Taking a break - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 10:24 AM
ALD4168 should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Taking a break

Has anyone ever taken a break from dieting and working out altogther and when they started again lost more weight than they had originally. I've been plateauing lately and the trainer I consult with suggested that I take a week or two without really worrying too much about my diet (but still eating healthy) and just doing some fairly easy workouts and then jump back in to the harder stuff and the stricter diet and see if I can shock my system back into losing weight again since it seems as if I'm at a sticking point. Any thoughts on this theory?
Old 08-20-2003, 10:57 AM
windsrprk should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Re: Taking a break

Although I'm not training to lose weight, I do take a break on average every 3 months. In trying to gain muscle I work pretty hard in the gym and wind up feeling a bit beat up. Taking a week off gives my mind and body a chance to relax. On the week off, instead of eating just one 'fun' meal, I may splurge and have four or five. By the end of the week I feel relaxed, rested, and ready to get back to the gym!
Old 08-20-2003, 11:47 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

every 8-12 weeks its good to take a break and let your body and mind rest. usually during that time, if i am cutting, i will just eat my maintennce calories (making sure its clean eating as well). it will do your body some good. when was the last time you had a break?
Old 08-20-2003, 11:50 AM
MaxC should change his/her status!
Middleweight

This seems to be a key factor in President Wilson's "13 Weeks of HardCore Fat Burning--The Diet." In the seventh week you go back to a higher caloric intake and no working out. The principle is to not allow your body to adapt too much, but keep shocking it into fat loss.
Closed Thread