Dearheart's Training Journal ~ Comments Welcome - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 04:16 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Dearheart\'s Training Journal

Hey Dearheart, have you added any shocking methods yet? Those are great and have helped me to increase strength to move to a heavier weight. I highly recommend them to you.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:26 PM
dearheart should change his/her status!

Default Re: Dearheart\'s Training Journal

No, I haven't.. I'll do some reading on it. Thanks!

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 10-27-2003, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Dearheart\'s Training Journal ~ Comments Welcome

Tonight was Chest/Biceps

BB Bench Press
70x6 70x6 70x6
Incline BB Press
55x6 55x6 55x6
Incline DB Flys
22.5x6 22.5x6 22.5x6
DB Bicep Curl
22.5x5 22.5x4 22.5x4
DB Preacher Curl
17.5x6 17.5x4 17.5x3

Biceps seemed really weak today. Still not lifting heavy enough on the chest. I seem to under estimate myself. My shouldr kind of bugged me today so I begin to fear I'll hurt it again... gotta do more stretching and warm ups I guess.

I'm feeling a bit down with my weight and measurements. I've had to start birth control pills to treat my PCOS and I'm retaining water quite a bit. it's discouraging to see the measurements go back up after seeing them melt away. I realize now it was due alot to water... i went of one drug for 2 weeks... the measurements went down... I go on another drug and it comes right back. It's still better than when I started in Sept. Ugh! i will press on. Just 3 months of bcp.

One encouraging thing is that I am definitely stronger than the 1st time around on BRX. I'm glad I kept records of what I was lifting.... I am stronger!

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 10-28-2003, 02:54 PM

10 minutes of HIIT on Elliptical trainer
Increased tension (manual adjuster)
Cool!

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 11-01-2003, 11:31 PM

I hope this is okay, but my journal here has a lot to do with my emotions. My new quote reflects where I am at in a way. I am regretting squandering my time lately...not eating properly, not working out as I need to. It's about priorities. I am praying for the discipline to press forward. I broke through my plateau and gave myself permission to relax on my eating and workouts. i'm still hovering at the 144-145 lbs mark.... but that's unacceptable when I could weigh less right now if i had continued with the discipline.

I lost site of my goals. I lost site of my priorities. I wanted to fit into a dress I have for my husband's Christmas party (Dec. 6) I don't think it's possible anymore. I'm a size 12-14 and the dress is a size 8. To go down 3 dress sizes in a month... is that even possible.... doing it the healthy way?? Regret does weigh a ton.

I read something today about excuses.... excuses are rationalizations (ration lies) I tell myself why I failed this time. I have been doling out a lot of lies to myself.... is getting in shape really that important.. that's the biggest one. My dr. has told me three times now to get to my ideal weight. (I have aprox 15-2o lbs to go) When I confessed this to my husband he looked at me in surprise. To see his face woke me up to the lie I had believed. I was excusing myself. I have been selfish. While I have been enjoying candy and not eating 6 healthy meals and not working out I have been staying at a higher risk for heart disease, cancer and diabetes b/c of PCOS. Candy and desserts are not worth it. To see the look in my husband's eyes when I said, "how important is it really for me to get in shape?"... he knows the health risks.... it was the look of suprise and seriousness that I needed to see. I couldn't pretend anymore. It IS a PRIORITY for me to get healthy. It is a priority that I eat well, workout and drink lots of water. I'm not doing this for superficial reasons. I'm doing this for my health, for my husband, for my son.... I will embrace the pain of discipline because it only lasts a moment.... and the results will last a lifetime... I will last longer.... NO MORE EXCUSES. I have declared a fast from all candy and desserts for the month of November. (it was going to be until Thanksgiving.... but no, all of November.) Father God, help me.

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 11-02-2003, 07:51 PM

Well I was completely surpised at my measurements this morning. It's only been one full day of my renewed commitment and fast of no desserts. I went down .5" in my waist and hips! this is encouraging.

Chest/Bis tonight

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 11-03-2003, 12:32 AM

I did it! I went to failure on each exercise!

Chest/Bis

BB Press
2 sets of warm up 40x6
76x6, 76xfailure, ditto
Incline BB Press
60x6, 60x failure, ditto
Incline Db fly
22.5xfailure, ditto, ditto
DB curl
22.5xfailure, ditto, ditto
preacher curl
17.5xfailure, ditto, ditto

Now I have NAD...noodle arm disorder! It feels great!
[img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 11-04-2003, 12:19 PM

10 minutes of HIIT on elliptical trainer

My eating has been clean. My weight is down to 141 two days in a row! I'm going to break through that 140 mark.... then 135 then 130... etc!

Tonight I will be playing wallyball for a couple hours. I've never played this, but I guess it's similar to volleyball. Looking forward to it!

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 11-04-2003, 03:06 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Hello [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Your workouts keep looking good. A couple of advises:

Regarding water retention: I would recommend a natural diuretic like lime juice. Once per day. Just squeeze the lime juice in a glass of water. Another option is to have 1 cup of coffee 30 mins before you work out. Finally include ZMA in your diet. Read about it in the nutrition tab, that will also help to decrease water retention.

Now, I think that being as commited as you are in burning fat, you can still reduce your size dramatically. It's all in your diet and you have 4 weeks to take advantage.

Have we criticized you diet already? How about posting your typical full day meals and see how you can adjust for more progress?
Old 11-05-2003, 02:06 AM

Hi Paty,

Thanks for the comments. I've made a note to myself about the lime juice and ZMA. I read the info on ZMA too. I'll have to check out the supplements I'm taking to see if it includes those elements or not.

I tried on that dress I want to wear to the Christmas party and I could get away with right now, but it would look even better if it was a bit looser! I didn't realize I was so close!

There was a bit of critique when I posted my grocery list somewhere...can't remember which thread. Some things I know I can improve on is planning and just getting the meals done. that would be my biggest downfall. When I don't plan the day slips away on me and I excuse myself....

here's a planned out day:

meal 1:
2/3 Cup (dry) large flake oatmeal
banana

meal 2:
1 sourdough english muffin
1 large egg, scrambled
1 oz low fat cheddar cheese

meal 3:
chicken sandwich (WW bread, light mayo, mustard, low-fat cheese, roasted chicken)OR fat free turkey deli meat
carrots (aprox 3/4 cup)
apple

meal 4:
1 C. cottage cheese
1-2 TB natty PB
1 C 1%milk (mixed as a shake)
meal 5:
lean cut beef or chicken breast (stir-fry, oven baked or BBQed)
1 cup broccoli, asparagus, canned corn (sodium reduced)or zucchini
brown rice or ww pasta or couscous

meal 6:
1C cottage cheese
frozen unsweetened strawberries
splenda
water (mixed as a shake)

I definitely see some things right away that I can improve on.... my protein intake is low...at least according to BRX standards..... looking at that menu it's about 100-110g protein and I'm supposed to be getting 140. I had been using a protein powder, but the last few times I've taken it I've gotten real sick...kinda scared to try again. i should add some whey powder to the oatmeal... just need to buy the stuff.
And I need more veggies for fiber. it's the planning.... it's late and my mind is shutting down... I'll do some more thinking on this tomorrow and plan more...

thanks for keeping me accountable. I'm embarassed at my poor eating... good for me though. I said NO EXCUSES.... I've got to be honest.

my fitday.com jounral is kind of hit and miss right now, but there is a link in my sig if you're interested.

thanks again!

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Closed Thread