How to drain excess body water? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Members Only Database! > Archive of Nutrition & Supplementation

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 08:17 AM
Mopete should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default How to drain excess body water?

How do you go about this? I want to look as cut as possible for friday because its prom weekend. My buddy who is kinda crazy said that drinking strictly distilled water does it. He took before and after pictures and got his pictures published because the change was so **** good. Would this method work?
Old 05-05-2003, 09:41 AM
LAM should change his/her status!
National Champion

Default Re: How to drain excess body water?

yes you can do that and also cut back on your sodium intake. you can also carb deplete wed through friday
Old 05-05-2003, 09:43 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

I am just curious...why does drinking distilled water help?
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 05-05-2003, 10:11 AM
*j* should change his/her status!
Rookie

[ QUOTE ]
tuf said:
I am just curious...why does drinking distilled water help?

[/ QUOTE ]

Distilled water is water which has been heated to the boiling point so that impurities are separated from the water, which becomes vapor or steam at 212 degrees farenheit(100C.). Steam is then cooled and condensed back into pure liquid form. The impurities remain as residue in the steam kettle(to be periodically removed). This distillation system removes waterborne biological contaminants such as bacteria, parasites and viruses, organic and inorganic chemicals, heavy metals, volatile gasses, cysts, and other contaminants. Pure water contains no solids, minerals, or trace elements.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Thank you, but how will that alter the body's appearance or water retention?
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 05-05-2003, 10:26 AM
*j* should change his/her status!
Rookie

[ QUOTE ]
tuf said:
Thank you, but how will that alter the body's appearance or water retention?

[/ QUOTE ]

There won't be any sodium in it which is directly responsible for water retention?
Old 05-05-2003, 10:48 AM
W8lifter2 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Cool...I've heard that before but never known why, thanks!
Old 05-05-2003, 11:10 AM
Cherie should change his/her status!
Middleweight

hi! Ok, this is about getting ready for a photoshoot, maybe it has some good tips in it for you:
http://www.bodychangers.com/4weeksout.html

This is part of what he says on sodium intake etc.

&lt;&lt;I think youíve covered most of it. One of the things that does come to mind is the sodium restriction and potassium loading types of things. Some people start cutting their sodium out four weeks out. Thatís nuts. Sodium is a major electrolyte within the body and we need it. If we donít have enough sodium performance is going to suffer. Now, with that said, I am a fan of cutting back on sodium. Not cutting it out, but cutting it back during the last day. If youíre going to shoot your photos on Saturday, I recommend cutting your sodium back to about 500-750 mg or so on Friday. Then on Saturday morning, depending on when youíre going to shoot, I also recommend keeping your sodium extremely low during that time. I also recommend during that time increasing potassium, taking about 1500 mg or so and spreading it out during the day and doing it in the form of potassium capsule. Youíre trying to increase the amount of water inside the muscle cells. You can increase the water inside the muscle cell, remember I said the muscle is like an inner-tube and the skin is like the tire. We need to push that inner-tube as close to the skin as possible we can and, if we do, the muscle is going to look fuller and weíre going to feel fuller and weíre going to actually feel like when weíre posing and weíre pumped that we actually have something to pose an pump. So, thatís the idea behind that - trying to push water from outside the muscle cell to inside the muscle cell and basically inflate the inner-tube. The other thing that I would say that is really confusing is the issue of whether to carb load or not. Should we carb down five days out? 7 days out or 9 days out? And then start carbing up 3-4 days out and trying to create this hyperglycogen loading syndrome where the muscle is really super loaded with glycogen over and above what it would ever normally have? That is such a crap shoot that I donít recommend it. Because if you miss it youíre going to look like youíre holding a lot of water and you may, depending on the types of foods and how many calories youíre taking in, put on a negligible but noticeable amount of fat. Either one of those is conducive to a photo shoot or a stage. Some of the top natural guys that stand on stage, like Skip McClure, do not recommend the carb loading strategy anymore. Itís too much of a risk. If you miss it, you look like youíre holding water and youíre fat. Thatís a shame after all of those weeks of training and preparation to have that occur. If youíre in shape and your body fat is low, if you are where we talked about earlier, and then in the final day of you are 6% or less as a man, or you are 12% or less as a woman, on the day of your shoot, youíre not going to have to worry about whether you carb load or not. Youíre going to look great. Just like your photos now, Bob, youíre just slightly under 6% and youíre ripped and your after photo compared to your before is a true testimonial as to what happens when you drop your body fat down to that ultra-low level so very few people actually get it to.&gt;&gt;

Cherie
Closed Thread