varicose vains - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 11:07 PM
korne137 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default varicose vains

Hi, i've never posted here before but i finally have a dilemma that i need advice for. i'm only 18 years old and have been training for about 3 years now...i love lifting and the feeling it gives me. the problem is that women in my family have a predispostion to getting varicose veins. recently i noticed a puffy raised vein on the inside of my upper thigh. i dunno if this is from working out of not, but my mom seems to think that it is a varicose vein in the making; she warns me that i can st [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]ill workout but i should go easy on my legs...in other words no leg presses or squats for me. ANY advice would be of help to me.
Thanx,
Erin
Old 10-05-2003, 11:30 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: varicose vains

Well, my family and friends also have tendency to varicose veins. But it's a coincidence that only those who don't exercise have them [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I have none, never had, but have exercised most of my life. My advise is eat healthy, drink loooots of water. Include celery and garlic in your diet (both promote circulation) and work out hard. When you shower make sure to alternate between hot and cold water to stimulate circulation and massage your legs in circles. Get a loofah for better results. Finally, try to sleep with your legs above your head level or just try to elevate your legs while watching tv [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

One last advise: Don't listen to people who tell you that working out is bad. Have you ever seen a female bodybuilder with varicose veins? I haven't
Old 10-06-2003, 10:24 AM
Libby2 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: varicose vains

I've had a vein behind my knee since I was a teen...I'm now in my mid+ thirties.....I've never had issue with it, or any leg pain etc....doc tells me it's not a viricose vein but just a shallow vein.....nothing to worry about, unless I somehow get cut there....get it checked out by a professional before taking any advice....