Why do men.... - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 08:44 AM
Irongirl should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Why do men....

I have been cruising along this website for months and have learned a lot. But it wasn't until this past Friday that I felt I needed some serious feedback.
I had an incident at the gym I workout at that totally threw me for a look on Friday. This "man" has decided that he will take it upon himself to give me "advice" on my current physical condition.

Now I am 5'4" and around 128 - 130. I have been working out for about a year - and USED to weigh in at around 188 (all fat!). So - I feel like I've made some pretty **** good progress and still admittedly learning along the way.

HOWEVER - I was flabbergasted on Friday when this guy tells me, and I quote, "You could still stand to lose about 10-15 pounds - it's obvious that you hold your weight in your *** and legs - but I am sure it's just babyfat - and I can get you started on a REAL program to get where you want to be"

Now - is that not the most rude thing you have ever heard? I mean , I am sure he may have had good intentions, but it sent me spiraling out of control! I had the thoughts all weekend - is this as good as it's going to get? Why am I doing this if I am the only one who can see the results? If only he knew what I used to look like - he may not have been so quick to spout off.
I don't know - it hit me hard and I am having a hard time getting back into the swing of things --- and need some feedback from someone -

HELP!!
Old 10-14-2003, 08:46 AM
GetPsycho should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: Why do men....

what a jerk! you should have kicked him in the cahonies! you dont need us or anyone else to hype you back up, just look in the mirror and look at the progress you have already made and keep truckin. great job on losing the 50+ pounds already!
Old 10-14-2003, 08:49 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

i would politely tell him thanks but i am doing fine all by myself and if i need help i will ask for it.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:55 AM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Men just do....

Ok, not GP. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] or ok, not all men...

Losing so many pounds already, you're quite awesome to me. The truth is, many men don't like muscles on girls. Even bodybuilding men. As a result, I live by my own definition (pun intended [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) and guys just have to take it or leave it. Not that it bothers them to death, it's just their opinion as it's ours after all.

btw, I'm 159lbs, starting to load on creatine, my hams, glutes and quads are sore as hell today and my chest are likely to be even more sore tomorrow. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] That's how I like it, probably not how some men like me. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 10-14-2003, 09:00 AM
etd66ss should change his/her status!
Rookie

Sounds like he was just being a Dick, there are plenty of those at every GYM.

You need to ignore people like that, I do...
Old 10-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Irongirl should change his/her status!
Stranger

Thanks gang - logically I know you're all absolutely right. But you know - we all have are achilles heels - and my have been my lower half - so for someone to point that out directly --- well, it hit me hard. But you're correct - I can tell by the way he saunters around the gym that he thinks he's the s*%t - and I would LOVE to be able to take him down a peg or two - so I guess I will have to work that much harder - and show him - I don't need no stinking man to tell me what do!
Old 10-14-2003, 09:09 AM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

LOL! Irongirl, this bb guy hinted that I should stop doing legs at such high volume weights. He hinted that I had big legs. I told him I naturally have big legs and he didn't have much to say. And I noticed my legs were bigger than his! And look "freakier" than he does! And he didn't like it! Lol!
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 10-14-2003, 09:32 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I am sorry you had to go through that. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I am glad you joined us and I hope we can give you the support and encouragement you need! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 10-14-2003, 09:49 AM
Libby2 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

I was reading your post and I ws thinking that this jerk sounds alot like this idiot at my gym too!! What's with these guys?? This guy's always scoffing at me, and he always has comments to make....Personally, I think jerks like these really don't know how to behave around women and are intimidated by us...the only way they know how to relate is to be all chauvenistic, by acting like they know betther than us and if we follow them, .....well. These guys have issues with independent women, period! Just hold strong, and act like you don't need him!! He'll leave you alone eventually
Old 10-14-2003, 01:42 PM
Debbie9999 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I agree with Libby2 - these men do not know how to behave.

Maybe this guy sees that you are a serious BB and not just a cardio bunny and he thinks he could get you into "competion" shape. That is the only thing that I could think of that would make someone make a "seemingly derogatory" comment. You probably look terrific and congradulations on your progress.

Tell him that if you decide to go for professional advice that you will ask a professional and that he does not qualify.
Closed Thread