I know your not supposed to pay attention to the scale... but jeeze! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 10:49 PM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default I know your not supposed to pay attention to the scale... but jeeze!

Yeah. I'm not a big scale person, but I do like to check every so often to see where I'm at. I checked tonight because I was at the gym and figured I would see what damage was done while not being in. In almost four days of not working out I went from 118-123.5

Doesn't that seem like a lot? I'm just assuming that it's water weight from not being able to sweat or work out for a few days. I am human, so of course I'm aloud to feel a little crappy about it. Right?
Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 04-03-2003, 11:00 PM
Source 101 should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: I know your not supposed to pay attention to the scale... but jeeze!

Do you always weigh yourself at the same time of the day?
Weigh yourself in the morning on an empty stomach everytime you hope on the scale for accuracy
Hop on the scale tomorrow morning.
You will miraculously weigh 118 pounds again.
I would'nt worry about it if you have been sticking to your diet.
My weight fluxuates around 5 pounds in a day.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:03 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: I know your not supposed to pay attention to the scale... but jeeze!

Yeah, mine usually fluctuates 2-3 lbs. I wouldn't sweat 5 lbs if I were you. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2003, 11:06 PM
enderwigginout should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

It's all in your head hon. You feel guilty for taking off because you were sick, so you're "sure" you've gained weight. And since you were probably retaining water like you said, of course the scale is going to pop up and taunt ya. You'll be back to 118 in a few days, as soon as your hydtration gets straightened out.

Don't sweat it, so to speak. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2003, 12:29 AM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

I hope so! It seems like I can almost "feel" it. But like ender said, it's all in my head. I also just feel like I haven't been eating completely right the last few days, but I have been careful. I guess it's all just a combination of being sick, not working out, and having mexican food last night!
Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 04-04-2003, 12:34 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

You're probably just holding some water. I can usually feel if I'm holding water too. Sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference between fat and water but usually if it's SUDDENLY there, then it's just water.
Old 04-04-2003, 06:11 PM
SlowBurner1 should change his/her status!

The best I can tell, the scale just bounces around without rhyme nor reason at times! I know that mine stalled utterly and completely for the first 4 months of weight lifting. I was dropping inches like mad, but that scale wouldn't budge. I live low carb now and it is also now moving, but still it sometimes goes mad with no cause (with the new digital scale it feels even odder with all the "point somethings"). What I did was start weighing daily but taking a week's average (and making notes on the chart as necessary, like - "straw. daquiri on lunch date").

If you check my profile, you'll see my url - a blank weight chart is there for downloading (on the menu on the left) that is like the one I made for myself. Good luck!

TheLowCarbLife.com - free resource for those living or dieting low carb / high protein.
Old 04-05-2003, 03:18 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I like your pic Slowburner1!!!

Well I would be the very first to say that we better throw out that darn scale but me too, I do the horrible mistake of weighting myself once in a while........
The last three weeks I've been loosing fat and gained some muscle (partly with the help of creatine) and the scale hasn't even moved a tiiiiny little bit (no that's not true, actually I was 2 lbs heavier yesterday! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] )

I feel absolutely great with my body (got a small competition next Saturday) but the scale can really give me an annoying start of the day.......

Conclusion; burn the darn thing!!!

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Old 04-05-2003, 04:22 AM
calcounterchick should change his/her status!
Rookie

yeah this whole scale thing thrown me off too (still does) i try not to get caught up in it either but today i went to my friends house and her scale is 5 pounds too high (approx) and it says i was 115, meaning now im 110? when like last week i was complaining about being 118? so IF THA IS CORRECT I WENT FROM A 113, to a 118, to a 110??? not very likely, im going with the water wait thing.

-whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger-
Old 04-05-2003, 09:52 AM
DarkLotus should change his/her status!
Lightweight

When that happens to me, I recount what I ate the previous day. I usually find the culprit there. Salty food, not enough water, a goodie, etc. You're probably retaining water like others said too. Drink lots of water today, and I'll bet there's a difference tomorrow! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The scale is evil!!
Closed Thread