months now so my body is adjusting.
<font color="red"> Well, I'm sorry to hear you have this problem [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I don't know about this drug, though. However, considering your sugar levels are naturally fine I'm sure the diet will help you big time. </font>

I am going shopping today. This week the budget is tight so I may just have to wait a week or two to buy the supplements. Right now I'm taking a multivitamin, vitamin C, calcium, glycosamine (for my joints)
I will check out prices though and plan to get some soon. <font color="red">Once you have time to check the 13 weeks article, you'll have a better idea when to take all these different supplements for more advantage. </font>

Would 1 C ff cottage cheese (30g protein), 1 C 1% milk and the dextrose, malto... be okay for a PWO shake/pre bed meal?
<font color="red"> Nope. You need to have your PWO shake by itself, then about 30 min - 1 hour later your pre-bed meal. For pre-bed meal the cottage cheese is great, but drop the milk. Add EFA oils and a leafy green salad and you are all set to go to bed. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-21-2003, 03:47 PM

Well, I'm still around. I had a wonderful, wonderful time at the Ladies Retreat. The day after I got home I got sick with a cold... got over that for a couple days and then came down with strep throat or something... on meds now. I hope to kick this! I have been able to work out here and there on days I feel okay.... BUT I am still eating the right foods. I'm still on a dessert fast and that is going well. Even at the ladies retreat where there was tons of chocolate and cookies...etc. I did great!!

my weight is still going down. I weighed in at 139 lbs. Yippee! I want to get back to lifting asap so I don't lose lean mass instead of fat. Okay... gotta go.

BTW, I'm coming to CA for American Thanksgiving to visit my family. I'm so excited. We'll be travelling around a lot so I don't know when I'll see a gym, but we'll be in the mountains... oh I can hardly wait! Lots of walks in the woods. So refreshing to my soul! Anyway... so I won't be around this board very much. Hope to be back to it 100% soon! not eating the desserts are SO worth seeing the scale go down and my waist go down!!!!! discipline works.

okay.. gotta go

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 12-17-2003, 07:24 PM

On Monday I will begin a new program. My husband and I went to see a personal trainer today. She is setting up a fitness program for us. I'm so excited. It sounds like it will be a little bit every day....as she put it. 4 days of cardio on top of some weight training. She is working out the details today and I will go pick up the final "program" tomorrow. It will be broken into 4-6 week phases. I'm also excited to be seeing her because she is training for a competition herself and has put on 15 lbs of lean muscle mass since January. It's great to find someone who will be supporting me in this lifestyle. She was pretty excited that a woman wanted to lift heavy. :-) Another bonus is she goes to the same church.

As for my assesment.. since Sept. 15th I've lost 8.5 lbs and 1.4% body fat. I'm starting this program at 18.2% bf. Body Rx was a great introduction to weight lifting, but I'm looking forward to learning more. I've been thankful for this web site and the people here... It's also good for me to have that person to person contact.

Two quotes that have recently impacted me:

If you don't want fat ON your body, don't put fat IN your body.

Fat is not a feeling.

Wow!

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 12-22-2003, 12:54 PM

20 minutes of HIIT (4:1)on eliptical trainer
30 minutes yoga stretching

Chest and Abs this evening

BB Bench Press
warm-up: 40 lbsx15
rest
50x15
60x9(supposed to be 10 -reached failure)
65x1 (supposed to be 5)
rest
60x5
50x10
40x13
BB Incline Press
warm-up:30x15
rest
30x15
35x6
35x3
rest
35x5
30x10
20x10
DB Incline Flys
warm-up 5lbsx15
rest
5lbx15
7.5x10
10x3
rest
10x5
7.5x5
5x10
Push-up to fatigue
0 (regular)
3 (bent knee)
4(bent knee)
My husband I could not believe how exhausted we were from the exercises! This is for sure gonna shock our system -yikes!)
Crunches
3 sets of 10

Oblique crunches
3 sets of 10

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5