Thinking of getting fake.... - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 03:04 PM
Elle should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Thinking of getting fake....

NAILS!!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I would've posted this in the ASTB forum, but I doubt any of the dudes have had any such experience...or at least I hope not! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

So ladies, I've been wanting some claws for a long time. Not long hoochie style, but a nice french manicure! Waddaya think?
Old 08-15-2003, 03:14 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: Thinking of getting fake....

go for it... those would look nice! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i personally have only had fakies once, they lasted about a week. lol
Old 08-15-2003, 03:21 PM
Kristen should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Go for it! Just make sure you go to a place that does them RIGHT - fake nails can look, well, FAKE, if they aren't put on and maintained with care. Just beware - when you take them off, your nails will be almost paper thin and painful for a few days, and it takes a good 4 or 5 months for all the grooves to grow out...but anyways! Get them done, and enjoy [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Training Journal
Old 08-15-2003, 03:40 PM
William Ustav is cutting the shadow.
Super Moderator

Aarrrrggghhh... you fooled me Elle [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, although I'm a guy, I can say that I personally like a girl to have normal nails, i.e. not too long. It differs a lot, though! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Vito should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I wore falsey's once for a play I was in college.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much,because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.taracaballeroauthentic.co...ng_you_jpg.jpg

Old 08-15-2003, 03:46 PM
workinhard should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

I say go for it. I have acrylic nails. I keep them very short for fake nails - everyone is always surprised they are even fake when I tell them. I just love that the nail polish stays on so well, I got so sick of repainting my nails every other day.
Old 08-15-2003, 04:07 PM
enderwigginout should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

I'd say don't do it. Like Kristen said, when they put on the fake nails they sand the top layers of your nails off to where they are super thin. I've never had it done before but I can imagine how painful that would be.
Old 08-15-2003, 04:19 PM
Debbye218 should change his/her status!

i had acrylic for years til I developed an allergy to them. I had them taken off. It is true that your nails will be paper(tissue almost) thin. I waited 2 yrs but still had a problem so I decided to get silk wraps. That did the trick. I have had my nails wrapped for at least the last 5 yrs. I don't have claws and they don't interfer with work, exercise etc. I love them. I get a lot of compliments and people are surprised that they are wrapped.
A warning: once you start be prepared to keep going. I have mine done every 3 weeks.
Old 08-15-2003, 04:45 PM
Libby2 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

I used to use porcelain nails, but...I have to say that although they looked natural enough, they really did a number on my natural nail bed....I's been about 10 yrs roughly since I've stopped having them and still my nails are not the same..never will be ither, I've been told...let the buyer beware!!

Although, I do love the look of a french manicure...very classy [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2003, 06:00 PM
Jenn should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Funny you mentioned that, Elle. I just got mine done yesterday. I only do it when I am on vacation, I cannot do my job with long nails. (I can't type either, I've re-typed this 3 times already)

I got a French, gels. A little longer than usual, though. I told her I would be back next week so she could shorten them a little. I haven't tried working out yet, I'll see how that works.

My nails are paper thin anyway so the only way I can have nice looking hands is to have fake ones put on.

But like someone posted, once you start be prepared to continue.

Jenn's Journal
Closed Thread