Bad Time at the Gym - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 12:01 PM
joisygirl should change his/her status!

Default Bad Time at the Gym

The gym was busier than usuall this morning, no big whoop, just change up a couple exercises off my plan. So I'm doing squats on the smith machine, I'm halfway done with my 2nd of 3 sets in the middle of a squat & this guy stands right next to me & asks if I'm almost done. He couldn't wait for my set to be over??? So I finish my set (I can't talk & squat LOL) & tell him I have 1 more set of 20 to do, thinking he'll walk away & wait. Oh no, he stands right next to me & watches me intently not saying anything. Weird. I finish as best I can feeling very uncomfortable, take off my weights & move on. This guy follows me through my entire workout! Not saying anything, just staring. I go to do seated calf raises & there is a 45lb plate on it, he says to me that that is too much weight & he'll take it off for me. I tell him it's fine & I'm going to add weight to it. Again he just stares ot me. I end up doing 80lbs & he has the nerve to say "this I got to see" What is up with that??? He says it's way to heavy for me & I'll never get 20 reps out. So I really really push it & do 25 & then replace all the plates to the rack & tell him to f*** off! I have never had such an annoying pain in the *** time before. Sorry, I just had to rant & get it all out.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:14 PM
jkk should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Re: Bad Time at the Gym

Strange-Especialy since he did not say anything to you.
Are you a hot mom?
Maybe he was stalking you or had issues ?
Old 05-09-2003, 12:16 PM
LeslieD should change his/her status!
Rookie

geez!!!! why are some people so rude. whatever happened to gym etiquette or just common courtesy??!!! i hate when people stand right next to me while i'm squatting and not say anything at all. they'll stand there until i finish 3 whole sets not saying a word, just watching???!!! wtf at least he did offer to help you unload your plates, i think thats only happened to me about 5 times in the 2 years i've been going to the gym!!
Old 05-09-2003, 12:18 PM
NC should change his/her status!

hehehehe,,....maybe he was really attracted to you, hence he was sticking around you and starring at you like a mad man...just my guess...i don't know.
Old 05-09-2003, 01:19 PM

Actually I've never seen him before in the gym. As for me being attractive or hot.....I'm not bad I guess, but not great in the gym! I usually have my hair pulled back, no make-up on & sweating up a storm! Maybe that's what turns him on hehehehehe [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2003, 01:49 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Wow, what an idiot! I'd have been pissed too and would've made SURE I could do 20 reps at that weight just to throw his comments back in his face! On the bright side, he made you push yourself harder than you probably would have. But yeah, I think I'd have done something similar. I don't think I'd have been able to keep my mouth shut when he said "this I gotta see". I think I might have put him in his place with words then proved myself further with actually doing the reps. As backwards as it may sound, the other gals may be onto something when they said he probably likes you. Some guys just don't know how to behave around strong women. Perhaps I need to make a trip to Central NJ so we can work out together while he's there and show him that indeed there are strong women out there! Then you wouldn't have to be alone on it either, we could put him in his place together, heh, even threaten to kick his *** if he doesn't leave us alone, hehehehehe.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:47 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Post deleted by President Wilson

Old 05-09-2003, 03:56 PM
LAM should change his/her status!
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
joisygirl said:
So I really really push it & do 25 & then replace all the plates to the rack & tell him to f*** off! I have never had such an annoying pain in the *** time before. Sorry, I just had to rant & get it all out.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's great ! the old "gym stalker" routine. if it persists tell the management. several years ago when I was a co-owner of a gym I would regulary 86 people for such behavior.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:07 PM

Funny you should say that LAM, my friend (a trainer at the gym) called me a little while ago to tell me he was doing the same thing to another woman at the gym after I left. He usually goes at night & switched to days because of complaints they had about him. So today they had another talk with him, told him his behavior was inappropriate (again)& that if he continued they'd cancell his membership.
Krypto~that made me laugh out loud! I could never see myself threating to kick anybody's ***! lol
Old 05-09-2003, 05:25 PM
Elle should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Thats why I always have my diskman on full blast...when a loser talk to me like that (if I notice...) I'll pull one earphone off, stare kinda blankly while he says something stupid and tell him that I'll be done soon and resume my workout. That'll be the day when some moron screws with my workout....

I'm lucky....I know the staff at my gym pretty well and they wouldn't let anyone bother me....and it helps when you look like an unapproachable *****...hahaha!

Joisy...you did the right thing girl. If the dude pulls that again...report his ***!
Closed Thread