I Need Help!!! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 09:20 AM
Cece should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default I Need Help!!!

Hi everyone -
I really need some inspiration (or at the very least, some recipes!) to get back on the diet wagon. After losing 13 pounds and keeping it off for almost 6 months, the scale has started to creep up again after my eating habits went down the toilet. Admittedly, I have been through the most stressful time this summer - trial separation, increased job stress, conflict at work, pulled my back out, financial headaches - but I really don't want my hard work to go down the tubes!!! Any eating plans that can help? Am already lifting 3-4 days a week, doing 40-50 mins of cardio 4 times a week.

thanks for letting me vent and thanks for any ideas you smart women can give me!!!!!!!

cece
Old 10-11-2003, 11:11 AM
MusicJennifer should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: I Need Help!!!

Not to worry, there's two great books by Laura Crevalle that are bodybuilding specific. You can put her in the author column on AMAZON.COM to find her books. One is called "A Taste of Clb Crevalle" and the other is called "The Lite Lifestyle". Check them out,they'll give you a million recipes! I can't find mine yet because we just moved and I haven't unpacked them yet! Otherwise, I'd give ya some great recipes [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2003, 11:15 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

You can check out the recipe forum of the site, or you could look in some of the members' journals for meal ideas. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 10-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Agree with Tuf. No need to spend money buying books (just my opinion) with all the great information you have here for free [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

These are my comments:
- First, keep in mind that stress is the worst you can have if your goal is to burn fat. Stress actually increases fat storage (is written in one of the articles here, but don't remember exactly which one). So, how about trying some relaxation like Yoga, power yoga or breathing techniques, or just about 15 minutes of daily quiet time with candles and relaxing music. Trust me it works wonders [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

- I would cut on the cardio to 20-25 minutes of HIIT no more than 3 times per week. Now if you decide to try some Yoga then do the HIIT only once per week and try the Yoga 2-3 times per week.

- How is your sleep? Are you getting enough?

- You mentioned to be lifting 4-5 times per week. Are you taking your PWO shake according to The window of opportunity?

- Check some of the journals in the Online journal section or in the HYPERplasia sectio for more ideas, and post your meals for more comments.

Good luck
Old 10-11-2003, 06:00 PM
Fireproof should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Click on the below links:

12 Weeks to Fat Burning Diet

13 Weeks Hardcore Fat Burning Diet
Old 10-11-2003, 06:59 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Which one you think is better 12 wks or 13 wks first for optimal change?
Old 10-11-2003, 07:00 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Well, of course there's always the website for recipes!!
Old 10-11-2003, 07:22 PM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

[ QUOTE ]
Which one you think is better 12 wks or 13 wks first for optimal change?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that depends on your level of fitness. The 13 Weeks program is very difficult. I certainly felt like I was experienced enough to do it, and I did so with success for a while, but started to experience signs of overtraining at the end of my cut. I wouldn't recommend the 13 Weeks program for a beginner (which I know you are not) and, for anyone else, I would highly emphasize the importance of a solid diet and sufficient rest.
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 10-12-2003, 01:22 PM
Cece should change his/her status!
Rookie

Thanks all - I have tried the 12 week program in the past but failed - maybe now is the time??? (Well, after this Thanksgiving weekend...) Went back to the gym today and had a good workout, so I am feeling more motivated.

Thanks again, nice to not feel alone!
Closed Thread