Wife's Stomach after Twins - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 11:36 AM
gametime should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Wife\'s Stomach after Twins

Well gals, I need you help. I some of you know my wife had Twin boys 4 months ago. Anyway, before she was pregnant she was around 5'7" 125lbs. By the time she had the babies she was around 167lbs. She now ways around 120lbs and is really thin. However, she still has a little pooch in her belly. She has dieted down to this and is little everywhere else. She wants to know if this is fat on her belly or is it loose skin and out of place muscle? She also would like to know solutions to either of these options. Any help you ladies could offer would be great.

Thanks,

Gametime
Old 09-29-2003, 11:59 AM
G.I. Jami should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Re: Wife\'s Stomach after Twins

You say that your wife was 125 when she got pregnant and is 120 now..... Did she have a significant amount of muscle tone before she got pregnant? How is her muscle tone now? The reason I ask is that even though she is lighter than she was before she got pregnant, she probably is fatter (meaning has a greater % of body fat than lean mass) than before she got pregnant, due to the fat stores women develop to nurish growing babies.

The babies are only 4 months old, so I would say it's pretty normal for her to still have a pouch. I had a small one for about 5 years. Only after I started seriously doing some weight training and eating clean to lower my body fat % did the pouch go down. That being said, there is still some loose skin, but the diffence is phenomenal.

If she's not already doing so, have her start doing some weight training. Also, make sure that she's eating enough of the right foods to nurish growing muscle. As we knows muscle burns more calories than fat.

Most importantly make sure to encourage her. Good luck! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<font color="purple"> Before pregnancy....
08/05/03: ht. 62.5in.......wt. 123.......BF 18.4%

39 wks pregnant
09/03/04: ht. 62.5in.......wt. 178.......BF MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

34 wks post-partum
4/29/05: ht. 62.5in.......wt. 135.......BF 36% (still MOO)

13 months post-partum
10/2/05: ht. 62.5in.......wt. 125.......BF 32% (sigh)
</font>
Old 09-30-2003, 10:53 AM
gametime should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Wife\'s Stomach after Twins

Thanks for the input G.I.

Any other women got anything to add?