New to the board ... here's what I'm doing for the next 18 weeks - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 08:26 PM
Doc L should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default New to the board ... here\'s what I\'m doing for the next 18 weeks

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say that you all have a most excellent board here - very nice. Looking through your workouts and shocking areas made me immediately want to join the bord (after finding the link to join -- I'm blind). It looks like there are several here that are hardcore / fellow animals.

I am currently on yet another round of ABCDE (Anabolic Burst Cycling of Diet and Exercise). This is the reason for the micro-cycles.

**Note: Martial Arts training / teaching 6-7 days a week; that never changes.

Here is what I'll be doing for the next 18 weeks:

Bulking Phase: (2 weeks) (German Volume Training)
Week 1 - Monday Chest, Back
Tuseday Legs, Abs
Wednesday off
Thursday Arms, Shoulders
Friday off
Saurday Chest, Back
Sunday Legs, Abs
Week 2 - Monday off
Tuesday Arms, Shoulders
Wednesday off
Thursday Chest, Back
Friday Legs, Abs
Saturday off
Sunday Arms, Shoulders
Cutting Phase: (2 weeks) (German Volume Training)
Week 1 - Monday Guerrilla Cardio x 2
Tuesday Chest, Back
Wednesday Legs, Abs
Thursday Guerrilla Cardio x 2
Friday Arms, Shoulders
Saturday Guerrilla Cardio x 2
Sunday Chest, Back
Week 2 - Monday Legs, Abs
Tuesday Guerrilla Cardio x 2
Wednesday Arms, Shoulders
Thursday Guerrilla Cardio x 2
Friday Chest, Back
Saturday Legs, Abs
Sunday Guerrilla Cardio x 2
Week 5 - (Special Week - using I believe what you call here Enhanced Neural Drive or 1-6 Training)
Monday Arms
Tuesday Shoulders
Wednesday Chest
Thursday Back
Friday Legs
Saturday Abs
Sunday off
Weeks 6 & 7 - Repeat of Bulking Phase using GVT
Weeks 8 & 9 - Repeat of Cutting Phase using GVT and GC
Week 10 - repeat of week 5 (Enhanced Neural Drive)
Week 11 - (Blitzing / "Austrian Blitzing")
Monday Legs
Tuesday off
Wednesday Chest
Thursday off
Friday Arms
Saturday & Sunday - off
Week 12 -OFF
Weeks 13 & 14 - Repeat of Bulking Phase using GVT
Weeks 15 & 16 - Repeat of cutting Phase using GVT and GC
Week 17 - Enhanced Neural Drive week, same split as before
Week 18 - (Austrian Blitzing)
Monday Shoulders
Tuesday off
Wednesday off
Thursday off
Friday Back
Saturday & Sunday - OFF

I do not necessarily use a set lifting limit, i.e. particular number of reps per set. For instance, if I am supposed to be doing 10 sets of 10 on bench press, I will do 10 sets; I will try to get as many reps as I can past those ascribed 10. Maybe 11, maybe 15. If I can move the bar one inch... then that means I CAN get another rep.

For Guerrilla Cardio (using sprinting as method of choice), I enhance it using either a speed chute or by wearing a weighted vest. There are no actual "resting periods" though. During supposed resting intervals, it is time to get mean and nasty doing as many crunches, push-ups, etc that I can possibly do in 10 seconds.

The macro-nutrint profiles I have found to work best for me on bulking and cutting phases are:

BULKING: 35% Protein / 50% Carbohydrates / 15% Fat
CUTTING: 60% Protein / 25% Carbohydrates / 15% Fat

Caloric Intake for each Phase:

Bulking Phase: Bodyweight x 15 + 2000 calories (sometimes 3500)
Cutting Phase: Bodyweight x 12

When doing END weeks, I use a maintenance caloric intake. When doing Blitzing - definitely Bulking diet

Supplements -- too many to name here...lol

I think that is all for now - have to go make a late supper for the kids and I. I welcome all comments and suggestions!! Cannot wait to meet you all.

Peace and God Bless,

Doc L

P.S. Please excuse any and all typos - I cannot spell check on here, and I was always a peeker before losing my sight... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts." and "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."- Albert Einstein.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."- Albert Einstein.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."- Albert Einstein.

"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible."- Albert Einstein.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:35 PM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Default Re: New to the board ... here\'s what I\'m doing for the next 18 weeks

Hey, Doc! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I just wanted to say welcome to you! It looks like you have a well thought out plan! Are you going to join the Hyperplasia Challenge? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 08-15-2003, 09:52 PM
Stranger

I have not yet seen that I guess... could you tell me a little about it, or tell me how to find it?..lol
"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts." and "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."- Albert Einstein.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."- Albert Einstein.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."- Albert Einstein.

"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible."- Albert Einstein.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
Old 08-16-2003, 06:48 AM
Mr. Universe

Hey again, Doc! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It is a challenge (you can enter under the cut or bulk category) that will start September 1st and go through November 23rd.

To read about the challenge, you can click here:
<font color="red">HYPERplasia Challenge</font>
and you can sign up here! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

Old 08-16-2003, 02:09 PM
Stranger

Thank you very much!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Looks like I'll be joining the fun after all! I'll have the miss post some pics as soon as possible, and have her weigh me &amp; test my bf%.

Peace and God Bless,

Doc L

Old 08-16-2003, 09:08 PM
Stranger

Had a kiler sparring session tonight! Before the sparring sessions, during speed drills - I finally broke 16 (on average) hits per second again since my shoulder injury a few months ago. I had previously dropped to an average of 12 for a long time now due to that injury [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

By the way... for those of you in here that are interested in developing exceptional speed - there are techniques and drils you can do very similar in principle to 1-6 (Enhanced Neural Drive) that will help you to develop speed like you have never imagined in a very, very short time period.

Peace and God Bless,

Doc L

Old 08-17-2003, 11:42 PM
Stranger

Hmmm.. I guess that post I just made failed to make it to the board.

Finally got some sleep today... slept until almost 7 pm. It has been a very long time since I've gotten more than 3 hours of sleep in one night.

I'm starting another blitzing cycle before September tomorrow. Starting with legs - squats, 2 hours of them...lol

Peace and God Bless,

Doc L

Old 08-18-2003, 09:33 AM
Mr. Universe

[ QUOTE ]
Starting with legs - squats, 2 hours of them...lol

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
-Wayne Gretzky

-Rhonda Riley

Old 08-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Stranger

Did squats today - after 35th set (somewhere around there), I just gave out. Just about vomited!! My legs still had not fully recovered from my last blitzing session 2 weeks ago...lol Oh well, talk about a KILLER workout, and a pump from hell!!

For those of you who have yet to try the routine "Austrian Blitzing" listed here on the site - I HIGHLY recommend that you do. I've never in my life grown as fast or busted through plateaus so quickly as with this method. Keep in mind that after a good leg session, you may end up missing work the next day...lol

Wednesday I'll be blitzing arms, and Friday I'll be blitzing chest. Then 5 days off of nothing but Guerrilla Cardio.

So what this means a week of barely being able to walk and barely being able to pick up a coffee cup [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Gotta love the pain [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Peace and God Bless,

Doc L

Old 08-18-2003, 03:23 PM
MaxC should change his/her status!
Middleweight

35 sets? 3 blitzes in one week? You da man!
Closed Thread