Diet pills??? - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 10:25 AM
ALD4168 should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Re: Diet pills???

Bethana,
I'm going to tell you the one thing that everyone on here has taught me since I started on this board. YOU HAVE GOT TO EAT! You're probably not losing because your body is in "starvation mode" if you really are only eating apples and salads all day. Especially if you're doing a lot of cardio each day. I'm sure someone else will go into this more, but I get the feeling that's what's going on. Hope this helps! Back to work I go!
Old 08-19-2003, 11:41 AM
Omskakas should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
I workout every morning! I workout for 2 hours every morning! One hour of cardio and one hour of strength training. I eat salads and apples everyday! Nothing else! I hate food! After dinner at night, I wait about 30 minutes and then my son and I go for a 1 mile run. Since April 3rd I have did this and all I have lost is 20 pds. I am getting very ill and fustrated!

[/ QUOTE ]

You eat way too little and do too much cardio. You won't lose much fat that way, it's muscle that you're wasting. When (if) you go back to your regular eating habits you will gain all the weight back with some extra, because your metabolism is slowed due lost muscle and starvation mode (yo-yo dieting). It's no wonder if you're feeling ill because your body doesn't get what it needs: proper nutrition.

What you need is to cut off some cardio and start to eat 6 small, balanced meals per day. Check nutrition section for more information.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can make a fool of yourself anytime.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:01 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
I workout every morning! I workout for 2 hours every morning! One hour of cardio and one hour of strength training. I eat salads and apples everyday! Nothing else! I hate food! After dinner at night, I wait about 30 minutes and then my son and I go for a 1 mile run. Since April 3rd I have did this and all I have lost is 20 pds. I am getting very ill and fustrated!

[/ QUOTE ]

NOT GOOD!!! you need to eat more and more often. what happens when you do not fuel your body with food is that it holds onto erverything it has for dear life (fat) thinking that your not going to give it nutrients so it needs to hold onto what it has. if you start to feed your body, it will not hold onto fat like that.

i think you need to figure out your maintenance calories (what your body needs to consume to stay where its at) and increase from there slowly (100-200 calories/week). just apples and salads are probably below your maintenance caloric level (unless you eat them in excess [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]) and your not not filling your basic nutritional needs. also, you have no protein in your diet which is very important to bodybuilders. you need to consume 1-1.5 grams of protein for each lb of LBM (lean body mass)/muscle you have. if you do not know your lbm, use your bodyweight. so if you weigh 150 and do not know your lbm, you would comsume at least 150 grams of protein/day (1 times bodyweight).

the article linked below has 3 methods for figuring out your maintenance calories. do all 3 and then take the average and let us know what it comes out to so we can help you get on track.
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magaz...urningdiet.htm

it is not necessary to do cardio everyday, your just burning muscle that way. if you concentrate on weights and diet more right now i think you may get better results. remember, the more muscle you have the more calories you burn at rest.

what is your training split like?

also, read this post and let me know if you have any questions.
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forum...o=&fpart=1

Old 08-19-2003, 12:19 PM
lean_nmean should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Personally I think that a person should be able to do it naturally and not have to rely on pills and stuff like that. You just screw up your metabolism and body by taking all those energy and fat burning pilss. Think how good you would feel about yourself loosing weight and knowing you did it YOURSELF.
Closed Thread