Ok. I know I shouldn't, but........... - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 11:29 AM
windsrprk should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Re: Ok. I know I shouldn\'t, but...........

I absolutely love Hot n Spicy Cheez-Its and have the ability to consume an entire box in one day. For this reason, I don't buy them!

Alicia
Old 07-04-2003, 11:30 AM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Fried chicken wings. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] amongst many other unmentionables.

FRUCTOSE - my parents insist I eat them. 3 square fruits a day. Usually 2 apples and 2 or 3 oranges. Papaya too. 1 apple each or papaya for breaky and dinner. Oranges afternoon. Sometimes 1 banana in the morning instead of apple. I dunno how to convince them but I dun think all the fructose is doing me good.

btw, why is banana with oatmeal no good?
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 07-04-2003, 11:52 AM
BboySoul should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Mines is Chocolate!

wait a minute. im inthe womens forum... :O
but thats okay right ladies?
Old 07-04-2003, 12:15 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

[ QUOTE ]
teletummy said:...
btw, why is banana with oatmeal no good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what you mentioned earlier, FRUCTOSE. Fructose is SUGAR, sugar is EVIL, has no place in a bodybuilder's/fitness model's diet. Sugar will stop your body from burning fat. And fructose in particular, why it's not a good idea for us, is because it doesn't even replace depleted muscle glycogen stores. Fructose is used exclusively by the liver to fill it's stores and if those stores are already full, and your blood sugar isn't low, then guess where that fructose is going? You guessed it, to the fat stores! That's why I'll only eat a banana in the morning when my liver stores are most likely at its lowest as well as my blood sugar being low. Also, some fruits are worse than others. An apple a day is okay because it contains that magic ingredient, FIBER. Fiber slows down the digestion and absorption process thus keeping the insulin levels more stable and giving your body longer time to take in that sugar which results in less of a likelihood of storing any as fat. A banana however, no fiber. And a lot of the deal with fruits is that over the years bodybuilders have found out by trial and error which fruits are better for them in terms of staying lean. So generally speaking, bananas aren't good, apples are, any kind of berries are good (fiber), oranges are bad, grapes are bad, etc. Just check my cutting 101 sticky. Hope that helps clear things up some. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2003, 12:23 PM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Yeah, that's great info. I really have to do something abt that.
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 07-04-2003, 01:42 PM
LeslieD should change his/her status!
Rookie

i'm ashamed to admit it....fat free salad dressing. i know it has sugar in it and i swear on my gym memberhsip, i'm going to switch to red wine vinegar when my last bottle of dressing is gone [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2003, 04:13 PM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

For me it's low fat coffee creamer in the morning. I know it's only like 2 carbs a serving, but I drink like 3-4 cups, and MY serving is definitely more generous than what's on the label. I think it probably adds about 60-75 cals a day to my total, so I've decided to ditch it. Funny this thread should come up today- I just went my first morning without it!
[img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2003, 04:17 PM
Pandora should change his/her status!
Stranger

Hmm...

A tablespoon of ranch dressing on my salad (its the only dressing I like and its hard to eat salad completely dry, imo)

A little bit of butter on veggies or my sweet potato

Peanut butter (only a "cheat" when I get too carried away with it [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Oh, Krypto that info about banannas is good to know... Banannas are one of my favorite fruits and I didn't realize that about them not being good post workout. I guess I will have to limit my banannas to breakfast too when my glycogen is lowest.

Old 07-04-2003, 04:17 PM
Breeze should change his/her status!
Rookie

I just recently finished rehab for Microwave Popcorn...yummmmmm! When the family went to see the Hulk 2 weeks ago, I could almost swear I had the jitters! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

"It is what we think we know already that often prevents us from learning."
- Claude Bernard (1813-1878 French Physiologist)

"When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around."
- Willie Nelson

"Our vision is more obstructed by what we think we know, than by our lack of knowledge."
-Kristen Stendahl
Old 07-04-2003, 04:38 PM
MusicJennifer should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

a hahaha, Breeze that's funny about the popcorn jitters! For me, hm..for my "cheat" day I like to have a real pasta meal with pink sauce or pizza (totally bad I know)!!