Ladies, what's your favorite exercise that isn't one of the "usual ones"? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 05:22 PM
Jenn should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Ladies, what\'s your favorite exercise that isn\'t one of the \"usual ones\"?

I don't want to know squats, rows, etc.

What's your favorite "unusual" one, one that maybe isn't in your lineup all the time, but kicks butt.

Mine was close grip bench press but it has been replaced by "Old School Extensions." Now I go through the exercise list looking for anything that has "Old School" in the title.

(BTW, thanks so much Old School!!!)

Jenn's Journal
Old 10-12-2003, 05:31 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Ladies, what\'s your favorite exercise that isn\'t one of the \"usual ones\"?

I love OS extensions, too [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2003, 06:01 PM
Elle should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Ladies, what\'s your favorite exercise that isn\'t one of the \"usual ones\"?

I love decline BB or DB bench press! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Wide grip straight arm pressdowns are awesome as well.... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

I recently incorporated partial dead lifts and they are great! As OldSchools says, they are a real ego-booster! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I also did a giant set that Venom suggested to me, which was very cool and had several "unusual" exercises! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] It was Incline Bench Isolation Rows w/ Incline Lying DB Rows w/ Striation Rows w/ Infraspinatous Rows! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 10-13-2003, 11:01 AM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I have a number. Most people don't do it at the gym cos I seem to be the only one doing it. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bent over cable laterals for rear delts

bent over straight arm lat pull down

decline hammer bar pullovers

decline cable pullovers

<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 10-13-2003, 11:25 AM
Debbie9999 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

How about the Weighted Hip Extenstions. It's like going on a ride - lots of motion - and it hits glutes and hams, my favorite body part to work.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...Extension.html

Old 10-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Jenn should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Elle,

I need to start adding some decline work in. Is it less weight usually vs. regular bench?

Tuf, I can't even pronounce that last one, never mind do it.

Debbie and teletummy just made me jealous that I don't go to a gym.

Jenn's Journal
Old 10-13-2003, 12:33 PM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You should try signing up for a gym, Jenn! It can be very motivating. But there was a time when I worked out at home. Got a bench, decline it and used the barbell instead of hammer bar to do the pullovers. I like to use the undergrip instead of overgrip for this exercise cos I twisted my shoulder once using overgrip for the barbell. Also see the Exercises section for the many non-cable exercises.

Oh and I do the decline benchpress to. I usually use less weight compared to a regular benchpress.
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 10-13-2003, 01:46 PM
Debbie9999 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I was so desparate to work out in a gym rather than home that I joined a gym with FULL MEMBERSHIP even though I will only be able to use it twice per week and work at home the rest of the time. I get the best of both worlds - the gym provides atmosphere and plenty of equipment but at home you get privacy and you don't have to share.

I "rotate" body part days so I can be sure to hit every body part (eventually) using gym equipment. I find that for arm, ab, and shoulder exercises, home equipment is fine - a few DBs, or even just a few plates, any bench and your set to go.
Old 10-13-2003, 02:42 PM
Suzie should change his/her status!
Stranger

Mine are Plate Squeeze for chest and Plate drags for inner and outer legs
Closed Thread