YIKES!!!!! What have I done................... - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 07:23 PM
getnstrong should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default YIKES!!!!! What have I done...................

I was reading these threads two and three times a day last week - following advice, getting good tips, even started my fit-day journaling. THEN --- the freaking holiday happens -
Went out of town - saw friends and family I haven't seen in a while - no access to a computer --- but PLENTY of access to food - and not the things you guys post on here....

Can I just tell you that I don't remember what it feels like to feel hungry? Isn't that awful? I feel like I've been constantly eating and drinking all weekend - like I am out of control.....and I don't feel like I have the energy or the DESIRE to start all over again tomorrow - - to get back on track - to keep pushing forward. I've lost 65 pounds so far - but right now I feel like hiding away from everyone and everything ---- Realistically I know that since I haven't exercised since last Wednesday and haven't truly eaten anything healthy since about the same time - that my whole system is out of whack ---- I just need some serious encouragement to get going - to get moving in the morning.........PLEASE HELP ME ?!?!?!?

<font color="yellow"> </font>
Old 07-06-2003, 07:48 PM
nozzle should change his/her status!
National Champion

Default Re: YIKES!!!!! What have I done...................

Don't worry! I "fell off the wagon" too on Friday. It's so easy to eat right when I'm by myself and on a routine. Then the weekend comes and I'm visiting friends or friends are visiting me and it all goes to pot.

Just acknowledge that you had a rough couple of days and then forget it. Move on and have a great workout.

I can't remember which thread it was or when, but I do remember reading several posts where women went a week of unhealthy eating and came back and stuck to the "diet" and worked out like they should and actually lost more and made more gains than they were expecting because they had "reset" their metabolisms!

Try not to think of it as you've undone or ruined everything you worked for so far. Just look at it as a cheat week or a break and come back strong!!

You can do it!!

Hope that helps some... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2003, 07:50 PM
Elle should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Remember....you are always 2-3 hours away from eating clean! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Grab yourself a big bottle of water...it'll make you feel better. Sit down and start planning once again. If you don't have time to plan your week, at least plan your day tomorrow!

I know how you feel...out of control. That "hiding away feeling" is guilt. Why? Just because you are eating like everyone else! This is a new lifestyle you have adopted and you simply slipped back into the mainstream. It is just one slip, most likely one of many. You have not fallen...and remember, we are here to help you along! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2003, 11:24 PM
getnstrong should change his/her status!
Stranger

thanks to you both ---- just knowing that we all have "those days" is a relief. In reading some of these posts, I felt as though I was the only person out there who made these mistakes. I really put pressure on myself prior to this weekend to stick to my routine, to not slip up - and I think sometimes when I put that added pressure on myself, well, I set myself up for failure. Because what may have been only one day off - turned into several days off because I figured, what the hell - I messed up, might as well go all the way. Thanks for the advice and encouragement!
Old 07-07-2003, 12:53 AM
amandasmith911 should change his/her status!
Rookie

hi there, i have done the same thing this weekend.you are definately not alone.i have a binge eating problem.always have.i feel like you that i do not have what it takes to start over again.but somehow i will find the power with in me to do it.i have lost over 80#.but my eating was so bad this weekend i know i have gained a few pounds back.all my clothes are too tight.i hope someday i can overcome my issues with food.just last week my clothes were getting looser and i was seeing some slight defenition on my calves,then i go and blow it.what is the matter with me?
i can tell my system is all messed up also.i feel terrible.

we will both get back on track!!we can do it and we are worth it.

amanda
Old 07-07-2003, 01:36 AM
gamgirl20 should change his/her status!
Rookie

i totally know what you mean. the last few days i have been out of control like i need everything i see. i feel so guilty and feel im too fat to even work out cuz people will think that im nuts for trying. dunno what to do...but i know how ya feel.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:46 AM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I always have "those" days everyday, nearly. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 07-07-2003, 02:49 AM
MEB should change his/her status!
Rookie

June 30th was the last day of my second 12 week plan. And for the past week I have done nothing; no weights, no cardio, nothing. Then came the long weekend with the 4th and a family reunion. Needless to say I not only did no exercise all week long, but ended the week in a feeding frenzy. I think my blood is now about ten percent barbeque sauce.

But after all tomorrow is another day. And I am really looking forward to getting back to my exercise routine and eating clean. Because despite all the hard work and determination and commitment it takes, the results are well worth it. This really works!!

M

Old 07-07-2003, 07:36 AM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

We've all had these days, the important thing is not to let it ruin the days that follow.
Old 07-07-2003, 08:35 AM
Debbie9999 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Don't think of it as having to "start over" because you're not. This whole thing is a PROCESS and you only just went through a "rest phase". By resuming normal routine and eating habits, you are just simply going to the next phase. This is not starting over. Don't erase all that you have done so far - it counts big time!

Now, go to the gym and do your favorite exercises and do them EXTRA HARD. Really, really hurt the next day, the pain will make you feel accomplished and a good way to start this next phase.

Deb
Closed Thread