Women bb and roles in contemporary movies - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 12:54 PM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Women bb and roles in contemporary movies

I was just looking at a poster of Underworld and it occurred to me that the female vampire, Kate Beckinsale's physique does not look very threatening to me in what is supposed to be a "threatening" character. After all, aren't vampires suppose to fill us with fear? I thought that the role would be better filled with a female bodybuilder whose physique would look more imposing.

It brought me to think about women bodybuilders and their roles in contemporary movies. Has anyone seen any female bodybuilders star in any Hollywood movies? If you do, please enlighten me cos we know male bodybuilders get roles in movies. Of course, the most famous being the Austrian Oak.

Now if there aren't female bodybuilders in movies, I was pondering upon why. Is it because, female bbs don't want role in films? I thought it quite impossible cos I remembered seeing the biography of some female bbs wanting to act. Or is it because they can't act? Or is it because the public just doesn't like to see muscled women on the big screen? Or could it be producers think the public doesn't like to see muscled women on the big screen? So what, exactly what is it???

I'm really stumped.
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 09-26-2003, 01:07 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Women bb and roles in contemporary movies

I've seen Cory Everson in more than one... but don't remember the titles [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Sorry [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2003, 01:18 PM
Elle should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Teletummy.....I think a lot of female bb'ers deliberattely lose LBM if they want to make in in mainstream tv/movie roles. Muscular women are still regarded by a lot of people, both men and women, as freaks...sadly.

I think the bb'er that you have in your sig has recently lost a lot of LBM....if it's the same woman, she was featured on the cover of Oxygen. A LOT leaner....what's her name again?
Old 09-26-2003, 01:34 PM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Patyal, Cory Everson in Hollywood blocbusters? *curious*

Elle, she's Marika Johanssen. I just immediately, IMMEDIATELY had to check out oxygen and found out thank goodness it is not Marika on the front page! *wipes cold sweat from brows* Strangely, the model on Sep2003 is called Lena Johannesen! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I wonder if they're related?!?!? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Below is the pic for closer comparison. They certainly look alike, don't they? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 09-26-2003, 01:44 PM
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm so sure!!! I think it was one movie with Jean Claude Van... I hate not to remember the title [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2003, 01:54 PM
Elle should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]

Elle, she's Marika Johanssen. I just immediately, IMMEDIATELY had to check out oxygen and found out thank goodness it is not Marika on the front page! *wipes cold sweat from brows* Strangely, the model on Sep2003 is called Lena Johannesen! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I wonder if they're related?!?!? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Below is the pic for closer comparison. They certainly look alike, don't they? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Phewf! That makes me feel a lot better actually! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I was a little disappointed to say the least!
Old 09-26-2003, 02:10 PM
Crombie is the greatest supervillain the world has ever seen!
Heavyweight

Cory Everson was in a few movies, but the only one I saw was Double Impact. She was actually pretty bad in that, and according to IDMB she has played a tonne of bit roles and I remember some of those she was bad in them as well. The Nemesis series also had Sue Price, and other random bodybuilders in it from what I recall.

Unfortunately as Elle has said most people are scared by women with muscles. One of the reasons it is so hard to get my girl into the gym since our gym membership does not include access to the cardio room.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:17 PM
sage63 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gosh! I still wouldn't be complainin' if I had her body!!

What about Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2? She looked pretty cut. Not huge but very muscular - and those PULL-UPS!! Was that a stunt double?! I was SO jealous.

I had at first thought that Angelina Jolie was buff for Tomb Raider but I saw a mag photo of her riding a seadoo and she had NO arm definition! Disappointed! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Off the subject but: That Beth Horn pic that was posted on the sexy fitness models.....I love her delts. What gets that great rounded shoulder cap like that? I work my shoulders pretty dang hard (or so I thought) and don't have anything like that!!
Old 09-26-2003, 02:18 PM
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Cory Everson was in a few movies, but the only one I saw was Double Impact. <font color="brown"> That's the title!! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
She was actually pretty bad in that, and according to IDMB she has played a tonne of bit roles and I remember some of those she was bad in them as well. <font color="brown"> So true [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] acting is not her best quality [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-26-2003, 02:22 PM
sage63 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Yeah, I think the real reason is that most prob can't act! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Closed Thread