Ladies, what's your favorite exercise that isn't one of the "usual ones"? - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 03:06 PM
Jenn should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Ladies, what\'s your favorite exercise that isn\'t one of the \"usual ones\"?

I actually have a gym membership at Bally's but there isn't one anywhere near me. They closed the one near me and never re-opened.

I've been paying 6 bucks a month since 1993 cause ya never know when they may open another one LOL! It's a premier one,too. I was going to give it to my sis in Tampa but she was in a car accident and can only do stretching/yoga right now.

It's not the first time I was burned with a gym membership either. Twice the gym I joined closed up shop (Spa lady and Elaine Powers, remember those?) and one place I joined near work because they had one near work and one near home (I had an hour commute back then) and they ended up selling the one near home and I transferred jobs. AARRGHH.

Suzie, what are these plate things? Sounds interesting!

Jenn's Journal
Old 10-13-2003, 03:48 PM
Debbie9999 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Ladies, what\'s your favorite exercise that isn\'t one of the \"usual ones\"?

Good question about "plate" exercises. Please tell us, Suzie. We are always looking for different things to do.

It is a shame that there are so few gyms to choose from, and in some cases, none to choose from. Also, there aren't enough membership options such as a reduced rate when you can only go once or twice per week.

Old 10-13-2003, 05:21 PM
KCFitness should change his/her status!

I love the Farmer's lunges OS. Grab a really heavy weight in each hand and lunge your way across the gym floor. Talk about a great "ending" to a workout!

KC
Old 10-13-2003, 05:28 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

I'm currently doing these really bonkers step-ups as part of my leg routine: put a bench in front of the cable station, crab a low cable, step up onto the bench. Problem is, the bench is quite high and I've got rubbish balance so everyone kind of stops to stare and see if I'm about to fall off backwards. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm currently doing these really bonkers step-ups as part of my leg routine: put a bench in front of the cable station, crab a low cable, step up onto the bench. Problem is, the bench is quite high and I've got rubbish balance so everyone kind of stops to stare and see if I'm about to fall off backwards. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Jenn should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
Mine are Plate Squeeze for chest and Plate drags for inner and outer legs

[/ QUOTE ]

As a side note, every time I read this I think of Herschel Walker, anyone remember him? He was the next best thing in football but he chose the USFL over the NFL (Flutie, too.)

Anyway, he didn't have a gym to workout in so he used whatever he could. He worked out with tires. He'd just pile them on and over and drag them. 2000 pushups, 3000 sit ups, 1500 pull-ups, 1000 dips. No equipment necessary. Quite an athlete.

Jenn's Journal
Old 10-14-2003, 05:24 AM
Suzie should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default The Plate Squeeze is when

you take two plates ( practice with 5 'ers )
Squeeze them together with your palms.
While continuing to squeeze them together, slowing lower them and then curl them back up. Don't let your fingers lock or wrap around the plate. Its all in the squeezing the plates together while curling them.
You can do this with the medicine ball, its not as effective as the plates.
Happy sore chest muckels !! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2003, 09:15 AM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: The Plate Squeeze is when

Gee, Jenn. That's tough. If you have space at home, how about creating ur own gym? I'd do that if I have space at home.
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 10-14-2003, 09:23 AM
Bex should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: The Plate Squeeze is when

I just did sissy squats for the first time and LOVED them!!!! What a burn! I supersetted squats with them and used a 10lb plate,
it made them even more intense! I am still sore from last Thursday's workout!
Get to do them again tomorrow and can't wait!
Closed Thread