Why do men.... - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Irongirl should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Re: Why do men....

lol..i have to tell you - you have all made my day. Just a little support goes a long way - deep in me I know that I should have just let his comments roll off my back - but sheezzz....what a thing to hear at 4:30 in the morning!
Thanks for the chin-up - I appreciate it - tomorrow I am going to bust butt on the weights - put my head phones on - and just go to it -
Old 10-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Cherie should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I think you need to look at it different. I agree, he is nr 1 potatoe head where it comes to finer feelings...........but........... he sees you as you are NOW, not rolly polly from before. In his uncouth way, he maybe telling you, you have LOTS more potential!! He does not know your knowledge, what you already know, he sees a body thats in the making. He thinks he can build a perfect bod.
You know what its going to take, but he doesn't know that. He has BAD manners, but he sees potential. And that is the strength of his message no matter how poorly he tells it.

You do not need him but its good to have somebody confirm what you already know. If he can help you coz he knows more, GRAB IT, if not, tell him you know what you are doing and move on and thank him for his interest. You don't have to be rude to be plain.

Cherie
Old 10-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Hey, welcome to abc!! I'm sorry your first post had to be about this ego-centric guy [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Your post reminded me of how many times guys in my gym offer advise to me, without me asking for it. What I do is just to respond: "Hmmm... well I was also watching you and you have this or that bad form in these exercises, plus I think you need to work more on this or that body part. Wouldn't it be better for you to spend some time working out and improve that? " Hehe... I know, sometimes I'm so mean [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I recently learnt I also have a "Mean Mexican Look" lol [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] haha... and I always thought the guys left me alone because of my words... so give them the look TT [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2003, 10:39 AM
angelap should change his/her status!

you know i understand what you are talking about, i am only 20 years old, but i have been lifting since i was a freshman in high school, i work at a college now, and i teach our womens weight training class as well as fill in for the guys teacher when he can't be there, i always get some sort of smart remark from the guys, who are usually 18 or 19 yrs old and fresh out of high school, and just started lifting in that class, one of the times a young man asked me why i was in a GUYS class, couldn't they get a man to do the job, this young man meant no harm, but others chimed in and acted as though i knew nothing of lifting, only because they could bench press more than i could, but seeing that they knew nothing of me, like this guy knew nothing of you, i shrugged it off and went about my workout. sometimes we don't deserve the remarks people make, but take it all in and learn from it instead of getting offended by it. God is always teaching us trying to mold us to His image. maybe like me, it is humility He was teaching you through this guy. i hope you do continue to work hard and let those who love you be your encouragement and take discouragement only as a learning experience.
1 Corinthians 13:13 "Now abide these three; faith, hope, and love, but the greatest of these is love."
Old 10-15-2003, 11:00 AM
William Ustav is cutting the shadow.
Super Moderator

First off, welcome to ABC, girl! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And second - that guy seemed to be a total jerk! That's the bottom line! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Just ignore him! Bodybuilding is a sport where (unless on a comp. stage) you can only compare with yourself! Don't worry about what others think! You're (hopefully) doing this for yourself! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2003, 11:25 AM
Irongirl should change his/her status!
Stranger

thanks to all - actually, I started off doing this for others - and trying to make my body BE like others --- but now, I have come to the realization that I want to see just how far I can take MY body - to make it the best it can be. And that's a really, truly exciting thing for me. I've always compared myself to others, "if only I could look like them, if only my body could look like that". Well - it's an exciting prospect to think "Hmmmm..I wonder what MY body will look like through this hard work and dedication" - As for the guy - you are correct - he may have been just giving out random "suggestions" and yes, I may have been a little over sensitive - who wouldn't be at 4:30-5:00 in the morning - but I will take the good parts of his instruction and use it to my advantage and leave the other stuff behind.
Thanks everyone
Old 10-15-2003, 04:53 PM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Hi, I just wanted to say congrats on all the progress you've made thus far. If that guy knew how much you've changed since then, he would have kept his stupid mouth shut.

You should have told him "Well, you could stand to grow up a few more years. I'll give you some GOOD books and in no time you'll be up to a 6th grade level."
Old 10-16-2003, 12:10 AM
Adam Knowlden should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Paul summed it up best:

<font color="red"> For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.
</font>

Please God, not men.

<font color="blue"> 1Sa 16:7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God {sees} not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
</font>
Old 10-16-2003, 02:26 AM
ShouldBeABoxer should change his/her status!
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
what a jerk! you should have kicked him in the cahonies!

[/ QUOTE ]
that is never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, acceptable. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Weight: 199 pounds Goal (220 9%bf)
Height: 5'10"
Body fat: 14-15% Based on educated persons guess?
Arms-15-1/4"............Forearm- 12-1/4"
Waist- 37-3/4".............Chest-46"
Legs- 23-3/4".............Calves- 14-1/2"
http://ca.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...Photos&.view=t

GOALS

1)Quit Drinking Beer
2)Get proper routine going (Sleep,eating, etc)
3)Learn and Improve
4)Not be a noodle Keg

Bench Press Max: 185x5 (Oct.2-185x6)(Goal 315x10) Chicks do more [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I plan on Raising it by 50lbs in a month.
BarbellShrugs: 405x12 2 sets
Squat Max: 315x6 (Goal 405x10)
Deadlift Max: 195x10 (Oct.3 225x6)(Goal 315x10) lower back still getting used to this one.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE** should change his/her status! Edit

Default Post deleted by .

Closed Thread