Erika's Training Journal-Please give feedback! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 06-25-2003, 12:16 PM
Erikabomb should change his/her status!

Default Erika\'s Training Journal-Please give feedback!

Wednesday June 25, 2003
Today we did legs:

Leg extension: 40lbs 10 reps 3 sets
Leg curl: 60lbs 10 reps 3 sets
Squat: 60lbs 10 reps 4 sets
Deadlift: 40lbs 10 reps 4 sets
Calve Raise: 220lbs 20 reps 4 sets

My calves are so strong compared to the rest of me. I cannot wait for the rest of my body to catch up! Is this normal to have such strong calves? By the way, this is my second time to ever do squats and deadlifts so that could be the reason the weight is so light. Feel free to fix this if it is needed!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2003, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Erika\'s Training Journal

Oh by the way, I am 5'5" at 133-135 and 20 years old and I am trying to lower my body fat percentage, I do not know what it is but I will hopefully be getting that done soon. I am guessig it is around 19-21% because two years ago when I was at 130 it was 16.8%.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:29 PM
juice should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

good to have you on the boards! good luck w/ your journal/training........as far as the calves question, don't really know.....i don't have calves ... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] ....are you doing the full ROM when doing calve raises (if not, the weight you lift might be deceiving)? they are one of the most worked muscles in your body (that's why they're so resilient) so it might hold true that they are stronger ....... ???? .... just my 2 cents..... somebody more knowlegeable will confirm this for you later! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2003, 12:58 PM

Thanks for your input Juice! I went to Fitday.com and put in my breakfast, mid snack and lunch items and the numbers are: fat: 19 carbs: 87 protein: 66
I do not know if that helps anyone with their feedback but I noticed some other people posted those so I did too!
Old 06-25-2003, 01:15 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

i'm not too sure how much stronger calves can be, but juice is right, they are resilient and need to be worked HARD if you want to see changes! you may be genetically gifted there. also, some machines can fool you. i can use a standing calf raise machine at one gym and put up a certain amount of weight and then use another standing calf raise machine at another gym and barely put up half of what i did on the other! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

i'm glad to see you've started a journal. you will quickly begin to realize how much it will help you. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2003, 02:36 PM

Thank you both for your feedback, I talked to my husband (he is my training partner) and I asked him if I was doing the full motion of the calve raise and he said that I was doing it correctly. These are the seated calve raises done on the leg press machine. I will keep you posted!
Old 06-25-2003, 02:43 PM
Olympia Contender

oh, ok that explains it a little. different types of seated calf raises (differing angles) will illicit different weights [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] is your weight that high for regular seated calf raises? anyways, i would not complain about lifting that much weight... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] keep boasting!

Old 06-25-2003, 03:08 PM

Yes, for a normal seated calve machine I can do 217.5 which is the max on that machine. That is why we moved to the leg press machine, because you can add your own weights and continue to get more weight (it is unlimited!). I checked out your journal soccerchick and you are awesome! You have a really strong leg press! That was impressive. I also checked out your picture so that I could put a face to you. I will try to get some photos online at some point. Maybe when I have toned up just a bit more. Tomorrow we are doing arms so I will write agian tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2003, 03:14 PM
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
Erikabomb said:
Yes, for a normal seated calve machine I can do 217.5 which is the max on that machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's great erika! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

I checked out your journal soccerchick and you are awesome! You have a really strong leg press! That was impressive. I also checked out your picture so that I could put a face to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2003, 02:24 PM

Thursday June 26,2003
We did arms today, well actually it was just biceps because we were running short on time. At least we got something done though, right!

Bicep curls: 10x10, 12x10, 15x10, 20x5, 15x5
Bicep curls w/cable: 60x10, 60x10, 60x10, 60x10
Preacher curls: 20x10, 20x10, 20x10
Reverse curls: 20x10, 20x10, 20x10