how long do i bake a 12 oz sweet potatoe, and at what temp - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 08:32 AM
GetPsycho should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: how long do i bake a 12 oz sweet potatoe, and at what temp

THANKS
Old 09-29-2003, 09:52 AM
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
I bake about 5 or 6 up at a time, let them cool and place them in the frige in a ziplock bag

[/ QUOTE ]

how long do they stay good ?
Old 09-29-2003, 10:14 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

i attempted to make a sweet potato once. it actually went well (unusual for me). i cut up the sweet potato into cubes and put into a pan (sprayed with smart balance spray). i sprinkled cinnamon and splenda on top. cooked for 45 minutes at 400-degrees. it sure smelled good... i still need to work on developing a taste for them! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2003, 10:18 AM
Olympia Contender

yeah, i'm trying to incorporate different carbs in my diet. i just had my first bowl of oats the other day. not too bad with blueberries. the last time i tried to make them i put too much water and they were mushy, thats why i never tried them again until now. now im hooked

the first time i made a sweet tater i nuked the crap out of it and it was horrible. im hoping i will have a similiar experience with this, cook it right and acutally like it
Old 09-29-2003, 10:28 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, i'm trying to incorporate different carbs in my diet. i just had my first bowl of oats the other day. not too bad with blueberries. the last time i tried to make them i put too much water and they were mushy, thats why i never tried them again until now. now im hooked

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, i HAVE to add fruit to my oatmeal in order to eat it. i like strawberries and 2 packets splenda or 1/3 of a banana and some natty pb.

i'm also trying to incorporate different carbs. i just tried red lentils. not to bad, but they need some spicing up for sure!
Old 09-29-2003, 02:08 PM
sage63 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bake about 5 or 6 up at a time, let them cool and place them in the frige in a ziplock bag

[/ QUOTE ]

how long do they stay good ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I eat one a day for lunch so they keep about 5 days! The peel just pulls off easy and I mash them up and heat them about 1.5 min. The 1/2 c cottage cheese on them sounds gross but it is really good!!
Old 09-29-2003, 03:27 PM
Olympia Contender

cool, thanks !
Old 09-29-2003, 04:14 PM
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
the last time i tried to make them i put too much water and they were mushy, thats why i never tried them again until now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay - Here is another little cooking tip - this one re: Oatmeal.

Place water in pot to boil (way more than you need). Add desired amt of rolled oats (old fashioned, not quick) to the boiling water. I usually use 1/2 c per person uncooked oats but you may want more. Cook for about 6 min. Remove from heat and drain off water in a colander. Delicious chewy oatmeal!!!! This is kind of like how you make spaghetti but you do the same treatment to the oatmeal. This is the only way I make mine now (unless I'm doing steel cut oats and I do them the same....just gotta cook them a lot longer.) [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This way you don't have to even measure the water. Easy!
Old 09-29-2003, 04:28 PM
Olympia Contender

my biggest problem with oatmeal is the texture. i dont like it chewy. unless your definition of chewy is different than mine, when i think chewy in regards to oatmeal im thinking mushy. i hate mushy. i use half the required water just so its real dry. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2003, 04:55 PM
Light-Heavyweight

I think of mushy as all soft and gummy-gluey. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I think of chewy where it still stays somewhat in more individual flakes and is a bit heartier to the bite. "al dente" if you will. Just give it a whirl-earl and see if you like my version of chewy or not. It won't hurt my feelings if you don't! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] This is just the way I do it and I thought it may take care of your prob w/ too much water.
Closed Thread