Adding Supps - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 04:43 PM
BimmerMlis should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Adding Supps

If I should have posted this in Nutrition and Supplementation, my apologies, but that area can be a little intimidating!

As far as extras go, I'm using Mypolex deluxe protein shakes, udo perfect blend and just finished off a bottle of EAS Betagen I've had for a while, but hadn't been consistently using. I also use EAS Phen Free but am looking to get something different when I run out of this bottle.

1) If I wanted to invest in a non-ephedra fat burner, what good products do you ladies (and gents) recommend

and

2) If I wanted to invest in a good muscle building type supplement, it seems that Glutamine is highly recommended on this board as well as others I've read in the past. Am I right on this and if so, any particular brand or what factors should I look for? Also, is it most effective paired up with something else?

3) Other recommendations of things I might consider adding?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-04-2003, 05:52 PM
JHI should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Adding Supps

1)[ QUOTE ]
Yu Yevon said:
<font color="green"> Listen to this, recent studies were done on a popular weight loss supplement containing caffine as the main stimulant. Subjects were given either the supplement or a placebo (sugar pill) in a double blind test. The results...no significant difference between those taking the placebo and the actual supplement. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yu Yevon said:
<font color="green"> It means that some popular weight loss supplements, in particular the ones that advertise no ephedra/ephedrine, are essencialy useless. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

2) [ QUOTE ]
If I wanted to invest in a good muscle building type supplement, it seems that Glutamine is highly recommended on this board as well as others I've read in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly recommend glutamine. If you're looking for another good muscle building supplement besides glutamine I would look into creatine. I would also suggest getting the free form ( L-glutamine ) Such as AST Sports Science GL3 L-Glutamine. If you're going to buy either of these products or are looking for additonal information on them I would check out these articles, Glutamine, Quite Possibly a Bodybuilders #1 Amino Acid and Creatine Myth and Facts + What the Hell Creatine Really Is

3) Whey Protein. Gram for gram, whey is a lot cheaper than other proteins. It is also fast aborbing thus beign excellent for post-workout. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/image...4105204854.gif

Forum Rules for ABCbodybuilding
ABC's Index of Bible Studies

http://www.81x.com/Authors/YuYevon/Sig_2.JPG

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince." Vince Lombardi

"If you'll not settle for anything less than your best, you will be amazed at what you can accomplish in your lives." Vince Lombardi

Matthew 19:26 With God All Things Are Possible.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Psalms 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/banner%20small.jpg
Old 04-04-2003, 06:09 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

i also highly recommend glutamine.

jhi covered the rest of what i was thinking [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2003, 06:48 PM
schless should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Ditto! I started using a whey protein shake and adding glutamine to it. I just ran out of that so will begin on Monday with Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey that has L-Glutamine right in it (so one less thing to buy).

I also have a soy protein shake at night. Soy is slower absorbing, hence better at night. Whereas the whey is fast absorbing (as already stated above), so better post workout.

I'd also like to add creatine but, quite frankly, am worried about all that water retention. It seems like the benefits outweigh any of that, so I'll probably at least try it. Anyone know how long it takes before you start noticing a difference in your workout force? JHI? Krypto? Anyone?
Old 04-05-2003, 03:17 AM
kiwi girl 1 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I am currently using whey protein powder, L-Glutamine (found it made a real difference to my muscles - especially in the Winter time when you can get a bit stiff and cold), BCAA's (a couple a day) and I am trying Lean System 7 as a weight control helper (not sure whether these things work or not - i get real head aches on some brands - Hydrocut was the worst for me). I also use CLA.

I have made good muscle gains and lost bf while using the above mix - whether this would have happened anyway - not sure !

Physologically they give me a boost.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:00 AM
DarkLotus should change his/her status!
Lightweight

I just finished my loading phase of Creapure creatine ladies, and here's my report: no bloating whatsoever! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I actually lost 2 pounds during my week off. So the Creapure gets a thumbs up from me [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] No bloating! I notice a difference using creatine within a week. That's why I started loading during my off week, so I'm ready to start lifting again tomorrow.

I also highly recommend glutamine. It's my most essential supplement. I notice when I forget to take it for sure.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:00 AM
ninjachick should change his/her status!

Default Re: DarkLotus

Hi, who makes Creapure creatine ladies? where can i get it?
Old 04-07-2003, 06:34 PM
DarkLotus should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: DarkLotus

I got mine over at Optimum Nutrition online along with some whey.
Closed Thread