Goal to lose 100 pounds...anyone else?? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 12:09 PM
Misslili should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Goal to lose 100 pounds...anyone else??

Hello Everyone. I tried posting this message TWICE yesterday and it never showed up. I'm 35 years of age and have close to 100 pounds to lose. I'm happy to be here and like the energy of the board. Are there any other women here starting with 50-100 pounds to lose? Or has anyone lost this much weight? I'm open to suggestions, advice, meeting workout buddies, and encouragement. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]Thanks...Lili
Old 07-03-2003, 01:28 PM
sandee31 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Re: Goal to lose 100 pounds...anyone else??

I have 70 lbs. to lose and need all the encouragement and help I can get. I've been depressed about it for too long and made the decision (finally) that I can't stand looking and feeling like crap anymore (not that I ever really did). I've come to this website hoping that the information contained here will help me to lose this weight once and for all.
I've recently just started walking (because I've been out of the workout scene for almost 2 years). But I check out the free weights and can't wait to jump in there. The problem I have is that I hold my weight in my lower body and I seem to put on muscle easily. I've done the Body for Life program and really like it but I'm paranoid now to train that way with the weight I'm at (194 lbs at 5'4") for fear of bulking my legs instead of thinning them.
My diet is desperately in need of an overhaul. I've lived on junk food for the past 8-9 months (hence the tremendous weight gain). And giving up processed foods is pretty tough to say the least.
Ok, now that I've ranted and whatnot. I welcome any suggestions.
Thanks,
Sandy
Old 07-03-2003, 01:54 PM
MEB should change his/her status!
Rookie

I have that much and more to lose. I have been using this site for about seven months now, and have learned a great deal. I would first say that you have to give yourself time. You didnít put the weight on in a day and it certainly isnít going to come off in a day. You have to make a plan and stick to it. There is a lot of information on this site to help you make your plan to fit your goals and your body. You might want to get really muscular and compete one day; there are many examples of women who have done just that. Or you might just want to have a killer bod.

I like the 12-week diet and exercise plan listed above under nutrition, because I have been able to stay with it for a long time.

Donít be obsessed with how much you weigh, I donít even weigh myself anymore, I only count the inches I have lost, and body fat. I do plan to weigh myself at the end of my next 12-week cycle just to see. Not really looking forward to it though because I am really happy because my clothes are beginning to hang on me and I going to have to buy new underwear and shoes soon. That is what I am looking forward to doing.

M

Old 07-03-2003, 03:03 PM
Mrs_Centricity should change his/her status!

Hey

I here to tell you it can be done! 18months ago I had about 70lbs to loose, now i'm looking at my final 10lbs, and man it feels great. Sure it took a long time, but i finally took the road that got me here!

As for fears of bulking up instead of thining out it's not going to happen. Most women do carry their weight in their lower half, and i was no exception, if you are eating properly and working out the fat will come off and you will lose size.

I look forward to reading about your progess. When i get home i will post some pics of myself so you can see it can be done. (I'm at work right now shhh. don't tell anyone [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
Old 07-03-2003, 03:12 PM
Stranger

Congratulations Mrs. Do you have before and after photos? And did it take you 18 months to lose the 70 lbs?

Lili
Old 07-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Stranger

Sandee I know exactly what you mean about being depressed and having reached a point where you MUST lose the weight. I can no longer find clothes that flatter my body or hide the truth any longer. I can't imagine getting any larger. I'm 5'3 and weigh in over 200 lbs.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:36 PM
Mrs_Centricity should change his/her status!

Yes it did take me that long! but as I have said before it's not about how long the journey is, it's about completeing the journey!
Old 07-03-2003, 03:50 PM
Stranger

Any before and after photos Mrs.???????

Its very exciting when I read stories of people who have lost a great deal of weight. Congratulations once again. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2003, 04:01 PM
JV1311 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

First of all, congrats to all of you and to Mrs. Centricity, who is in the home stretch. Making the decision to change is often the hardest part.

I started with a goal of 100lb to lose in April 2000. I was 230lb and 48% bf, now I am 121lb and 18% bf.

I have put up some pictures for you to see. The latest one is from May and I've since lost 5lb and 4% bf, so I will be taking new ones:

http://www.vlsweb.com.br/JV
Old 07-03-2003, 04:33 PM
DarkLotus should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Wow JV, you look like a completely different person! Congrats to you on your success!

Mrs Centricity, congrats to you too, can't wait to see your pics too! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I was 306 pounds when I finally had enough and decided to do something. One year, three months, and 71 pounds later, I've never felt better in my entire life, inside and out. It can be done, it just takes hard work and patience. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Closed Thread