LOST My Motivation.... - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 01:01 PM
Bladezz33 should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default LOST My Motivation....

How do I get it back ?? I am in a slump. Just so tired with classes I started and study that I really find it hard to work out, down to two days a week (weight training only) [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2003, 01:17 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: LOST My Motivation.

Maybe go ahead and just take a week off? Everyone really needs that anyway both mentally and physically. Usually after a week off I'm going crazy wanting to get back to the gym again. It works for me anyway. I also take breaks from my clean diet. This weekend for example I was up in NY for a speed skating meet and I pigged out ALL WEEKEND!! I'm talking pigging out at restaurants, eating out all weekend! You would not believe how much food I put away, just ask Big Pappa B! So anyway, my point is that you do NEED to take breaks both from training and dieting. It will give you a renewed motivation, at least for me it does. Also what helps motivate me is watching TV shows with attractive women in them, especially the women that do have some muscle tone. Watching fitness competitions really does the trick for me. It's just difficult to catch them on cause I don't think they're on very often.

So why not go ahead and take a week off, take a few days off your diet as well, it's not gonna hurt you. I ate like a pig, BAD foods from Friday thru Sunday and I've dropped the extra weight already, which tells me it was mostly water weight anyway. Pig out for a few days, really, it will kick up your metabolism then after a few days, take your carb intake way back down again and you'll drop the extra water weight right back off and maybe even some fat with it. It's like throwing the body a curve. And taking off from lifting should be a normal occurance every so often anyway. I get breaks probably about every other month or so from lifting cause of speed skating meets. If I've got a big meet coming up, I usually take a week off lifting before my meet. I'm talking NO exercise whatsoever. Give it a try, I think you deserve it! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2003, 01:18 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

i find that if i take a week or two off my motivation comes back in the middle of the first week. i sit at home thinking i'm supposed to be doing something right now and i'm not. then i start missing the gym. i seem to get that way when i'm overtrained or have not had a break in awhile. when was the last time you had a break?

sometimes when i plateau in my training i seem to lose motivation as well. then i rearrange things (training and diet) and it seems to help.

are you stressed with the studying and possibly not getting enough sleep?

just remember why you were training before and tell yourself you'll never get there if you drop off now! i'm really not sure what else to tell you! sorry.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:39 PM
LeslieD should change his/her status!
Rookie

i agree 100% with krypto and soccerchick!!! it sounds like you could definitely use some time off. do you have any pictures of what you looked like before you changed lifestyles or old clothes that are way too big? whenever i feel like i'm losing my motivation looking at a picture of myself at my heaviest usually is the kick in the butt i need to stay on track. i never want to go back to the way i used to be. try to think of all the positive changes you've made to yourself, you wouldn't want to lose all that if you gave up now right!!
Old 05-06-2003, 02:59 PM
NC should change his/her status!

Default don\'t worry be happy!!!

...hey girl....don't worry be HAPPY now,....!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Take it easy, don't be so hard on yourself. You're probably just really stressed right now. Things will fall into place when it's suppose to. Don't try to be super woman. We all need sometime to recharge our batteries once in a while.
You'll be back into the swing of things before you know it.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:47 PM
Bantamweight

Default Re: don\'t worry be happy!!!

Great, thanx I really appreciate your support. I really never had this happen to me before and was wondering if it was normal!

I actually did feel bad enough about sitting around and did do my Leggz the other night... AND BACK! I fell asleep immediately afterwards and felt bad about not studying the next morning. I think that class has a major role in my priority right now.

I need to work out too cuz I feel like my body is getting flabby and losing muscle (psychological I am sure). My muscles now seem to scream "work me out already" like they are alive or something so maybe the time off was good.

Thanx a bunch [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2003, 02:11 PM
MusicJennifer should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Hey,
No worries. You have a lot on your plate right now and school is not forever!! (THANK GOD!!) SO rest that body of yours for a week, then get back in the ring [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ENJOY that week off though, no guilt, just enjoyment.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:51 PM
Bantamweight

I was off for three weeks, off and on. I pretty much stuck to diet. Exercise program was really off, only did once a week.

I lost 2 lbs. during this time - you think it was mostly muscle ?

So, I think I am back now!

Thanx a bunch!