Women bb and roles in contemporary movies - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 02:25 PM
sage63 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Women bb and roles in contemporary movies

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately as Elle has said most people are scared by women with muscles. One of the reasons it is so hard to get my girl into the gym since our gym membership does not include access to the cardio room.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad no one told my DH!! He thinks its HOT and won't leave me alone. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I won't tell him muscles are really scary! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Not! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2003, 03:04 PM
LeslieD should change his/her status!
Rookie

i think one problem is alot of them can't act, but i think the main problem is the stereotype that a woman with muscle just isn't attractive. i know before T3 came out there were alot of rumors going around that Joanie Laurer (formerly Chyna of WWE) was the first person they were considering to play the female terminator. I think Arnold may have endorsed her somewhere (don't quote me on that one) but she just can't act. and if anyone has seen her lately, you'll notice she's lost alot of LBM since she's been trying to break into the acting. even her Playboy pictorial didn't have her at her biggest!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] i was reading my Oxygen mag from Oct. and there's a feature on Victoria Pratt of the show Mutant X (its in syndication) and she was saying that in order for her to get more roles she had to slim down her fitness physique??!!! i'd actually like to see more women with muscle in films especially when they advertise them to have *** kicking women in them. yeah linda hamilton was cut up, but who is she really going to intimidate??!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2003, 03:14 PM
~*NobodysAngel*~ should change his/her status!

Leslie I read that too about Vicky Pratt.. I was quite dissappointed, when she was on Cleopatra 2525 I really looked up to her as both an actress and a fitness model cause you don't see that very often! Mocha Lee was supposed to be in some sort of movie or whatnot.. it was a small feature in Oxygen, not sure about the movie itself/if it actually came to pass or not. I'd love to see more bbing women in films.. I mean, give young girls someone REAL to aspire to, not the hollywood waifs that are out there. I'm so sick of these 'healthy' women that look like they can barely hold the weight of their own skull, but it seems to be the norm nowadays. Props to any muscular chick that can smash the walls of the 'butch' stereotype! I just hope it happens **** soon!
Old 09-26-2003, 03:23 PM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

[ QUOTE ]
Off the subject but: That Beth Horn pic that was posted on the sexy fitness models.....I love her delts. What gets that great rounded shoulder cap like that? I work my shoulders pretty dang hard (or so I thought) and don't have anything like that!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that her delts are incredible and I wanted to know the same thing you asked! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

From OldSchool:
[ QUOTE ]
One thing you have to understand about delts is that all three heads, are responsible for their size.

You actually want them all in proportion to each other. That is why Beth Horn's delts look like cantaloupes. She has great symmetry and size in all three heads.

If one head is lagging, in your case the lateral head, you can prioritize it, but don't neglect the other two!

Back day is a good day to do them on, but I also like delt day. You can switch them up every month or so if you like.

A giant set consisting of front, side, and rear raises works incredibley at the end of a delt workout. Also bent over cable laterals, reverse peck deck flys and one handed movements are staple exercises for the posterior head.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 09-26-2003, 04:48 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Well, I was very glad to see Angela Basset was the only one able to play Tina Turner's character in the movie about Tina's life: "What's love gotta to do with it". She was so ripped and her arms and legs looked awesome. Just to look like the awesome Tina!!!
Old 09-26-2003, 11:57 PM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Well, well, even with the lack of women bb in movie roles, there seems to be a general buzz about it! Which is sooo healthy and makes me so glad. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Patyal, I simply love Bassett's definition! I must go catch Double Impact too.

Bassett and Hamilton are actresses having bb bodies but there's still so few female bodybuilders acting. I'm so disappointed many can't act. Oh well, I can't act and am not even gonna try! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I agree so much with NobodysAngel I simply have to quote this here, again:

"I'd love to see more bbing women in films.. I mean, give young girls someone REAL to aspire to, not the hollywood waifs that are out there. I'm so sick of these 'healthy' women that look like they can barely hold the weight of their own skull, but it seems to be the norm nowadays. Props to any muscular chick that can smash the walls of the 'butch' stereotype! I just hope it happens **** soon!" - NobodysAngel
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 09-27-2003, 08:23 AM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

I'm not sure she is meant to be scary so much as sexy, and unfortunately muscles are not considered that sexy in the mainstream world. (Or at least in a very limited fashion.)
Old 09-27-2003, 12:18 PM
mama2Six should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I agree most mainstream people don't like muscular women. Even my husband doesn't. I will show him pictures of women whom I admire their physique and he says "too much muscle". I am not even talking Figure gals but everyday women. He may be odd but he likes the softer look of a owman. When I was a size 4, he thought I was skinny. I wasn't, I was lean and hard and he wanted soft.
Amy
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Remember that in a race everyone runs, but
only one person gets the prize. You also must run in such a way that you
will win. [25] All athletes practice strict self-control. They do it to win a
prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. [26] So I run
straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I am not like a boxer who
misses his punches. [27] I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to
do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself
might be disqualified.

Old 09-27-2003, 12:23 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
...When I was a size 4, he thought I was skinny. I wasn't, I was lean and hard and he wanted soft.
Amy

[/ QUOTE ]
That's so true!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I have a friend who has been checking my progress pics and the leaner I am the "less attractive" according to him [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Oh well... I might stay single for a while [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2003, 06:26 PM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

well...You could always tell those men they're too **** puny.
Closed Thread