What would you think if your boyfriend/husband... - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 11:08 PM
mama2Six should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: What would you think if your boyfriend/husband...

Stripping is NEVER an only option. I was a single Mama to 2 kids and found a way without taking my clothes off for money. I worked 2 jobs - waiting tables and cleaning houses - not the best jobs but I did what I had to and my kids wouldn't be ashamed to say what i did for a living.
Amy
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Remember that in a race everyone runs, but
only one person gets the prize. You also must run in such a way that you
will win. [25] All athletes practice strict self-control. They do it to win a
prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. [26] So I run
straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I am not like a boxer who
misses his punches. [27] I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to
do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself
might be disqualified.

Old 08-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Deep313 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I would want to be one maybe in college or something for a lil extra money but i wouldn't be able to have a girlfriend that did thats just me. I know that sounds bad but ya. BUt also if my girlfriend didn't want me to i would respect her choice and not do it.
Bench Max:400
Deadlift:455
Leg Press:900x5
Curls:155x8
Old 08-19-2003, 07:17 AM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

depends.. if you start dating someone who is a stripper, you don't have the option of telling them to stop. if you start dating someone who suddenly wants to become a stripper, you do have that option.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:26 AM
Debbie9999 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I agree with you, Serendipity. I am talking about someone that has a "normal" daytime job but is looking to make a change. You know, the economy is pretty bad, especially here in the northeast, and companies in general are downsizing, streamlining, and making life miserable for their employees. But we are all suffering. So, this person is risking his career and job for something... not so secure and degrading. But of course, I am the one that is unreasonable.

Old 08-19-2003, 06:12 PM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

well, are you in a relationship with this person? How would he feel if you were stripping yourself? I've found that turning the tables on someone usually gets them to see the double standards.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:35 AM
Debbie9999 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

In this case, it is difficult to "turn the tables" because he knows me too well. In other words, he knows that I have too much respect for myself to become a stripper. Of course he will say that he doesn't mind because he knows it won't happen.

I need to find someone that appreciates me enough that this issue would never even come up.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:47 PM
Taz54868 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

no way in heck would my wife be a stripper. bar tending falls into the same boat. if she is not my wife or girl friend no problem on her stripping
Old 08-20-2003, 04:06 PM
NickW should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I couldn't date a stripper, but I would let my wife/gf work in a strip club as a waitress or bartender. I personally have thought about working in a strip club as a bouncer and my gf got all pissed about that, she got even more pissed when a friend of mine tried to talk me into becoming a male stripper (he is one and makes great money). I would never do it, don't have the confidence to show my body off to everyone.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:05 PM
LAM should change his/her status!
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
Since there was a previous post about Male Stripper, what would you do in this situation:

If you have a significant other (guys, you can answer too) and he/she worked out and had a really ripped body, how would you feel if they worked at a strip club? Assume the money is excellent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dated a very nice girl who was a dancer. At first her job did not bother me, she didn't really drink, didn't do drugs and was also going to college. She had a daughter and living where she did (rural PA) you just don't make any money as a single woman with no education. She was pulling in a good 100K a year and only working 4 days a week. She spent most of here money on her daughter. After about 5 months it started getting to me. She would tell me things that the men would ask her to do, etc. and it started to gross me out. She would take a shower after work and I still wouldn't want to touch her. Needless to say at that point I knew I had to end the relationship.

I could never date another dancer after that. I'm very conservative in some ways and I definetly don't want a bunch of pervets rubbing one out while they are thinking of my gf or wife.

But I do understand where Tokyo is coming from. I know more "normal" girls who are bigger ****s than any dancers that I have ever known. I have more respect for prostitutes than I do bar ****s.