Ugh. I'm starting to HATE cheat days! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 02:03 AM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Ugh. I\'m starting to HATE cheat days!

Every time I have a cheat day, I feel sick. It's because my body is not used to all of this sugar at once any more. I think I should stop having cheat days. I had one last weekend, and one this weekend.

Tonight I had one sprinkle doughnut, a few pieces of musketeer candy thingys, and a piece of bananna split pie, and some honey in my tea. All tonight. All within the last three hours.

I was doing so good too...
Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 04-06-2003, 02:05 AM
Xtreme1986 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Ugh. I\'m starting to HATE cheat days!

haha if you don't like them then thats like the greatest thing ever. find a better way to reward yourself for doing so well. Man I wished I didn't like to cheat.
Chin-ups:12
Old 04-06-2003, 03:10 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Cheat days imho are a matter of perspective. Cheat to me means allowing yourself items that you don't normally have. Most people will cheat with sugar, cake, fast food, etc. But have you ever considered healthy cheats?

For instance, if you don't nomally eat lobster and you like it. Go for it! or shrimp, cheese, pineapple, etc. Maybe others will post there favorite "healthy cheats". Those are mine.
Old 04-06-2003, 03:10 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Cheat days imho are a matter of perspective. Cheat to me means allowing yourself items that you don't normally have. Most people will cheat with sugar, cake, fast food, etc. But have you ever considered healthy cheats?

For instance, if you don't nomally eat lobster and you like it. Go for it! or shrimp, cheese, pineapple, etc. Maybe others will post there favorite "healthy cheats". Those are mine.
Old 04-06-2003, 04:02 AM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

I think that's what I'll start doing. "Healthy cheats" with fruit or maybe sugar-free pudding.
Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 04-06-2003, 09:14 AM
Elle should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I second that...I felt ill last night. Carb overload. I should've gone out for a steak or lobster dinner!
Old 04-06-2003, 04:00 PM
schless should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
tcw said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! I try to do the same thing. If I cheat by overloading myself with a lot of crap, it sets up a binge mindset for me. That's more a problem than how my body feels after a binge. It ends up being a mental thing that gets really out of control. I've never had any eating disorders thank goodness, but this is kind of my version of that type of thing I guess.

Not to say that I never cheat with cookies, ice cream, etc. Far from it. But I do much better with a controlled, cleaner cheat, if that makes sense! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Cece should change his/her status!
Rookie

I can totally agree with you, Bombflower! I think that tcw is right - healthy "cheats" feel waaaay better. Like when I have a craving for hamburgers, I have a recipe for lower fat meatloaf that really tastes great and is satisfying. Of course, the sweeter stuff is harder to substitute for... and the sodium/sugar crashes are still there.

However, if I don't have a cheat day planned, it is harder for me to get through the week eating clean. I need to have a light at the end of my tunnel!!!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2003, 12:31 AM
kungfu_chick should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

I feel much safer cheating with things like fresh baked bread or a meal out at a nice restaurant, rather than with food like candy or icecream. That way I get a yummy treat but don't feel too overloaded with junk. I also usually invite some friends and make it a social event, cos it's the only time I can eat the same food as them!
Old 04-07-2003, 04:40 AM
kiwi girl 1 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I agree with all the above.

I usually have cheat day by having fast food on friday (hamburger, chips etc ...the works ... big time) only to spend the next few days avoiding the scales or getting on them and being depressed.

Some people might have bodies that can handle it (so why stop ?!)..but I think it is slowing down my progress.

So I intend having mini "treats" similar to the above ...and just keep the "big blow out" stuff for every now and again....well that's the plan ...whether I can withstand that smell of hot chips come this Friday as others in my household endulge ... the test is yet to come ....
Closed Thread