What would you think if your boyfriend/husband... - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 08:50 AM
Debbie9999 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default What would you think if your boyfriend/husband...

Since there was a previous post about Male Stripper, what would you do in this situation:

If you have a significant other (guys, you can answer too) and he/she worked out and had a really ripped body, how would you feel if they worked at a strip club? Assume the money is excellent.

Old 08-18-2003, 09:03 AM
a-folov should change his/her status!
National Champion

Default Re: What would you think if your boyfriend/husband...

My girlfriend actually wants to work in a strip club. My feelings are as follows: she's mine, and her body is only for me to take pleasure (even visual) in. Of course, I feel like an *** for thinking that.
She says she wants to do it for the money, but that it would also be exciting. When I say "Why not just become a call-girl, then?", her response is "No one touches me but for my Anton (me)". So...
If she decided to go through with it, I won't stop her, but I sure as hell won't be happy about it.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:05 AM
RicoCPA should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

She would no longer be my girlfriend if she told me she was going to work in a strip bar. Money does not replace dignity.

Weight: 184 lbs. (cutting, now)
BF%: 14.78% (as of 4/20/04)
Chest: 45" / Bicep: 15 1/2" / Forearm: 12 1/2" / Quad: 24" / Calf 16" (As of 2/5/04)
"Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for ALL!!"
Old 08-18-2003, 10:12 AM
Libby2 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

I have friends....both male and female that worked in the 'industry' (stripping). From the stories they've told me...it is definately just another fancy form of prostitution..not to mention degrading. My female friends all had self esteem issues, and developed drug habits as a result....my male friends, well let's just say that they too have soem fairly wacked ideas about relationships as a result, or maybe that's the way you have to be to do it...who knows?
As for me? Nope, I definately would NOT get involved with anyone who stripped....it's a whole different world, and most clubs are owned by bikers or other gangsters..it's a corrupt lifestyle.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:19 AM
Tokyo_vice should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I have a couple of friends that work in strip clubs. I don't think any less of them for it. I have actually gone to pick them to go out after they get off work. So I see how they act when they work. They are no less moral than anybody else. But then again I know a few Catholic school girls that would and have done just about anything [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
I just think it is a matter of trust. If I don't trust my partner then I can't be with them. I don't ask my girlfriend where she goes. Who she goes out with, what time she gets in etc. I just want her to be safe. I am the most non jealous person alive. It's either I trust you or I don't.

Tokyo_Vice Offseason pics:
http://www.bikeweekwelcomecenter.com...05beer087f.jpg
Old 08-18-2003, 11:19 AM
nozzle should change his/her status!
National Champion

I wouldn't date a stripper. If the guy I dated wanted to become a stripper, I wouldn't be dating him anymore. Relationships have to have common ground and stripping is so completely the opposite of what I stand for that there would no longer be a foundation for a relationship. If others want to strip, that's fine and that's their business. But, I'm not going to be involved in it.

Rico, "Money does not replace dignity," was great!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:39 AM
workinhard should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

I wouldn't be able to stay with him. I wouldn't have any respect for him at that point and I couldn't be with someone I didn't respect.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:42 AM
Debbie9999 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I am so glad that I asked this question because I am tired of being accused of being "jealous" and also accused of "not trusting". To me, it is not a question of trust but more a question of dignity.

I also need to add that if stripping is your ONLY option and money is really, really a problem and maybe child care an issue (stripping probably requires less time and you canbe around in the daytime for kids), then I can see it. Also, maybe one strip club differs from the next and has different rules. There may be some clubs that offer dancing entertainment, like putting on a show, but no interaction.

Again, it is not a matter of trust. When someone you love is entertaining others for money, they are pretending and playing and may be in a long-term, loving relationship in real life. Sort of like acting. That's OK, but the audience doesn't know this and they tend to take things more seriously. I don't care how much you trust somebody, if you love them then the thought of them being gawked at, groped, kissed, touched, and getting physical with someone else is upsetting. Even if there is no feeling behind the physical actions. How could it not be upsetting?

Old 08-18-2003, 04:42 PM
mama2Six should change his/her status!
Middleweight

A few years ago jealousy would have made me angry. Today, since I have found Jesus, this would just make me SO sad.
Amy
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Remember that in a race everyone runs, but
only one person gets the prize. You also must run in such a way that you
will win. [25] All athletes practice strict self-control. They do it to win a
prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. [26] So I run
straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I am not like a boxer who
misses his punches. [27] I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to
do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself
might be disqualified.

Old 08-18-2003, 05:00 PM
workinhard should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Debbie,
Don't let him convice you that you are jealous or not trusting because of this. Don't let him effect your self-esteem. If you are not comfortable with his profession and he is not willing to give it up, leave him. When you are in a committed relationship, he should not be sharing his body with other women - for money or any other reason.
Closed Thread