Gettin' Hitched - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 03:13 PM
G.I. Jami should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Re: Gettin\' Hitched

Congrats!!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<font color="purple"> Before pregnancy....
08/05/03: ht. 62.5in.......wt. 123.......BF 18.4%

39 wks pregnant
09/03/04: ht. 62.5in.......wt. 178.......BF MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

34 wks post-partum
4/29/05: ht. 62.5in.......wt. 135.......BF 36% (still MOO)

13 months post-partum
10/2/05: ht. 62.5in.......wt. 125.......BF 32% (sigh)
</font>
Old 09-22-2003, 05:05 PM
Big Dan should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Congrats! And welcome to the club. I'm getting hitched next June! And, I'll put money on him being more eloquent on the proposal than I was. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2003, 12:27 AM
jlong should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Congrats!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2003, 09:24 PM
Sun Tzu should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Congradulations! And yeah, how did he propose? I want pointers!
Old 09-24-2003, 01:16 AM
girl007 should change his/her status!
Rookie

Congrats! I'm getting married next August!
My sweetie proposed in Hawaii!! Me so happy
Old 09-24-2003, 10:12 AM
GetPsycho should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
Congradulations! And yeah, how did he propose? I want pointers!

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i did.

i had saturday picked out as the day i wanted to propose. the monday before i had bought 6 roses and placed them in her car at work with a note. on tuesday i had 5 roses and a bath running with candles when she got home from work. on wedensday i gave her 4 roses. thursday 3 roses delivered to her work with a note. on friday i gave her 2 roses at dinner.

then saturday....

(we were living together)
i had all this prepped and ready from the night before. i woke up early saturday, and very quietly left a poem for her. the poem was a set of clues that she was supposed to figure out and that would give her the location to come find me for a breakfast picnic. (it was at a park that we used to go to, it over looks the city). so i woke up and left the note by the bed with a gift and then ran off to the park with the food. about an hour later she showed up at the park. (i made the clues pretty easy so i was sure she would make it). then we ate breakfast and just talked. i handed her 1 single rose and told her to start taking the peddles off. i had the ring inside the middle of the rose. i proposed and she said yes. 2 years later we are still happily married. had some raod bumps right at year 1 but worked through it.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:04 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] GP the romantic! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 09-24-2003, 12:06 PM
Workout2001 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Wow GP, are you still this romantic? My husband of 16 years, still buys me flowers lots, and always calls me to let me know where he is, if he is going out or will be late getting home. Never leaves the house without kissing me goodbye.

Workout2001
Old 09-25-2003, 09:52 AM
Big Dan should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

**** GP, you're a softie! I had this whole elaborate plan set up. We had just moved to Long Island from CT and had just signed our lease for our place (we were living with her folks at the time). Out of the blue on Saturday, I woke up (she had to work that weekend) and went and bought her ring. When I came home, her dad was there. I sat down with him and asked his permission. He was so happy I asked him. Guess I'm old fashioned like that and he respected it.

Anyway, my plan was to propose when we got into the new apartment - kind of a new/fresh start thing. This was right around Thanksgiving last year and we were supposed to move in Dec 1. So, here I am with this ring and I'm as anxious as anything. Sunday night we're packing for Thanks giving (we were going up to my folks). I couldn't hold out any longer and called her into the room. She gave me something like "I'm packing. Can it wait?" and was kind of annoyed. I told her no and it was important. She came in all huffy-puffy. I gave her a hug and then got down on one knee and told her that I wanted her to be my wife and grow old with her.

The whole time she's sitting there going "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?" Hahaha! So I slip the ring on her finger and she says yes. About 10 minutes later, she goes "Did I even say yes? I'm so surprised and excited, I don't even remember!" Too cute.

So, it wasn't how I planned (hell, I was in a t-shirt and jeans and she was in jeans and a sweater) and not that "planned" romantic, but the spontaneity (sp?) of it really made it special.

GP's still got me beat. I like the rose bit, very classy.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:33 AM
girl007 should change his/her status!
Rookie

Oh you guys are so sweet! GP I'm so impressed!! WOW how did you come uo with that one?