Let it be known that... - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 01:17 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Let it be known that...

I feel like a big piggy wiggy today! I've been shoveling the food in today like crazy! I'm talking A LOT of it every 3 hours and taking glutamine in between the meals too. Why you ask?

Oh my gosh, I am so FREAKING sore!! I had a VERY brutally intense 2 hour speed skating practice yesterday evening (Monday) and so now I swear, every single muscle from my lower back down to my knees is REALLY sore!! You'd think I just got done doing a bunch of heavy squats! My gosh! And the thing is, this is my last week to train for Nationals so CRUNCH time! My coaches and another really good skater (Pro Master skater) want me to really train hard for these last 3 practices I have, they think if I really work hard at skating my circles that I will be skating over on my edge quite well by Nationals. So they want me to train despite the fact that I told them I won't recover in time for tomorrow's practice. Not only that but they want me to skate a Saturday AND Sunday practice, TWO days in a ROW! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I've NEVER done that before! So anyway, I'm putting my body thru hell this week so I am trying to combat my aching sore muscles and replenish my glycogen stores in time for each practice. I don't know how in the heck I'm going to skate tomorrow cause I am SO sore right now! The only thing I know to do is EAT since it's so anabolic and take my glutamine. So I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow afternoon. I can't even imagine skating right now as sore as I am. I just hope I can even practice doing circles, getting over on my edges, I'm afraid my legs might not be able to handle another bout again tomorrow already.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:25 AM
windsrprk should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Re: Let it be known that...

Ouch--that sounds rough! Is it possible to do some cryotherapy (ice the muscles) afterward or do you immediately have to go do something else? You can ease some of the soreness by using long, slow strokes over the muscles (avoid the joints) with ice. Freezing some water in a plastic or styrofoam cup works well for this even if it doesn't feel too good!

Alicia
Old 07-02-2003, 01:32 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Practice is 2 hours of almost constant skating. We'll do some kind of drill or race then get a few minutes break, like 5 minutes then right back at it. After practice is over I have almost a 2 hour drive home. I have a feeling I'm gonna be skating on pure adrenaline tomorrow cause my legs are just shot. Even my outer lower leg, left side just up from the ankle is sore, probably from forcing my left edge over while doing those circles. Crazy stuff, just crazy. I just gotta get thru 3 more practices then I'll get a week off before I have to go compete at Nationals. So I'm hoping my body supercompensates for this hell I'm putting it thru this week.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:21 AM
teletummy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Such DOMS is AWEsome. So is adrenalin. I'm excited for you. The muscles can do it!
<font color="red">____________________ [ The Beauty of Symmetry and Power ] __________________</font>

Maintenance calories = 1908-2226
BMR = 1498.98
Old 07-02-2003, 04:13 AM
kiwi girl 1 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Sounds brutal.

I suggest go kick ***, then book yourself a massage afterwards and get your coach to pick up the tab.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:50 AM
LeslieD should change his/her status!
Rookie

that sounds totally brutal!!! but i think you can do it..you are one tough chick!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2003, 08:28 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

ouchie k~

i'd be shoveling the food and glutamine in too [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

it will all be worth it to go to nationals though... that's an experience you'll never forget, depite not being able to walk right. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

i find that if i just warm-up, my muscles tend do loosen up at soccer and they don't hurt "as bad". lol

btw - good luck.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:40 AM
GetPsycho should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

you can do it Krypto !
Old 07-02-2003, 08:41 AM
DarkLotus should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Hopefully some decent rest and all the extra glutamine will do the trick for you! I know you can do it [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]Good luck!
Old 07-02-2003, 08:52 AM
Vito should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

You can do it Krypto. We all have faith and confidence in you.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much,because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.taracaballeroauthentic.co...ng_you_jpg.jpg

Closed Thread