Goal to lose 100 pounds...anyone else?? - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 05:04 PM
Misslili should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Re: Goal to lose 100 pounds...anyone else??

Wow!! JV you look amazing....totally different. Although in all honesty you were attractive at 230 as well. How tall are you? A picture truly is worth a thousand words. You've inspired me today that's for sure. I hope that anyone who has lost over 50 pounds will share there pictures, you'll never know how much your pictures will motivate others. I CAN NOT wait to share before/after photos. Woohoo!!!!
Lili

p.s. JV did you have any problems with loose skin...from the looks of your upper body photo I can't see any saggy skin at all. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2003, 05:44 PM
JV1311 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Thanks DarkLotus and congrats to you too - 71lb, yay!

Lady, I am only 5'2". As you can see from the pictures, I hated the stereotype of the slobby fat girl so I used to dress nicely, do my hair, and wear makeup at all times. Now I am a slobby thin girl, especially cause I telecommute, and will barely comb my hair, ha ha.

I will post a full body shot (I had one, but since most of the 4% body fat seems to have come from my belly, I wanted a recent one), but my problem with loose skin is very minor. I have some on my stomach, inner thigh and hip area but it is not noticeable at all if I am standing up. If I sit down, my stomach will fold like a fat person's stomach but it is just skin. I've seen a doctor about a surgical solution and she told me that the only place I have enough to cut off is the stomach and that the legs and hips "are all in my mind", but she said she will only do the stomach if I am having another procedure, that it is not enough to justify anesthesia. Since I want a boob job and I do have scarring on my stomach from gallbladder removal anyway, I am going for it.

For the legs I am gonna try DMAE cream, going for my prescription next week. I am excited. The leg problem is only visible if I sit in a yoga position, then there are some folds on my inner thigh and hip area. But I didn't have any loose skin on my arms, fortunately.

I attribute that to weight training and losing slowly (average .7-1lb a week). If my skin weren't so un-elastic I might not have had any loose skin at all (I was full of stretch marks much before gaining the weight already, so I know my skin doesn't stretch well).
Old 07-03-2003, 11:15 PM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

This is !!!!! JV, yes you look lovely at 230lbs too! You must be reaching the final stages of fat loss since you're finally losing at the tummy? You're very inspirational. I have 27-38lbs to lose and I really have to try to be patient as it is.
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 07-03-2003, 11:19 PM
sandee31 should change his/her status!
Stranger

I want to thank all of you for the encouragement and congratulate you on your successes. JV--all I can say is wow! I'm soooo happy I posted today, because I really am motivated by all of your stories and encouraging words.
For someone who has so much to lose do you recommend high reps and moderate weight or low reps and heavy weight (like BFL). I've been reading so much conflicting info lately especially when it comes to diet. Low carb, high carb, glycemic index [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
thanks
Sandy
Old 07-03-2003, 11:29 PM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

sandee, I think the only way to go is low reps heavy weight. Abt 6-12 reps is low. But I always tell myself, that no matter how heavy I was thinking of going next, I have to make sure my form is right and never want to risk the potential of injury. Otherwise, it'd offset my many months of hard work. I'd say if uncomfortable with heavy weights at first, start with a comfortable weight then slowly increase, BUT SURELY INCREASE!
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 07-03-2003, 11:54 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

You gals are all doing GREAT!!!

[ QUOTE ]
JV1311 said:
I have put up some pictures for you to see. The latest one is from May and I've since lost 5lb and 4% bf, so I will be taking new ones:

http://www.vlsweb.com.br/JV

[/ QUOTE ]

AWESOME JV! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Very inspiring!
Old 07-04-2003, 12:37 AM
Gwindalyn should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

60lbs left to go here.

Thanks for posting the pics JV! That is some great motivation!!! You look amazing!!

There are Three things in life worth knowing: How to find information, How to laugh, and Who your friends are. Everything else is chaff upon the wind.

My Fitness Journal</font>
Old 07-04-2003, 01:28 AM
amandasmith911 should change his/her status!
Rookie

lilli, congratulations on your decision to loose weight and get in shape! i have lost over 80# in 15 monthes.but now the last 15# or so are giving me absolute fits!! but i just found this site and i know it is going to help.you too will realize your goals if you take one day at a time.unfortunately i have no capability of posting my before and now pictures.i wish you the best of luck.

amanda
Old 07-04-2003, 01:51 AM
Autumn~ should change his/her status!

I started my new lifestyle of diet and lifting on May 18, 2003 and have since lost 10 lbs. and my pants are starting to get baggy and it feels great. I still have another 65 lbs. to lose but if I look and feel this much better after only 6 weeks then what will I look and feel like in 6 months I can't wait to see. I hope all of us that are working on a better and healthier lifestyle meet our goals and live a longer and healthier life.
Autumn~

"Anatomy - something everyone has, but looks better on a girl"

"The only constant in this world is change."

Old 07-04-2003, 08:23 AM
JV1311 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
teletummy said:
This is !!!!! JV, yes you look lovely at 230lbs too! You must be reaching the final stages of fat loss since you're finally losing at the tummy? You're very inspirational. I have 27-38lbs to lose and I really have to try to be patient as it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, teletummy. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I am at 18% right now, measured at home. I am gonna have a pro measuring next Tuesday to get a correct number, so I am thinking I have only a few months to go before I officially go into maintainance.

I've been trying to maintain, I upped my cals to 2,400, and I still lost a pound. It is insane how fast my metabolism is now with the muscle.
Closed Thread