Ladies, what's your favorite exercise that isn't one of the "usual ones"? - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 09:32 AM
Irongirl should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Re: The Plate Squeeze is when

my favorite - although not original is the un-assisted dips with a 25 plate attached with a belt - I love to see the look on guys faces when I do three sets of 8-10...hehe..makes me feel GOOOOD
Old 10-14-2003, 10:15 AM
Libby2 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

My fave is Plie squats...I use them more as a warmup before hiting the rest of the hardcore stuff, but it also helps me to increase grip strength from a different angle.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:17 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

today i will say reverse calf raises! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2003, 04:29 PM
Jenn should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Soccerchick

You just reminded me I have to do calves. How's the reverse raise work? Or do I need a machine that can only be found in the gym?

Jenn's Journal
Old 10-14-2003, 04:34 PM
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
Gee, Jenn. That's tough. If you have space at home, how about creating ur own gym? I'd do that if I have space at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do OK with the couple things I have. I was standing in the Sports Authority drooling over the Smith Machine, though. I have no room for that.

I am going to add a bench with a rack and attachments for legs soon. Maybe splurge for one with a pull-down.

For right now though I'm just going to install my chin-up bar.

Jenn's Journal
Old 10-14-2003, 04:35 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

no machine required Jenn. i just elevate my heels on a block and start lifting up my toes. i like to do 10 reps then 30 seconds of partial reps; 3-4 sets total.

reverse calf raises
Old 10-14-2003, 04:43 PM
Middleweight

Cool. Block o' wood. I have one of those. Going to try those. Thanks!

Jenn's Journal
Old 10-14-2003, 08:59 PM
luvmypt should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

I really like Dirty 30's. 10 skull crushers,10 pullovers, 10 close grip presses.... no rest in between. Do 3 sets and feel your triceps explode. (these were featured in the training forum not too long ago. the pullovers are modified a bit. You begin with the bar at chest, press up then over the back of your head trying to keep arms straight. Bring back over your head and back down to chest- 1 rep)
Old 10-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Cristy should change his/her status!
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
I really like Dirty 30's. 10 skull crushers,10 pullovers, 10 close grip presses.... no rest in between.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm doing those for sure!! Next tricep day is this Saturday.... I can't wait! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2003, 09:01 PM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

I tried a new one today from Superficial Muscles of the Back Part I--an article I just read again and again and again. Here it is:

[ QUOTE ]
Flexor-less Adduction This is essentially a pullover performed from the side. The goal is to adduct the humerus, without the support of the elbow flexors( biceps, brachialis etc. ). Go to a high pulley attachment, and set up a one arm handle. Stand at the side of it so that your body is parallel with the machine. From here reach up and grasp the handle. You should feel a tug on your lats. Now simply pull the attachment down so as to bring your arm being used to your sides.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was great!
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Closed Thread