Someone please help me - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 06:56 PM
MusicJennifer should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Someone please help me

Where to start..I used to be on this website quite a bit before I actually got a new job as a full time personal trainer and group fitness director of a large scale fitness club (combined duties). (some of the older members actually were around to share the great news about my fitness job!) Since then, my husband and I moved to be closer to both our jobs and I then worked some of the craziest hours at this new job. Instead of finding myself happy, I find myself more depressed than ever in my life. I am so sad all the time. My own progress has not only haulted, it's reversed! I was in the most amazing shape before I took this job (not meant to sound egotistical). Now, two months later, I'm thicker, I can't see any of my cuts anymore, I'm exhausted, and I feel as though I've hit rock bottom. I'm supposed to be an "icon" of some sorts to my clients [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I try to squeeze my meals in between clients and whatever else and I expend so much energy training them that when I finally get to eat, I reach for all the wrong things because I'm starving (even though I've packed all the right things). I know better than this, however every day I am physically worn out. When I try to work MYSELF hard, I find that I cannot. This has upset me so much that I am considering going back into my field (economics) because it offers me the continuity in the day that I need. I am then able to always KNOW and plan for my workout times and meals. I will also not be forced to work such early and late days (since this is when most people can see their trainers, before or after work) This has just been such a hard decision on both myself and my very supportive husband. I knew I needed to get back here and chat with all of you who truly understand how important fitness is. My dilemma is that working in the fitness industry has hurt my own fitness. I never expected this...Any advice?
Old 10-11-2003, 07:04 PM
a-folov should change his/her status!
National Champion

Default Re: Someone please help me

The first thing that comes to mind is rest - you need to take a break from the industry (training, working out yourself), relax, and re-evaluate your standing and goals. Two weeks can and will do wonders for defragmenting your life and mind.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Light-Heavyweight

TWO WEEKS?? I've gained fat and made negative progress so much already. I'm so worried of getting any worse. I am embarassed to wear a short sleeve shirt in front of anyone in the club! I can't believe 2 months ago I was on this site every day happy as a lark, mapping out my meals, progress, etc..and helping others. Now I can't seem to help myself.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Light-Heavyweight

I do appreciate you responding [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll work through this and yes, I do need to relax and take up some yoga [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2003, 07:14 PM
a-folov should change his/her status!
National Champion

Gains that come quickly can leave quickly; losses that come quickly can be reversed at the same speed. Two weeks may seem like a lot, but the peace of mind and determination that it will provide for you, as well as the anticipation and anxiety to get back to your routine will make it all worth-while.

Of course, it doesn't have to be two weeks exactly - but that seems to be the opimal time for many people.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:19 PM
windsrprk should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

You plan time in your day for your clients. Do you plan time in your day for yourself? I understand needing to make $$$ but missing out on priority number 1 (yourself) will only shoot yourself in the foot! If you knew you had time in each day for yourself you'd surely enjoy your job much more and could look after yourself. Also, when your clients are doing their warmup this would be an opportunity for you to snack on something before you join them for their workout. Keep your chin up girl! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2003, 10:51 PM
Libby2 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

You know, I was just wondering about you today....hadn't seen ya on the boards for a bit and remembered about your 'dream job'.......So sorry that it isn't turning out the way you would have wished, but if it isn't his one,maybe there's gonna be something better down the road. Have you ever thought about opening up your own gym? Independently, being your own boss, you schedule your clients around YOUR own availability.....2wks sounds like a wonderful idea.....I'm doing the same thing myself (from work that is, 'cause I need to reasses my place of work too)

But remember, if you don't look after you, how can anybody else? Good luck and keep your chin up...things will go as they are meant to.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:32 PM
Adam Knowlden should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Maybe the job isn't for you. Sometimes what we think is going to be a dream job, isn't all it's cracked up to be...

If you are miserable I recommend finding a different career.

Sit down and evaluate your goals first though.

Is this job going where you want it too? Or is it leading to some greater goal you have?

For example, the job I have now, isn't my ideal job, but it is defeneitly applying towards future creaeer goals I have. So it is a stepping stone so to speak.

The point is I see where it can lead in the future, and I stick to my guns.

If you don't see this in the future of your career, or if you are where you initally wanted to be with this career, (in other words you've taken this path as far as it can go), and you still loath it, it's time to find something new IMO.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:09 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Aww, you guys are really great. Thank you all so much. I have some soul searching to do. I will get back to you and let you know how I made out!!
Old 10-12-2003, 12:13 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Oh yea, and I'm gonna make the time to get here more because this site is so amazing, has been since the first day I got here..