How to Take Your Measurements - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 11:52 AM
schless should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default How to Take Your Measurements

Someone asked this question in another thread, so I thought I'd just start a new one here in case anyone else was looking for the same thing. I don't remember where I got this, but this is how I take mine.

I think the main this is consistency. However you do it, do it the same way every time. Anyway, hope this helps.

Oh, and for GP and Showdown, I just want to say.....BOOBS! Because they are mentioned below! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

TAKING YOUR MEASUREMENTS

Taking your measurements is an excellent way to keep track of your changing shape as you get fit. When you burn fat and increase your muscle mass, you may weigh a bit more even though your body is getting tighter and smaller. Here is how you take 10 different body measurements. Remember to keep your muscles relaxed while you're measuring.

1. Bust: Don't squish yourself -- measure all the way around your bust and back right at your nipple line, and make sure the tape measure is not lower.

2. Chest: Measure under your breasts but as high up as you can go, keeping the tape measure parallel to this line when you reach it around your back.

3. Waist: Measure wherever it is the smallest (if you have "no waist" go around yourself right at the navel line).

4. Hips: Measure at the very biggest part -- even if that is so low that you are almost on the top of your thighs.

5. Midway: Measure midway between the very biggest part of your hips and your waist.

6. Thighs: Measure wherever they are the biggest.

7. Knees: Measure right above the knee.

8. Calves: Measure wherever they are the biggest.

9. Upper arm: Measure wherever they are biggest above your elbows.

10. Forearms: Measure wherever they are biggest below your elbows.

Re-measure yourself every couple of months. It may seem discouraging to see your measurements when you start a diet plan, but once your begin to see results, the feeling of accomplishment is wonderful. Even if you have been on a program for a while, it's not too late -- it is great to watch your body continue to change. Get your tape measure and get started now!
Old 05-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Dragonzeye should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Re: How to Take Your Measurements

[ QUOTE ]
schless said:
1. Bust: Don't squish yourself -- measure all the way around your bust and back right at your nipple line, and make sure the tape measure is not lower.

[/ QUOTE ]
What happens if gravity has taken over and your nipples aren't where they use to be? Even if it's lower, is that still considered the fullest part of your bust? I've always wondered that...
Old 05-09-2003, 02:59 PM
realjones should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Dragonzeye said:
What happens if gravity has taken over and your nipples aren't where they use to be? Even if it's lower, is that still considered the fullest part of your bust? I've always wondered that...

[/ QUOTE ]

tmi
Old 05-09-2003, 03:05 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
schless said:

2. Chest: Measure under your breasts but as high up as you can go, keeping the tape measure parallel to this line when you reach it around your back.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, to me it seems like this would be more "ribcage" than chest! but good to know. thanks!!!
Old 05-09-2003, 04:18 PM
schless should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
soccerchick said:

hmm, to me it seems like this would be more "ribcage" than chest! but good to know. thanks!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right. I never really thought about that. I just made sure I was comparing apples to apples each month. If we wanted a number that wasn't just bust size, I wonder if it would be good to go under the arms and around the top too. Might give us more of a true "chest" measurement. Might be something to add to the mix anyway.
Closed Thread